"babysitting" question from a newbie

laurafaith

Mouseketeer
hi we are planning a trip in dec and our son will be 4 on dec 19th -- i don't understand all the different types of babysitting services? i noticed that at the "deluxe" resorts they have babysitting -- is that free?? and what if u stay at a value resort what type of babysitting is available. im sure my hubby and i could use a view hours on our own!!
thanks in advance

This is so cute! We are going to be at the World at the same time! And, my son will also be turning 9 on the 19 of December!!!!! Based on my passporter on pg.252. Many of the Disney deluxe resort offer childcare programs, and I believe some of the Moderate. Some of the prices are $10 per hour and And the only requirement is that the child has to be potty trained. I have also noticed that the hours are only in the evening. I believe some also cover supper for them too. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, they have one on site, I beleive they could probably work with you if you are a resort guest. I advice is to double check with them directly first.

Allearsnet has a childcare FAQ that will answer most, if not all, of your questions, about the on site childcare facilities. CLICK HERE Four is the minimum age, btw. You don't have to be staying at the resort the facility is at to take advantage of it, but I'm not sure if there are restrictions for non-disney guests.

Fairy Godmothers, Kids Night Out & All About Kids are three babysitting services for parents who have younger kids, or don't want to use Disney's kids clubs. They are also listed on the FAQ linked above.

hth!

There are not restrictions for guests staying off property. My parents own a townhouse (rental property) in Orlando, so we usually will stay on property once a year and at the townhouse any other times.

Booking is a first come, first serve basis, thru 1800-wdw dine.
My DS loves the neverland club at the poly!!

hi all thanks so much for your help -- greatly appreciated -- the clubs sound great -- but we will be going on our trip 2 weeks before my sons 4th b-day -- can we fib and say he is 4 -- how do they check the ages??
thanks again

laurafaith

I believe the 4 year old age limit is for state licensing purposes.

Honestly, I would not flub it...but that is just my opinion. I was concerned w/my DS going the day after he turned 4 that he would say he was 3...so I brought his birth cert just in case.

thanks -- its just sooo fustrating because i know my son would loveeee the clubs and he will be 4 like 2 weeks after our trip -- oh well -- thanks for the help!!
laura

the same thing happened w/my son on disney cruise line. He was 2.5 and almost potty trained. If he had been completely potty trained...they may have given him a chance.

On the plus side, the counselers in flounders brought him over the the club to play on the pirate ship!! They were soooo good w/him. I think he may have been one of the oldest kids in there.

This year...I can't wait to see his expression going in there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter