BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

lol.....oh I can imagine giving him a scare like that.....and I`m sure he still loves returning the compliment...….:rotfl:

Oh I know it sounds daft, but I adored that library. And it was a time when you could go to places on your own without parental supervision, the library allowed that back then.........so I could just walk there from quite a young age, maybe around 6 or 7 and peruse the books. The chief librarian was my mum`s friend, and still is actually......so she looked out for me. I can`t imagine now letting a child as young walk across main roads (with crossings) and traffic, although I suppose the early 70`s in a small town here wouldn't have had as much traffic as now. But, I have so many lovely memories of it. I wasn't quite Matilda......lol.....but not far from it......it`s a shame we have to lose such beautiful buildings.
Ok, Davy is going to LOVE this Matilda reference. :)

Not too many pictures in this post.

We went straight up to our room and both got showered and changed...….we felt incredibly grubby with the heat today I have to say and our faces looked a little red with the heat :blush:...….but after a shower and a cool drink of Snapple we headed back down to head out for the car.

We headed towards Celebration using Palm Parkway and headed down that way. This whole area really does need a revamp.

But, as we get closer to Celebration the sky dramatically changes...….and almost instantaneously too...…..this was what we were driving into...…..and the breeze was increasing by the second.....so we knew there was a weather front heading in and aiming for us it would seem.

i-H75CDvD-XL.jpg

It doesn't take long to get to Celebration, it is a lovely little place to visit and somewhere you can spend a couple of hours pleasantly doing not really very much. But today we certainly won`t be hanging around going by the look of the weather.

We usually park in Front Street. There are loads of spaces and right beside where you want to be. Today, there was going to be an event on and parking was being seriously impacted everywhere. You could park where we usually park, but you had to be gone by about 30 minutes after we saw the signs, we knew we wouldn't be done with lunch by then. Anyone parking would be towed away and that's a whole hassle you don't need. So, we drove around the centre of the town and parked street side on the other side of the town. We did check with a lady who assured us yes, it was fine to park there. We are never sure if you can park for free in most places as in the UK if you can park you are usually going to be paying....this was quite a novelty for us...….

We walked the short distance and went in to Celebration Town Tavern and found it was a lot busier than last time......outside at least...….inside was fairly quiet, although did get progressively busier after we went in.

This is a nice restaurant. We had eaten here last visit, and really enjoyed it, it has a very traditional feel about it........and I secretly craved the shrimp dish Tom had last time...…..as soon as I saw it, I thought......I wish I`d ordered that....but didn't tell him as he would have insisted we swap...….he`s nice like that!!!

We got seated and the guy who was taking care of us was lovely...….Tom ordered a lemonade, and I ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri...….kind of in honour of Kyle who loves a strawberry daiquiri, except his are non alcoholic as he doesn't drink. Don't know where he got that from!!!! Mine did have alcohol in it.....and it was delicious...….I like when you have a cocktail and it doesn't just taste of fruit juice...…..

i-6dL9d5v-XL.jpg

We like this menu...….loads of seafood options of course and several other items that will suit most people, even the fussy ones. And everything we saw go past us looked nicer than the last dish!! So, eventually we decided on sharing clam chowder again...…..Tom really loves this dish, and it was nice, but I find soups and chowders too filling so I never order them. But, it wasn't a huge portion...…….there were loads of clams and a nice amount of potato, and so creamy...….but a few tablespoons was enough for me...…

i-phQLBMV-XL.jpg

i-zrWPztQ-XL.jpg

i-Fv35zwN-XL.jpg

I indeed did order the crab stuffed shrimp which came with coleslaw and the most delicious and ornately shaped French fries...….and Tom rather strangely decided on Pilgrims Pride, which was a wrap filled with Turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing. We both adore turkey so I was sure we`d share a little of each others.

And when the food did arrive, it looked lovely. Those fries are some of the nicest we have ever tasted......very light and fresh and not greasy in the slightest. I thought they were potato chips first time I saw them...…..

i-WKb3JF4-XL.jpg

i-gnjCk8R-XL.jpg

I have to say it was nice. However the stuffing, was the fake kind and tasted awful. So he picked around that, but the turkey was delicious and very buttery tasting.

My shrimp were so tasty. And they were huge...….and as before everything was lovely, and the service here is really good.

We paid the check and headed out to where the rain had indeed started and it was blowing a gale, so Tom told me to stand and he would go and get the car to save me getting soaked. I could have gone as it really wasn't far, and it wasn't to heavy right now. But, we certainly wouldn't be wandering around the lake today which was a shame as it is so lovely, usually. We never actually found out the reason for the road closure and no parking today.

We headed back and drove to Target and Total Wine for a few bits...….we managed to pass an hour or so with both, but now the rain was really on and there was indeed thunder and lightning. As we came out of Total Wine there was a massive rumble of thunder and I quite honestly jumped a foot in the air......it was incredibly loud, of course Tom found it funny...….as did the guy behind me who must have thought......tourists!!!

The rain was awful, and the roads back to the hotel particularly around Mall at Millenia area were dreadful. Roads were flooded and driving was extremely difficult. Of course locals may get used to this, but we aren't. The lighting was quite alarming too.

We were glad to get back safely home and got the car parked almost beside the garage entrance as the place was fairly quiet.

We brought our purchases out and headed down to the main entrance of the hotel...….we were glad to be back.

Up to the room we put our purchases in the fridge and suitcases where appropriate...…….and then looked outside......this rain wasn't stopping anytime soon, so we did what we do best...…..poured ourselves a glass of wine each and had a chill time. We knew we wouldn't be taking the car anywhere tonight, so Tom was happy to take a glass now. We must have put the tv on and watched some movie or other to pass some time. It was nice just having some time to do nothing except look out the window at this still lovely view despite the rain and relax.

We then Skyped Kyle :hug:...…..we sent a message to say we were in room, and 5 minutes later he called us...…...he was doing great and again had a load of stories to tell us since we last spoke. It was lovely being able to talk to him like this so often. We had to work around the time difference and his work hours, but it was fine. We must have spoke for 45 minutes when he reminded us it was bedtime for him...….oops!!! Forgot....so we said our goodbyes and after we put ipad off we began to think of what would be our dinner plans for tonight.

We booked The Palm online...…..then, I had a think and decided I might not be hungry enough to eat there and really tonight, wanted something more casual...….so we cancelled it online again and went to the opposite end of the scale and decided to go to Millers Ale House on Kirkman. It was only a few minutes by the ODC and we knew the menu looked good. We had never actually been to one of them before...…..we had been put off by some people mention giant portions and they were always so loud...…..I shouldn't have listened.

We freshened up and went down to get a car at the front of the hotel. They had to call one as there weren't any handy at the time, but we waited maybe 5 minutes and it was there. Pretty good service. It was still raining although not just as heavy as it had been earlier......and felt pleasant, hot, but pleasant.

A few minutes later we pulled in front of the Ale house...….we paid the driver and headed inside. It was nice. Very much a sports bar rather than a restaurant...….we liked it immediately.

We had to wait a few minutes to get a booth, and the lady was incredibly friendly. This place was much larger than it looked from outside...….they had a whole back area and then the outdoor section...….busy place.

i-j36cDLj-XL.jpg

i-rJMXcCW-XL.jpg

i-PRHfSx4-XL.jpg

We got seated and she brought water straight away and asked what we`d like to drink....we knew this one...…..they actually had the Stags Leap Chardonnay we like, and laughably around half the normal price we pay in other restaurants...…..of course everyone knows the high mark up on wines.....no point in getting annoyed about it, but we did smile at our best bargain for the evening...…..she said she`d bring it over in a second. She was so busy though.

Eventually she appeared and began to unscrew the cork......and half the cork ended up back in the bottle......oops!!! She was a little embarrassed and we said oh don't worry it happens...….so off she went to get another bottle and had someone else open it at our table...….it worked this time...…I guess she hadn't opened many corks.

i-tsKnHJb-XL.jpg

i-wbzbHpn-XL.jpg

We then began to think of food...…..what did we want. I have to say the menu was delicious, and prices were amazing!!! And so much choice....this was indeed a place that had food for everyone...….For the portions that were going out we expected to pay a lot more...…...but we chose to share pan fried potstickers which sounded nice.....and they really were!!! They were so fresh and not too soft which puts me off sometimes, these were done well.

i-brFTRSp-XL.jpg

i-BL6z2KJ-XL.jpg

Tom opted for the half rack of ribs with regular fries and I chose the filet mignon which was fairly small, maybe a 6oz size....with sweet potato fries and added a side of Boom Boom Shrimp just because they sounded nice......I asked for my steak medium rare and checked they served medium rare as a warm red centre, she assured me it would be served like that...…..:thumbsup2

i-Gn2FZX4-XL.jpg

i-Bg63ppm-XL.jpg

It really was delicious!!! Must have been the complete bargain meal of the trip...……..Tom loved his ribs and the sauce was one of the nicest ones he had tried...….my steak was indeed served as I asked, and the shrimp was a little spicy......but, as always for me...….not quite spicy enough......but, very tasty.

We had been so surprised by this place......it was nothing like we expected at all. No loutish behavior and food was good. Definitely a place to spend a really good evening either as a couple of with a group of friends. We wanted to come back her again on another trip. We sat for a while and just chatted, there was no rush for us to leave although the place was still busy.

We paid the check and tried to call the ODC to come back for us, but he said it would be ages as they were busy, so the lady very kindly called us a cab and it was there in a few minutes. And we were back in Sapphire a few minutes later...….especially as he seemed to be in a rush!!!! Little like the death cab again we had experienced once or twice...…..and it was still raining, slightly.

Sapphire is so lovely...….at night it has a warm feeling we really liked. I loved their lobby area...…..think Tom was playing with the filters or colours or something in the next pic...…..

i-3ScTHPp-XL.jpg

i-brTrjjD-XL.jpg

We headed into StrongWater Bar as it wasn't too late, maybe around 10pm......we weren't ready for bed yet...…..found ourselves a table and had a read of the cocktail menu we knew so well...….I think at this point we had tasted them all :laughing:

So, Tom opted for a rum he knew he hadn't tried yet......he was going to have a rum flight again as he had enjoyed the ones he had previously, but instead chose a Plantation Stiggins and I opted for the lovely Fountain of Youth...…..this was becoming a favourite drink this trip...…..

These drinks are lovely...….and sitting here we were again so relaxed and enjoying some time where we had no place to go and were in no rush to get there. Storngwater is a very relaxing place to be, and you are always made to feel so welcome. And of course food and drinks are amazing ::yes::

i-zn2Qhmv-XL.jpg

i-s3BrVpw-XL.jpg

We ordered the same again as we had got chatting to another couple and time just disappeared......like our drinks!!! So, same again and this would be our last tonight...…..

We finally left around midnight, and we had enjoyed such a lovely evening...….I don't think we had a bad moment here...….

We got up to our room and I have to say we flagged almost immediately, no tv tonight for us and we don't remember even saying goodnight to each other.....that's when you know you are tired!!!

I love the Christmas stores at Universal. Always go through them no matter the season.

Yep!!! That store is a real weakness of mine...….cannot resist....even if it is the middle of summer......::yes::

Ok, Davy is going to LOVE this Matilda reference. :)

Really!!! Oh I`m glad to hear it...….:D

I loved that book too...…..I think if I could have had a little trolley like she did, I would have...…..but we were only allowed to take 2 books out back then......I think now you can take as many out as you like.....

I know my mum in the winter goes through library books like you wouldn't believe...….and I`m sure she takes out loads at a time......

Wow- those skies look so threatening on your way to Celebration! Funny how the weather in Orlando can change so fast!

Hears so many good things about Celebration Town Tavern! Great meals!

I love the Ale House! We usually go to the one on Apopka Vineland Rd. it amazes me how many people it holds!! We have never had to wait for a table even when they are extremely crowded! Those shrimp look great ! We usually get the chicken zingers, but I'd love shrimp!

Your trips almost over- but you're going back soon!!

Really!!! Oh I`m glad to hear it...….:D

I loved that book too...…..I think if I could have had a little trolley like she did, I would have...…..but we were only allowed to take 2 books out back then......I think now you can take as many out as you like.....

I know my mum in the winter goes through library books like you wouldn't believe...….and I`m sure she takes out loads at a time......
Davy has read EVERY Roald Dahl book -- even the rare ones. And, we saw Matilda on Broadway 4 years ago when we were in NYC! :) I, too, used to get library books all the time -- my favorite place!!! Mine was a pretty cool old building (it's still there!) but yours just sounds so lovely!

Wow- those skies look so threatening on your way to Celebration! Funny how the weather in Orlando can change so fast!

Hears so many good things about Celebration Town Tavern! Great meals!

I love the Ale House! We usually go to the one on Apopka Vineland Rd. it amazes me how many people it holds!! We have never had to wait for a table even when they are extremely crowded! Those shrimp look great ! We usually get the chicken zingers, but I'd love shrimp!

Your trips almost over- but you're going back soon!!

It really is a nice place to eat, and yes, gets many good reviews.

They certainly are busy places......I did wonder if it would be too "touristy" but this one was all locals which we like, ironic I know. I like chicken zingers!

Got a few days to go......but yes, looking forward to being back soon!!!!

Davy has read EVERY Roald Dahl book -- even the rare ones. And, we saw Matilda on Broadway 4 years ago when we were in NYC! :) I, too, used to get library books all the time -- my favorite place!!! Mine was a pretty cool old building (it's still there!) but yours just sounds so lovely!

I haven't been in a library for years.....did work in one years ago, but then went to work for my friend in her business as their Practice Manager, but I did like it.....for the short time, very short time I was there......lol...….but the ones in bigger towns near us are all housed in modern buildings and some feel very office feeling...…..and no old fashioned wood polish smell today...….:sad2:

I read one adult RD book years ago. It was rather strange.

Matilda seems to be an amazing show to see as well.

Thanks for the info on some towns south of Orlando, I am going to get serious about looking in the next 5 years!
I love your info about Celebration! The food there looked wonderful as did your food at the Ale house, I am glad you tried it and didn’t listen to all the critics out there!

As usual your pictures documenting your trip are fabulous!

Thanks for the info on some towns south of Orlando, I am going to get serious about looking in the next 5 years!
I love your info about Celebration! The food there looked wonderful as did your food at the Ale house, I am glad you tried it and didn’t listen to all the critics out there!

As usual your pictures documenting your trip are fabulous!

How lovely...….that`ll be a fun search as there are so many gorgeous places to choose from!!! You`ll be spoilt for choice!!! Although it`s a good dilemma to have...….

Thanks...….I`m so glad you are enjoying reading along!! And yes, I don't normally listen to the general consensus and usually make my own mind up, but we did. Definitely glad we went though. Fun place...….

I am just now catching up with your report (silly work getting in the way). I wanted to thank you for the lovely photos of Saint Augustine. It is almost 1 year since my mom passed and she loved the trip that we took there. She always talked about it. Seeing the photos reminded me of her and that trip. :)

I am just now catching up with your report (silly work getting in the way). I wanted to thank you for the lovely photos of Saint Augustine. It is almost 1 year since my mom passed and she loved the trip that we took there. She always talked about it. Seeing the photos reminded me of her and that trip. :)

Oh jeanelle, I am so sorry you lost your mum :hug: That must be so hard to deal with.

I’m glad you have such lovely memories of her, including when you visited St Augustine. It really is a special place.

It does make me happy you enjoyed seeing them though. Pictures can really evoke so many strong memories. But, I’m so glad these are happy memories for you.

I hope you enjoy the rest of it, and hope work doesn’t interfere too much ::yes::.......:wave2:

FRIDAY MAY 18TH...…………

Cannot actually believe it`s Friday already. Although we hadn't seemed to be doing that much, it was certainly going past, but didn't feel that way at the time.

We were in no rush to get going this morning at all. The sun was shining brightly and we had decided to go to Mount Dora, one of our favourite little places to visit when we are here...…..it`s very old town America...….very traditional little stores and restaurants, and a very friendly feel about the whole town.

We first today had to go over to RP as this would be the last time we would see a couple of friends, although we ended up seeing one again by fluke.....but we wanted to see them before we left.

Tom was in picture overdrive this morning as he had found a new setting on the camera...…...so I was ready far earlier than he was this morning......well, he was ready, he was just taking loads of pictures...…….and when he saw me waiting he took one of me too!!! I was tickled by his new found fascination with this new camera...……

i-sbQMRB6-XL.jpg

This morning as we were going to Mount Dora after we visited RP, we planned to just get a pastry and coffee from the Dutch Trading Co downstairs......I was quite sure we would have a nice lunch somewhere, so didn't feel like a large breakfast today. At this point I had wished we had some Voodoo donuts to enjoy with coffee...….we had so enjoyed them.

So, camera put away for now we left the room as our housekeeper was coming in.....she was always so bright and early. And lovely too. We got in the elevator and were downstairs in seconds. As we went towards the Dutch Trading pace we saw a whole load of guys who were obviously managers and such, and then I spotted Larry Beiderman. He is the overall general manager for Loews in Orlando. We had been talking to our friend last year in StrongWater and mentioned we had never met Larry Beiderman, despite exchanging many emails over the years after our stays. So, when we were checking out last year he arranged for Larry to come and meet us. We were thrilled beyond belief to finally meet the man himself. And he is genuinely lovely. We had enjoyed a lovely conversation with him and it certainly made leaving a little easier as were genuinely delighted he had come down to meet us.

So, we saw him and went over to say Hi...….I think at first he had no clue who we were......bless him, he meets so many people we weren't surprised, but as soon as we spoke he knew who we were......it was so lovely to see him and he was pleased we were so happy at Sapphire as he knew we were usually at RP for our stays. We spoke some more about several other things and then the other guys looked like they wanted to move on, so we bid him farewell and then went to get our breakfast.

Dutch Trading has a few breakfast options...….some sandwiches and the shelves have cereals and stuff too. They do have a smaller selection of pastries and muffins and of course the coffee was nice too. We both got a vanilla pastry and a coffee each and we managed to get a seat to eat them. They don't have many seats, but you can go sit in the main lobby area as there are loads of chairs and some tables too. There was always someone doing this most mornings.

Pastries were nice. Coffee was lovely. We cleared our empty cups and bag and headed off the short walk to RP. It was a lovely way to get from one hotel to another...…..and always amazes us the sheer size of the convention and ballroom areas.

We go to front desk and see who we are there to see, we pop quickly up to Club Lounge to see the other. We also see one of the relatively new Club Supervisors, she is so lovely and recognizes us straight away. It was so nice to see her too.

We head back and walk to the car and head off for the drive to Mount Dora. The car is so cool being undercover, unlike the open air RP parking lot where it`s like a furnace when you open the doors. We don't need satnav to get here as we know the road well, and we set off. It takes around 45 minutes to an hour to get there usually depending on traffic.

It feels so familiar now. We`ve been a good few times so you recognize several landmarks along the way...…..including this one...…….this old Pan Am plane was a Convair 240 and it has cost the not-for-profit museum foundation about $60,000 to buy, disassemble, transport and reassemble to be displayed by the 441 road. It will never take flight again but stands as a relic of the past when flights were very different.

It was found in Daytona Beach area in 2007 and bought by LeRoy Brown a former pilot and crop duster too.

Strangely despite being adorned by the Pan Am tail sign it never actually operated for Pan Am`s fleet. It carried passengers for American Airlines for 10 years from 1949, then for Mohawk Airlines. It does open occasionally for tours but rarely. Brown sounds like a unique man with a definite love of Aviation. It just seems a strange thing to see.

i-m3HnGQn-XL.jpg

It is a pretty drive to Mount Dora through some very pretty countryside...…..and when we begin to head into the town I come out with my favourite saying...….I could live here :D But, I really could.

We get parked in one of the many car parks.....and much to our general amazement they are free. Not common at all in the UK for parking to be free, especially in towns where space is usually a premium.

We head into the centre of the town and have a quick walk through and admire some of the stores.....we will have a proper look after we`ve had lunch...…

i-vn6Ngrp-XL.jpg

i-gWhBX2L-XL.jpg

I loved this old tree. We were taking some pictures when an elderly gentleman with a walking cane approached us and asked if we knew the story behind it being there......he was lovely, so we said no, we had no idea...….he began to tell us a tale of a woman so besotted with a man who was marrying someone else and heartbroken she had killed herself under it so he would be the first to see her body in the morning......he told the story with such meaning behind it I thought I was going to cry......then he almost straightened himself up and smiled with a wink and said, of course wouldn't it be nice if it were true.....lol......he was a character and was obviously full of fun as he had a real twinkle in his eye...….we laughed, but in my mind I had visualized the whole thing!!!! Must confess to being a tad disappointed...….he maybe saw my disappointment and explained he adored the tree as it had been there forever, he had proposed to his wife under it and it just felt special to him...….he was a nice man and we chatted some more, and he was so glad we were visiting his beloved town. He claimed he had never left it except during war time. We said our goodbyes and we left him heading in the opposite direction.

i-TTHFKwZ-XL.jpg

Of course I love this house...….it`s purple!!!! And what a view...….although I was a little disappointed to discover on a previous visit, it`s apartments and not one big home. But, it has an enviable position on the lake with gorgeous views...….not too shabby!!

i-F37dBbX-XL.jpg

i-MwXH9v7-XL.jpg

We were heading down to have a look at the water...….I`m very nervous in places like this as it`s a little too close to nature for me...…..but it was so pretty and unbelievably quiet!!! Under the shade was the man who ran the tour boat......he was lovely and enthused about the town and all it`s inhabitants. Yes, even the alligators.

i-bzj5Pqm-XL.jpg

There wasn't a thing about this lake that he didn't know. And I was surprised how shallow it was, 10-12 feet at it`s deepest...….I told him I had never seen an alligator for real, and he was surprised...….he took us over to the other side of the pontoon and pointed over to an area that has lots of reeds and a bit of shade...…..he said there would be a load......yes, he said a load of them over there...….he said they were cooling themselves down a little...…..at that we saw one`s tail move ever so slightly...…..jeez I jumped!!! He laughed and said they probably wouldn't bother you if you were in the water......I doubted that a lot!!!! He claimed usually humans weren't their target, unless you interrupted two males fighting or during mating season. I wouldn't be hanging around to find out. He seemed so fond of them, and had even named a few that hung around his boat most morning......yeah, they'll be looking for breakfast!!!!

i-kRhC9nm-XL.jpg

We wandered down a little, Tom made me very nervous by walking the length of this......I had a mini panic attack at this point imagining all those alligators climbing up to get him!!!! He laughed but came back...….the guy thought it funny I had such a terror of them...….he told us it was a little creepy at night when he shone torches over the seemingly still water and you then saw hundreds of alligator eyes looking back at you!!!! And then he told us people did swim in the water...…...what!!!!! Were they crazy??? And at that we saw someone in the distance walking incredibly close to the waters edge...….I almost passed out at this point!!!

i-rnKrZ2t-XL.jpg

As I was heading alarmingly quickly away from this death pontoon he called us back and said come and look at this......rather reluctantly I did...….he explained they were some kind of snakes and they were enjoying the sun too...…..oh my!!!! I was off like a flash while Tom enthusiastically took some images of these horrible reptiles!!! They were just laying along the top of water...…..creepy!!!! He told Tom you`d get more damage done by the turtles in the water. He said they`d take a hugs chunk out of your leg easily...…..he wasn't selling lakeside life for me much at all...…..

i-xRd7pZf-XL.jpg

By this time I was back up on solid ground...…..reptiles of any kind freak me out a little...….but Tom was having a good old chat with this guy......meanwhile I had my eye on where we would be having lunch.

Eventually Tom wandered back up and exclaimed he could have talked all day to this guy...….hmmm.....bit too close for comfort for me...…...but, now we were hungry and this place called Pisces Rising was somewhere that a few people had recommended we try over the years. It did look lovely, although right now I would have settled for anything!!!

i-2ZZ8wwx-XL.jpg

We went in and it wasn't busy at all...….it overlooks the lake Dora and it was beautiful inside.

We were shown to a table and told Michael would be with us shortly...…...oh this was nice!!!

i-Xw3FvW7-XL.jpg

i-5rFzpwM-XL.jpg

Michael did indeed make an appearance, and was almost like a waiter from a very upscale restaurant, very professional and he seemed like the kind of guy you would want working for you...….Tom as he was driving ordered a lemonade and me being me, ordered a rum cocktail...….I think it was called a Tropicalia…….

i-CrLmLQ4-XL.jpg

i-XPcprRB-XL.jpg

It was lovely!!!! Just the one though...…...Tom enjoyed his lemonade....we had been looking through the menu while we talked, and it wasn't a huge menu and as expected predominantly seafood. So many choices though. We went back and forward as to what we wanted, as we planned a proper meal out tonight, but eventually Tom chose the Cubana Mix sandwich minus the truffle straws........and I went for the Key Largo which was the fish of the day sandwich. I forget the name of the fish, but he described it as meaty and sweet......sounded good to me.

We sat for a while enjoying the views out of the window, it was hot today, but lovely and cool inside and our waiter checked on us a couple of times and was very personable while we waited on lunch.

It was lovely......and ideally not huge...….although there was a fair amount of fish inside the bun...…..I didn't eat the top part of that nor much of the bottom and I was full.

i-JCvKmWm-XL.jpg

Tom`s Cubano had pork belly, ham, salami, pickles, mustard-pickle sauce, swiss cheese and all on lightly toasted cuban bread...…..we like to share and of course he cut me a piece off...…..but what was missing form the description was it had a garlic sauce in there. I don't eat garlic and haven't for years, so the taste was dreadful after avoiding it for so long...…..oh dear......Tom loved it though…..poor thing, because I`m allergic to garlic and onions, or should I say I`m intolerant to the fresh product, he never gets them anymore...…..so he ate this with relish!!!!!

i-Vdk9Dp3-XL.jpg

This had been lovely. We were suitably full and not to full which is never good. We are sometimes guilty of eating too much at lunch :blush:......we are easily tempted...….and then don't feel like a full meal at night, so this had been perfect. We paid the check and went outside to have a look at the outside area and view.

The train track you can see used to run the Orange Blossom Cannonball train. This was quite the sight to see. It was an impressive 1907 wood fired locomotive...…..used in many famous movies like True Grit, Appaloosa, 3:10 to Yuma, and O Brother, Where Art Thou? It`s a shame when these historic pieces are gone from public life. It used to run from Mount Dora to Tavares and back, another lovely little place. This finally closed down last year.

i-ck5DXnZ-XL.jpg

We head back into our favourite little town and our favourite little wine store here.....but, we didn't go in today. We had plenty of wine in our fridge, so doubt we`d be able to finish any more...…..

i-9wq2Bx7-XL.jpg

The town is just full of quaintness. Twee stores and friendly store keepers certainly made you reminisce for a time that may or may not have disappeared......my mother talks of store keepers who were all local and knew everyone and always had a smile on their face. This place personified this type of memory.

i-cKB95zW-XL.jpg

i-MchXLvj-XL.jpg

I`m such a child at times, but I adore bubbles...….they always make me smile...….and to see them billowing from this little store was just cute.

i-27VzhMB-XL.jpg

We popped in and out of many little stores, but, then discovered our newest favourite store. Mount Dora Olive Oil Company.

This store is a treasure. Although I love olives, I actually don't like olive oil.....until today.

They have an assortment of plain and flavoured olive oil and you can sample them all if you wish...….this store was immaculately clean, and sparkling in places...….

I tried a sample of chipotle olive oil and the first thing that hit me was the aroma......I have never had any olive oil smell so aromatic and fresh with so much fruit punching out at you...….you pop a little in the sample cup, or you can dip some freshly cut bread in...….I chose to sip. And it was lush!!!!! Oh my goodness this was exquisite...…..I had been converted and knew we would be taking some of this home with us...……

We wandered around and sampled many flavoured balsamic vinegars...….this was another revelation. I had no idea there were so many flavor combinations......again, we tried many which ranged form both white and dark balsamics. I found I preferred the white ones....the dark ones were incredibly syrupy and too heavy.

We could have bought loads. But we had rums and some other stuff to bring back, so we had to think of luggage space for once...…..however we eventually bought a large Chipotle olive oil and the balsamics we chose were Golden Pineapple, Honey Ginger and Pomegranate Quince White Balsamic Vinegar.

It was a hard choice as most were delicious...….surprisingly although I love coconut, I wasn't keen on that one. But, we will definitely go back to that store again...…..

The man was lovely who worked there...….very friendly and incredibly helpful and gave them all some extra wrapping as we told him we would be packing them in our suitcases. Nice of him.

i-8d3p4xK-XL.jpg

i-DSVSSRt-XL.jpg

I have to say we should have bought double of what we did...…..we have almost finished all of it. And I have told everyone who is heading that way they must go buy some...…..

We then headed off back to the car and made our way homeward.

Loved that you were able to go to the store that sells the oils & vinegars! I went to a store like that that is close to me and we had so much fun sampling! Hard part was deciding what to buy :)

Oh my I love those oil and vinegar stores! Reminds me I need to stock up with garden season coming up!

My son finally appreciated FJ for the ride it is- 3 years ago he was terrified entire time and refused to ride more than once. This trip I think we did it 3 times. And Spider-Man 5 times (boys:sad2:). My husband rushed me through on the first ride of FJ so our 2nd to last ride last night I made him stop in each room so I could listen to the portraits, and Dumbledore, and Hermione and the boys. It adds so much to the story! We had EP so we skipped greenhouse, but I love wandering through the castle! The dragon's fire wasn't working this week though- would rumble and roar but no fire! Hope that gets remedied soon!

We love the Ale houses, although we didn't make it to one this trip. Prices are nice, and we go for the start of happy hour where drink and app prices are very nice. Gets quite a bit busier during that time though.

We were there this week, too, and wondered why we never saw the dragon fire!

We used to have an oil and vinegar store in our town, but it quickly shut down. It's a pity, but I think they were overpriced. I love olive oil and cook with it regularly.

We drove home from Orlando today - boo! The week always goes by so fast. But, we had a wonderful time, and I think I gained 5 pounds! All in all, a wonderful vacation and I hope we can squeeze in a little bonus trip before the summer is over.

Loved that you were able to go to the store that sells the oils & vinegars! I went to a store like that that is close to me and we had so much fun sampling! Hard part was deciding what to buy :)

It was so lovely......and I was surprised at some of the tastes...….delicious!!! They are quite fun...….

Yes, because we had limited space in luggage due to DH liquor purchases :D and they needed bubble wrapped so took up more space......we had to seriously limit what we bought from there...….

Will have to go back in July for a restock...…..::yes::

Oh my I love those oil and vinegar stores! Reminds me I need to stock up with garden season coming up!

My son finally appreciated FJ for the ride it is- 3 years ago he was terrified entire time and refused to ride more than once. This trip I think we did it 3 times. And Spider-Man 5 times (boys:sad2:). My husband rushed me through on the first ride of FJ so our 2nd to last ride last night I made him stop in each room so I could listen to the portraits, and Dumbledore, and Hermione and the boys. It adds so much to the story! We had EP so we skipped greenhouse, but I love wandering through the castle! The dragon's fire wasn't working this week though- would rumble and roar but no fire! Hope that gets remedied soon!

We love the Ale houses, although we didn't make it to one this trip. Prices are nice, and we go for the start of happy hour where drink and app prices are very nice. Gets quite a bit busier during that time though.

We don't really have a place like that close to us, if we head into London there are loads. Even our local deli doesn't stock anything like that selection!!!

I`m so glad he enjoyed FJ!! Yes, we love stopping too and taking everything in......it really does add to the ride and yes, with EP it makes it so much easier as you can re ride at your leisure......it really is something we wouldn't be without!

Shame the dragon wasn't working properly this time, I`m sure that`ll get sorted...…..made me think though, I don't remember seeing it go while we were there in May...….maybe we just missed it.

We`ll definitely go back to that Ale House.....yes, I can see it would be much busier at certain times...….but, we really enjoyed it!!

We were there this week, too, and wondered why we never saw the dragon fire!

We used to have an oil and vinegar store in our town, but it quickly shut down. It's a pity, but I think they were overpriced. I love olive oil and cook with it regularly.

We drove home from Orlando today - boo! The week always goes by so fast. But, we had a wonderful time, and I think I gained 5 pounds! All in all, a wonderful vacation and I hope we can squeeze in a little bonus trip before the summer is over.

You`re home!!!! Would love to hear about your trip......I`m sure it was wonderful and you all had a blast there...….and 5lbs is nothing!!! You`ll get rid of that before you know it......and hope you can get back again before summers end......when are you planning on going?? It`s a very addictive place Orlando.....well, florida really...….:thumbsup2

I always used to say I don't like olive oil very much......but tasting this was beautiful, so I can safely say I`m a fan now. Yes, some can be very expensive and it`s a shame when little select stores like that can`t stay open for long...….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!