"Babysitters" or extra help?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
I'll be taking the kids to visit my mom in the Orlando area in July and will be taking the kids to Disney for 2 days at the end of my trip (dh is staying home and saving his days for our Big Disney trip in Dec.---plus, my dh + FL July heat = a no fun trip for anyone). Anyhoo, it'll be me, dd 5, and ds, a very new 2. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about doing Disney alone with them. We'll try it the first day but I don't want to be so nervous and stressed that we don't have a good time. SO I was thinking of getting someone from Fairy Godmothers or Kids Night Out or someplace to just hang around with us for a few hours---then I might actually get to BE in a picture from time to time instead of taking them all lol, or maybe letting dd ride Barnstormer with me while the other person watches ds at a play area or something.<if that'd be safe> Do these services provide general help like this or do they just do babysiting in the resorts?

Thanks!!

Rachel

They will provide that service but you need to pay for their admission into the parks on top of their hourly rate. I wanted to do it because I will be on my own for 3 days with DSs 5 & 2 while my DH is at a conference. And I thought it would be nice to have an extra set of hands for a couple or hours every day. I just don't understand why they don't have babysitters that have Annual Passes for this reason. At 16.50 an hour I just don't think another $70 to get into the parks is an option. I may just do it one day to be able to go to a character breakfast with the boys then go back to the pool or DTD.

Does your mom know anyone who babysits? Perhaps a family that happens to have an annual pass with some older girls? If you can't find sitters with AP's you can certainly find sitters that won't charge as much as the Disney sanctioned ones! It's not like they will be ALONE with the kids, they'll be with you.

I'd ask your mom to start asking around. There has got to be a way for you to have some help without having to lose your life savings in the process!!! I'll bet you could find someone!

Good luck!!!:thumbsup2

I hadn't thought about the park tix!:sad2: My mom just moved to the area a few weeks ago but maybe by the time of our trip she'll know someone. For now, I made ADRs at TS restaurants so at least I won't have to worry about trays or buffets. And I'll just have to carry around a lot of snacks lol. I'll just do a lot of yoga before heading out to the parks!

Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter