Baby's First Trip...

Nope! When I was pregnant with my first, I kept bringing up the discussion of how old he should be on his first Disney trip.

Warning: I think we started out at two, then brought it down to one, and ended up taking him on his first trip at 7 1/2 months (and took him to Sea World at 3 1/2 months as a Disney trial run.... but we live only a couple hours away from Orlando).

And congratulations!!!! I'm due in August too with my second (boy).

Also due in August. We had a trip booked but won’t be taking it for this May. So, we are planning to use the airline credits next year and take advantage of the baby being free. So. Not crazy. :)

Our daughter is 6 months old and we are going for her first trip in a couple weeks we postponed our yearly trip so I wouldn't be 8 months pregnant. It's never too early haha

When we were pregnant we talked about waiting to take our son when he was 4 or 5. We ended up deciding on a mini trip when he turned 2 and it turned into a full blow trip. Best decision ever, we had a blast.

My husband and I went to Disney several times before having kids (including a short trip when I was pregnant). We didn’t have a particular timeline in mind, but ended up taking him when he was 18 months old and are going back in October, the week before he turns 3. He absolutely loved his first Disney trip and I’m glad we took him!

ME! I booked the trip before my son was born. His 1st Birthday ended up being the day we checked out, so I extended our trip by one day so we could spend his first Birthday there :-) My daughter will be almost 5 on this trip.

We took our oldest right before she turned 6 months (though technically that was her second trip- her first trip was in utero). Poor second child didn’t go until she was 2 1/2. :rotfl2:

I am due August of this year with a baby GIRL!:daisy:

Is it totally ridiculous that we are already talking about, and planning, her first trip in October of 2020 when she will be two!?

Anyone else plan trips before the child is even born!? :P

Yes. I had my trip planned and booked, on my reservation I had it listed as "baby girl" and our last name. The reservation agent just had me change it recently, as I totally forgot.

I had my boy in November and had a trip booked for my birthday in February. We cancelled because I was nervous about the flu but wound up going 2 weeks later. :laughing: He was totally fine and loved looking at everything.

We are going in May for DH's birthday and DS will be 6 months then. Excited to go again!

I had my boy in November and had a trip booked for my birthday in February. We cancelled because I was nervous about the flu but wound up going 2 weeks later. :laughing: He was totally fine and loved looking at everything.

We are going in May for DH's birthday and DS will be 6 months then. Excited to go again!

Can you either tell me here or PM me about your experience?! We are taking DS in May when he will be 4 months. I’m not sure what to expect! Or just some tips on things that worked well or for sure stuff you wish you would have avoided!

Can you either tell me here or PM me about your experience?! We are taking DS in May when he will be 4 months. I’m not sure what to expect! Or just some tips on things that worked well or for sure stuff you wish you would have avoided!
Sure! First off, I should warn you - were semi local and get to Disney via car pretty regularly so we are usually totally okay with skipping things, going slow, etc. Further, it's just DH, DS, and I so I'm sure some of this will be different if you have multiple kids!
-We brought our own pack n play and sheets... the hotels supply them on property but don't have the bassinet/elevated portion which our little guy was sleeping on.
-Not sure if you're doing formula or breast feeding but we found that having a day's worth of bottles was essential so we didn't have to worry about washing bottles during the day. I think we brought 6 bottles plus the container of formula and also got one of the travel containers for formula. It was pretty easy. What wasn't fun was washing his bottles in the bathroom sink, lol. But, we brought his bottle brush and it was all okay.
-If you can, bring more diapers/pacifiers/food, etc than you think you'll need! That applies to clothes for him and you, too.
-For May, he'll definitely need a hat and a stroller fan!
-If you babywear, bring your carrier. DS does NOT like being in the stroller. He wants to be up and out and looking around. We used our Cortina stoller all of 1 time and I wore him in our Lillebaby Airflow the rest of the time - it was fantastic! I won't bring stroller again until he's significant;y older.
-Take breaks and just go slow. Make your FPs but be prepared to need to follow your little guy's schedule. We had so much fun but when I tried too hard to make things happen, sometimes it didn't go smoothly and I would get upset.
-We didn't utilize any of the in-park baby centers but definitely know where they are before you go. We took the monorail to the Contemporary and had a blast just hanging out on one of the quiet floors with couches. We fed DS there and it was just a nice break from the heat/sun/loudness of the parks.
-Know what he can and can't ride before hand. Make sure you know the ins and outs of baby swapping if you plan to do it!
-We brought a handful of toys so DS could play in the room - if you are driving or have ability to send a box of stuff ahead of time, definitely pack some toys.
-We didn't do ANY table service meals. Only quick serve. It was just easier.
-If your DS needs white noise, download an app on your phone instead of bringing machine!
-This is a good age for characters... they aren't afraid yet :laughing:
-Find the shade and quiet spots to take breaks.
-Let the bellhop move your luggage/gear in and out. We never normally do this but it's so essential with a baby.
-Get a First Visit button for your stroller/carrier.

Honestly, it was easier than we anticipated. Really, the biggest thing is to follow his lead and be over prepared. :laughing:

If you think of any questions, let me know! I'm happy to help however I can. You'll have a great trip! We will be there in May, too!

Yes!! I was pregnant during our last Disney trip and shortly after we had our princess I started a Disney vacation savings account! We leave this November for our daughters first trip, she’ll be 2.5yo.

I started planning our trip while I was pregnant with our 2nd baby for a trip that took place when he was 2.5 yr old! It was a great way to focus all of that crazy pregnancy need to plan and prepare. I was even checking out the CDC average height charts to see if he would be likely to be tall enough for 7DMT.

We planned our upcoming April trip while I was pregnant with our baby girl. She will be 7 months. We have been going two or three times every year since my son was 2. He is now ten. I'm a little worried about the pace we'll be forced to slow down to with DD this year, but I guess we'll see how it goes!

I'm not married or pregnant but I am planning for my baby's first trip too!

I did! My daughter is now 5 however, back when I was pregnant my sister was also pregnant (we were due less than 2 weeks apart). She mentioned to me one day about maybe having a big family trip before our girls turned 3. Well that's all I needed! So that trip was almost 3 years in the planning!

I am due August of this year with a baby GIRL!:daisy:

Is it totally ridiculous that we are already talking about, and planning, her first trip in October of 2020 when she will be two!?

Anyone else plan trips before the child is even born!? :P

We didn't plan the trip before they were born but our first trip was for our twins' 2nd bday and it was an AMAZING trip, they had so much fun (and so did we).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter