MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

All of your posts are so nostalgic, food looks great, rooms, just everything. I don't care if you post older pictures and trips forever, saves me from having to go back and look for something (usually food), when the mood strikes. Saves me from total boredom when I'm not working. The usual highlight of my day is taking Mom for a drive into town (city) and looking at the beautiful gardens and comparing them to mine (I have a brown thumb for sure). I keep buying more plants to kill...I'm a disaster. I do have a few roses doing well, a couple of tomato plants have a few tomatoes so I may do some fried green tomatoes and make some grits, (my Dad was a Southerner) I may get adventurous and do some collard or mustard greens but I much prefer Swiss Chard.
Where I'm from is all about chile, the Chile capitol of the world. Yuck everything has green or red or Christmas....EVERYTHING, even jams and jelly, fudge and ice cream. ENOUGH already.

I did go somewhere last night that just opened, it was just too strange....I'd rather stay home than be watching over my shoulder, seeing reflections on the Plexiglas dividers, it was all just too strange. I'm fairly isolated the kids, niece and grands visit but we self distance outside. Have to watch out for my Mom mostly, due to her age. However I'm almost convinced I had it a few months ago but still being careful. Then I read constantly late in the evening after I work, my computer, Kindle and bookcases are overflowing. Last I looked I have ordered over 90 books on Kindle since the Pandemic. Luckily they are fairly cheap and I can return after I read. So you can see you are a lifesaver keeping some of us connected.

Tom Selleck? Yes please.... :worship:

Last edited:
All of your posts are so nostalgic, food looks great, rooms, just everything. I don't care if you post older pictures and trips forever, saves me from having to go back and look for something (usually food), when the mood strikes. Saves me from total boredom when I'm not working. The usual highlight of my day is taking Mom for a drive into town (city) and looking at the beautiful gardens and comparing them to mine (I have a brown thumb for sure). I keep buying more plants to kill...I'm a disaster. I do have a few roses doing well, a couple of tomato plants have a few tomatoes so I may do some fried green tomatoes and make some grits, (my Dad was a Southerner) I may get adventurous and do some collard or mustard greens but I much prefer Swiss Chard.
Where I'm from is all about chile, the Chile capitol of the world. Yuck everything has green or red or Christmas....EVERYTHING, even jams and jelly, fudge and ice cream. ENOUGH already.

I did go somewhere last night that just opened, it was just too strange....I'd rather stay home than be watching over my shoulder, seeing reflections on the Plexiglas dividers, it was all just too strange. I'm fairly isolated the kids, niece and grands visit but we self distance outside. Have to watch out for my Mom mostly, due to her age. However I'm almost convinced I had it a few months ago but still being careful. Then I read constantly late in the evening after I work, my computer, Kindle and bookcases are overflowing. Last I looked I have ordered over 90 books on Kindle since the Pandemic. Luckily they are fairly cheap and I can return after I read. So you can see you are a lifesaver keeping some of us connected.

Tom Selleck? Yes please.... :worship:

Awwww....thank you Tink!!!!

One lovely thing about a Pre Trip Report is looking forward to all the lovely places we know we`ll see and enjoy again....whenever that might be of course.....lol......

I have to admit, the internet passes a couple of hours of my day too ::yes::

I know better than to try gardening....no green fingers here!!!! We only had one rose bush, and I do love roses particularly white roses, but the plant had died according to the guy who looks after our garden for us.....he cut it out and I asked him if we coud have one to replace it, but apparently it was in the wrong place. I take his word, but I do want more of them. As for growing tomatoes, that`s one thing my dad did well.....he had around 5 different greenhouses and those tomatoes, I remember so clear....they tasted like real tomatoes should do.

But.....chillies!!!! Oh my, I`d be in heaven where you are!! I adore them in everything....and yes, in all sorts of condiments too....love a good hot and spicy jelly to go with meats!!! I have made chilli chocolate ice cream for Tom and he loves it, I like the chilli part, but not the chocolate. BUt, it`s something if you don`t like it, you`ll never like it......

We always have loads of jars of jalapenos in the house at any given time......

I think many of us had it in varying degree, you`re correct. I know when I developed the cough in March, it came with a loss of taste and smell, but no temp. I`m almost convinced I had the same thing in January. But, yes, with your mum being of an age, you do have to be so careful.

And having visitors while being careful is lovely!!! It can be done. Oh doesn`t sound like a nice visit out you had!!! Our restaurants and bars look to be opening on July 4th. But, I`m concerned at what they will look like when they do. I don`t like the sound of sheets of perspex between the tables. It`ll be like a prison!!!!

I love reading too. I did try a Kindle once, but not for me. I stick solely to books. But, I am in that minority again......lol.....

Good to see you Tink........and just for us ladies.........😁

🥰

Not sure if i’m Drooling more over the hothouse tomatoes or mr Selleck

Good to see you Tink........and just for us ladies.........😁
Nice :) he’s said to be very humble and kind, not any sort of usual hollywood prima Donna. A real salt of the earth guy who hands-on runs his own ranch...i could go on but it might get even more awkward lol ::yes::

Not sure if i’m Drooling more over the hothouse tomatoes or mr Selleck

Nice :) he’s said to be very humble and kind, not any sort of usual hollywood prima Donna. A real salt of the earth guy who hands-on runs his own ranch...i could go on but it might get even more awkward lol ::yes::

I‘ll opt for Selleck over a tomato if that’s ok!!!

Good to hear he’s so down to earth. I’m sure I heard that from someone else too. I know nothing about him to be honest. Looks a thoroughly decent guy though......and no.......not awkward at all.....carry on........:rotfl:

So, as of today we still have no definite news on whether this trip will go ahead, or.....it`ll turn into the longest Pre trip report in history and it`ll change to Christmas one for our later trip this year!!!

Same here :rotfl: It's so hard to make plans when things are constantly changing.

Canadians and Brits are in a little bit of limbo right now with coming in to America. I`m sure when the decision is made we`ll have peace with that whatever it is. I have no idea when America will make the decision on letting us foreigners back into the country, just hope it`s soon. Closer to home I can`t even travel up to see my family in Scotland yet!!!

I really hope you get to come over! We're in a weird situation too where people from our area are supposed to quarantine before going to FL. I think that order expires soon (no one seems sure), but then our governor has been talking about one for people coming back in from FL. So far planning to go to HHN as long as it goes on, but things still don't seem 100% sure yet :faint:

Same here :rotfl: It's so hard to make plans when things are constantly changing.

I really hope you get to come over! We're in a weird situation too where people from our area are supposed to quarantine before going to FL. I think that order expires soon (no one seems sure), but then our governor has been talking about one for people coming back in from FL. So far planning to go to HHN as long as it goes on, but things still don't seem 100% sure yet :faint:

I think this is the year of planning going out the window......lol.....what`s that saying about life is what happens when you make plans......

It doesn`t look as though as it`s going to happen right now. Technically our flights are still live, but right now we are still going between, we`ll go.....or we`ll cancel the trip and defer the flights till next year.

We do appreciate we`re in a better position than most people, it`s awful to read about the nightmare folks are having trying to organise Disney trips or having to cancel much awaited trips. We know several families who this year was their first trip, or first trip in years. Heartbreaking and I hate to hear of anyone cancel a much needed vacation.

The quarantine situation for you is horrible....and again, it`s the uncertainty of not knowing that must be getting to you more than anything, at least if you knew for sure.....planning or not planning would be much easier!!!! Yes, I`d like to start this year all over again please......lol.....

Sending you all good wishes that your trip is unaffected by too much..........

Yes, it`s been another week where we have no clue what`s happening in the world of travel.

Virgin Atlantic had previously announced they would be flying Late July, there were rumours at the same time that it would be changed to late August and a few days ago, they did indeed announce flying was hopefully going to resume Aug 24th.

For us it`s cutting it a bit fine for us to fly Sept 6th if they extend the cancellation of flights again.

And it`s got to be said, a little nervous of the high spikes in Florida in general. Talking to several folks at the hotel and Orlando in general, it seems to be very quiet which sounds perfect of course, but who knows what September will bring.

We won`t cancel until we have to.......and if it`s not going to happen, I`d prefer the airlines to cancel as us to make the decision and it be the wrong one.....lol......knowing us, we`d cancel one day and the next day they`d announce covid has vanished......lol....

So, still looking forward to whether it`s September, Nov/Dec or next May.

Life in general still carries on........we are still doing the same things with the added joy of having spent some precious times with freinds outside, thankfully the weather is lovely right now over here. We had a couple of nice visits in friends gardens with some lovely cocktails 🥂🍹and we went to a park to have a picnic the other day with two friends which we enjoyed a lot. Hopefully soon we can enjoy friends company in each others homes again.

July 4th brings restaurants, pubs and more importantly HAIR SALONS opening up again......

The salon I use, I`m not sure if they are going to open up with all the restrictions they will have to implement. The owner is frugal to say the least, her stylists are all lovely and I hope for them she does, but won`t be surprised if I`m searching for a new salon. there are certainly a few in the next towns to choose from, the other two in our small little village aren`t ones I`d choose to use......far too trendy and modern for me.

So, something else to wait for news of.

Hope all of you in your little neck of the woods are doing well and working through this new time......:wave2:

Now.......Food!!!!

If you know us at all, and some of you do ::yes::......you`ll know we do enjoy good food. I guess the only type of food we don`t eat in general is Mexican......most of it doesn`t appeal to us, although we do like fajitas and of course a good large portion of nachos....but with spicy chicken or pulled pork as I despise chilli. Now that is food of the devil!!!! It`s one of the few dishes Tom and I disagree on, as he likes a good chilli....but I never cook it......and strangely it`s not a dish any friends ever really cook when we go for dinner, so he just never gets the chance to eat it.

One of the things we love so much while visiting America is the abundance of excellent food choices. We have discovered over the years many places we have loved and they have become firm favourites and keep going back to on several visits. And we always like to find somewhere new to try each time. Most have been succesful and have loved them......only the odd blip in there.

From cheap and cheerful to higher end, we have loved most choices, and some of our choices have beguiled our friends who always tease us for only eating in "nicer" places.......heck no.......good food is good wherever you find it.

One of our favourite places is in one of our least favourite hotels weirdly.......The Palm in HRH.

The HR just isn`t for us at all. There`s something quite cold about it and almost too cool for us.......as I`ve said several times, it doesn`t feel like a resort to us the way the other hotels do. But they do have the best onsite steak restaurant for us. The actual restaurant itself is not my favourite, I`m not overly fond of the decor and it can be quite noisy. So, we always ask for a booth as it does seem a little less loud in them to the main floor area.

But, food wise, it`s hard to beat for quality and flavour.

This is usually one of my choices for a birthday meal, or just because.......sometimes you don`t need a reason for a treat. And this is also one of Kyle`s favourite places too, so when he is with us, it`s a hands on certainty we go there.

So.......part of the fun of a pre trip report is looking back and forward at the same time........this is going to be one of the first places we enjoy when we get there. And the images of the food certainly get us excited to be going back soon we hope.......

We find sometimes, the pictures don`t come out as clear as they should. The lighting is strange and quite dim, and even with the individual lighting in each booth which should help, some pictures are a little too dark.

Off the lobby of the Hard Rock, you head down to the right and pass one of the nicest bathrooms around!! I have posted pictures of it in several trip reports, so won`t post them today. But, as bathrooms go it is rather nice and very spacious.

You then hit the restaurant itself which is classically designed with lots of dark wood which does look very nice and welcoming. It has a very understated entry, which takes you immediately into the popular bar area where you can order food from a limited menu, but also very good.

i-HWbswkp-X2.jpg

i-znn95Cw-X2.jpg

Forgive the next two pictures, I tried to take them very quickly but they ended up quite blurry but you can see the main dining area and the booths that are set slighty back, and the best staff work the booths!!!

i-tMhMH3n-X2.jpg

We either have Joyce looking after us, who we have known for many years, she is brilliant and if she isn`t there it`s usually Gabe. The first time we went there many years ago, we had a waiter who almost put us off going back ever again......very pushy with their 837 Club which we weren`t interested in at all. But, we were glad we did go back.

i-PR9Z32K-X2.jpg

We love the menu here, and they have an exceptional wine menu too.....although we do tend to order the same wine here every visit. I think we need to make a change next visit and try something different. They also have a cocktail menu and of course will make you up anything you ask for if they can.

For us, it has one of the nicest bread offerings around and honestly the most attentive water waiters we have ever known......I like a full water glass so it doesn`t bother me, but I did read someone write in the reviews the water waiter was too attentive.......

The cheese crisp and the cinammon fruit bread are completely and utterly addictive!!!! So much so our water waiter noticed we liked them the best and brought us a little more.....it was lovely of him, but we do try to not eat tooooooo much bread, but it was hard to stop that night!

i-hfj4dW8-X2.jpg

The shrimp cocktail they have is beautiful and one of my favourite appetisers ever.....from anywhere. Some folks find it a little simple and the cocktail sauce in America is different from the cocktail sauce we have in the UK. Ours is more mayo with either ketchup or puree with some (for me) cayenne pepper, so the first time I saw the cocktail sauce in the States, I wondered what it was. But, I`m used to it now and do like it.

The one from The Palm is little hotter than most, and they also give you a very, very generous side of Atomic horseradish sauce......to call it nuclear is an understatement!!!! I have tried a little, and I do like extremely hot things.......but that was a little too much for even me. Tom wouldn`t even attempt to try it.

Kyle isn`t an appetiser type of guy.....as most of you know he is all about the desserts!!!! Which is why his little area is empty right now.....he enjoyed some more bread. I always ask him if he wants to share, but he`s not a huge fan of shrimp for some reason......I know right....who doesn`t love shrimp!!!

I did have the shrimp cocktail once with crabmeat as half in half and it was lovely too as I adore crab. The shrimp are huge!!

i-7XfNbsd-X2.jpg

The next two pictures are Tom`s favourite appetisers here........bacon wrapped scallops with jicima slaw and their own Lobster Bisque. He does prefer scallops on their own as they are just beautiful, but he does like this dish too.

Lobster Bisque is the best one around that we have tried. And they are rightly proud of their signature appetiser.

i-qzbDbv8-X2.jpg

i-33FPnKg-X2.jpg

Going back we have enjoyed a shrimp appetiser, maybe called Shrimp Bruno and another scallop dish with a gorgeous balsamic side dip which was divine. Very silky and although you didn`t really need it, it was a lovely addition to the dish. Sadly off the menu now.

i-dWWLbTx-X2.jpg

i-HQKM3hT-X2.jpg

But, the reason we all visit The Palm is for steaks.

We ask for them to be slighty underseasoned now as the seasoning they use is a little too salty for us. We have found though they usually inform you of this so you`re aware.

The quality of the meat is excellent. I`m quite critical of meat as coming from Scotland we have one of the best breeds in the world there, the old Aberdeen Angus. Only maybe, possibly beaten by a good Wagyu steak. But, the real stuff..... Kobe beef comes from the wagyu breed of cattle raised in the Kobe region of Japan. Just as Champagne can only come from the Champagne region in France, Kobe can only come from that particular area in japan. And I love that!!! Only ever tried the real stuff once and it was amazing.

Tom likes a variety of steaks, usually involving a bone where possible......and has worked his way through most of the options and specials on the steak menu over the years.

He does like a good NY strip but enjoys their specials too along with a good T Bone......Kyle and I are very predictable with our love of a good filet.

i-tNrWrkf-X2.jpg

And I couldn`t not include a picture of my wonderful husband!!!!!

Where would I be without him and Kyle. He does enjoy reading and hearing about the trip report, he loves some of the comments and hearing about folks that post. If I mention a user name he doesn`t always know who I mean, so I usually have a way for him to remember posters, usually by a comment they`ve made on the report or we`ve met in real life.

He did joke once he didn`t need to read the finished TR as he was there........yeah, not getting away with that!!! I have to say him and Kyle do read them all when I`m done.

But, he`s a superstar!!!!

i-3fFdqnw-X2.jpg

i-MZv7kvq-X2.jpg

I usually get the 12oz filet and it is fairly large. But, as we don`t tend to have veg alongside the potato, it`s not too much to eat. The sauces below we ordered once to try them, but they really aren`t needed.

i-rD2TxbT-X2.jpg

We again, are very predictable with our sides......Tom and I always have the three cheese gratin which is fabulous!!!! And usually about as hot as the sun when it comes to the table!!! We have the smaller portion between us, when with Kyle we get the larger portion. Kyle did order the fries one visit, and I have to say they were among the nicest fries I have ever eaten!!!! You always think you`re full......but can still manage to pick a few all the same. Not just me I hope!!

Portions are very large and very shareable........

i-fktzp6F-X2.jpg

There is an amazing menu to choose from, some lovely crab, chicken, veal and some beautiful seafood dishes like Chilean Sea Bass and lobster.....everything we have seen always looks amazing......

Although I have my moments......I `m not the biggest dessert fan around. I can and do eat them, but usually we end up sharing one if we have room.

Kyle and Tom are big chocaholics.......not so much for me.

Cheesecake, pavlova and creme brulee are among my favourites.....and weirdly, one thing I hate in desserts is alcohol in any form!! Not quite sure why, but if there is a smell of alcohol.....I`m out. Or bananas. I hate bananas.

Plain old cheesecake with a blueberry compote was the first dessert we ever had in The Palm, and it wasn`t my favourite......I was glad we shared that one.

i-PWB4SKG-X2.jpg

Flourless chocolate cake for Kyle was a huge hit!! He hates all the "goo" as he calls it around the cake, we really should have asked for it without, but forgot. One of his favourite desserts and one I make at home for him regularly and I`m always delighted he rates it as high as Linda`s fudge cake!!! Praise indeed.

This was incredibly intense and I have no idea how he eats it.

i-ScsFsQb-X2.jpg

One of the best dishes the Palm offer for dessert......their creme brulee. I`m always torn between here and Ocean Prime as to which is the best as they are both completely divine.

The cracking of the sugar usually determines for me if it`ll be a good one or not. And this one has never disappointed. Again, it is incredibly rich and we usually share this one as one each is just too much.

i-wks6BcZ-X2.jpg

Excluding Linda`s chocolate fudge cake, which Kyle says can`t be beaten in the dessert scale, this 7 layer chocolate cake came pretty darn close.......it is huge!!!!

And even Kyle needed a little help from dad clearing this plate!!!

i-gkJFBJQ-X2.jpg

On several occasions, we have gone for my birthday and Joyce has always kept these things on file, so when you come back, they know if you`re celebrating. It also lists any allergies or intolerances you may have. So, even when I make the reservation and don`t mention it`s for my birthday, it`s still celebrated.

There`s always a card signed by everyone, a special dessert and the ever lovely Gabe sings you a rendition of Happy Birthday at the table.....he is well known for it and it`s a popular thing for them to do. He`s such a lovely gentleman too and always asks permission to sing to me from Tom. Lovely.

i-zbpcJfS-X2.jpg

i-kcVMCvt-X2.jpg

Those are just a few of the reasons we adore The Palm. And one of the few places we ever make a reservation. It does get incredibly busy even midweek. And weekends are just non stop.

Quality, exceptional customer service and although maybe not a budget meal, I`d still recommend it to anyone. They are so friendly as of course most places are, I like the way most of the staff have been there for many years.

Gabriel the GM is one of the nicest folks and always makes sure you are completely happy with your experience there. Any issues at all and he`ll sort them without a problem.

This is one place we are so keen to get back to......although you may read that a lot!!!!!!

Back soon :wave2:

There is an amazing menu to choose from, some lovely crab, chicken, veal and some beautiful seafood dishes like Chilean Sea Bass and lobster.....everything we have seen always looks amazing......

Who needs poetry when we have Carole around? THIS is the stuff sonnets should be written about.

Everything looks fantastic there! Hoping everything for September works out for you, and like you said, if not...it's not meant to be. But sincerely hoping this surge gets done soon and we can all go back to drooling over your amazing pictures and descriptions!

Now off to rummage through the fridge to find something even remotely close to that LOL!

:wave2:

Bombay Sapphire gin and tonic with olives
Lobster bisque soup
Filet medium rare
Creme brulee

That's my order at The Palm......and now I'm hungry, lol!!

I agree with everything you said about The Palm. It's a terrific restaurant that never disappoints!

Oh I wish I liked regular gin!!! A gin and tonic always seems so civilised........now pink gin!! Did you ever get any of that stuff?

That meal would do me quite happily........::yes::

We love Ocean Prime, but do have say they have overcooked our steaks once or twice, always corrected it of course.......The Palm never have. Perfect every time.........:wave2:

Who needs poetry when we have Carole around? THIS is the stuff sonnets should be written about.

Everything looks fantastic there! Hoping everything for September works out for you, and like you said, if not...it's not meant to be. But sincerely hoping this surge gets done soon and we can all go back to drooling over your amazing pictures and descriptions!

Now off to rummage through the fridge to find something even remotely close to that LOL!

lol......wish I was a poet!!!!

Thank you......that means a lot Elsa.......oh yes, we are so keen to get back to all our lovely places we enjoy so much......but, if it’s later......it’s later.......

Oh hope you found something delicious for lunch........we’re starting to think about dinner in an hour or so. Kyle will emerge from the office upstairs around 5.30ish.......he’s never hungry for food straight away......(wonder what that’s like lol) so we can take our time.

Have a great day....... :wave2:

Goodness at the size of those shrimp!! I must know, did they taste good? Typically I find very large shrimp to be overcooked so they taste like rubber.
Double good vibes, and multiple fingers crossed that you are able to visit in September!!

Last edited:

Goodness at the size of those shrimp!! I must know, did they taste good? Typically I find very large shrimp to be overcooked so they taste like rubber.
Double good vibes, and multiple fingers crossed that you are able to visit in September!!

I know what you mean. We had extra large ones years ago in Clearwater......yep, very rubbery and didn`t really taste of anything. We sent them back and very nicely explained why.....they sent out fresh ones that were much better. I think they assumed as Brits we might not know any better.......lol.....

But, any we`ve had from The Palm/Ocean Prime/Eddie V`s have all been lovely.....

Thanks so much.....I`ll take all good vibes!!!! :)

So sad for everyone. My State is surrounded by high rates but we have been steady or in a decline since almost day one. We had no deaths for the last couple days and seem to have the Navajo Reservation under better control.
I think you'd like our 'Mexican' food, it's a whole new cuisine of it's own,It's a combination of Mexican, Native American and Spanish influences. many chefs love our food and copy it whenever they can.
Our chili con carne is more like a carne adovada which is just meat with red chile sauce. My friend loves fried green chile strips and if it's not too hot I like chile rellenos
Our chili is usually green chile stew, more eat that than chili like you find on a chili dog.
Usually green chile has hamburger/beef chunks, potatoes and some put tomatoes and/or pinto beans. We think black beans are weird, I'm not a big pinto bean fan (don't like legumes in general) but flour tortillas are a staple with almost every meal here. I prefer Sopapilas or Native American Fry bread.

(ps I took the pictures down I need to get permission from the owners to post I think, will ask them next time we visit)

Last edited:
So sad for everyone. My State is surrounded by high rates but we have been steady or in a decline since almost day one. We had no deaths for the last couple days and seem to have the Navajo Reservation under better control.
I think you'd like our food, it's a whole new cuisine of it's own, many chefs love our food and copy it whenever they can.

View attachment 503862View attachment 503863

The top one looks like something I could eat, it looks very spicy......but........beans. No. Never......lol.....

Hate them with a passion, and one of the many reasons I hate chilli....

Good news for where you are, but what a shame the State has such a high rate. I think it`s frustrating many. Our local rates are low, but overall the UK isn`t doing great overall since this started.

This week we are having a heatwave, and pictures online and news are showing beaches with people crammed in side by side on several beaches......it looks horrendous and absolutely no social distancing at all. We have been constantly reminded to be cautious despite the loosening if lockdown rules.......I think a lot of folks now are of the mind that it`s gone away......and of course it hasn`t.

I wish I had the answers........

Maybe I was confusing, our state has a very low death rate though even 1 is too many, we are in the low hundreds with most on the reservation, low infection rate and everyone who wants it can get testing.
All of the states around us have high rates and we hope they don't visit here. We canceled a huge event scheduled in October because controlling a million plus people over a week is difficult. Our leaders here are very aggressive fighting this and are opening slowly and adjusting as needed. Craziest thing is we have one of the lower unemployment rates, lots of Federal employees and laboratories that just cannot shut down.

Weather is pretty nice here, pretty cool for us...91 today I think. We don't have beaches except at the lakes, we have a lot of rivers and of course the mountainous areas are usually cool.

LOL a fellow bean hater.

Last edited:
Maybe I was confusing, our state has a very low death rate though even 1 is too many, we are in the low hundreds with most on the reservation, low infection rate and everyone who wants it can get testing.
All of the states around us have high rates and we hope they don't visit here. We canceled a huge event scheduled in October because controlling a million plus people over a week is difficult. Our leaders here are very aggressive fighting this and are opening slowly and adjusting as needed. Craziest thing is we have one of the lower unemployment rates, lots of Federal employees and laboratories that just cannot shut down.

Weather is pretty nice here, pretty cool for us...91 today I think. We don't have beaches except at the lakes, we have a lot of rivers and of course the mountainous areas are usually cool

Ah got you now, I misread your post.

Yes, you don`t want all those from other high rate States visiting your area. It`s good to be cautious, and I think we all worry we are rushing a little because of economic reasons and not health. But, we have to start somewhere I guess.

I can imagine the type of jobs around you would be safe. Always a good thing.

Gosh, 91 is cool for you....lol.....that is a blisteringly hot day for us.....we had 85/86F today, but our garden was much warmer than that.....love it!!! It won`t last long.......

Oh I understand about the pictures. Yes, I did have a dish once made from, well it was more like diced beef rather than ground beef or as we call it minced beef in chilli, it was quite pleasant as it had chunks of meat, it wasn`t soup like and it was hot...........but, legumes of any kind turn my stomach.....even hate the look of them.......

I must go Google Native American Fry Bread.....never heard of that one. I do like to try new things, but as long as they don`t have certain things in. My sister is always telling me I`d like her chilli.....er no, I wouldn`t........lol.......

Oh I wish I liked regular gin!!! A gin and tonic always seems so civilised........now pink gin!! Did you ever get any of that stuff?

That meal would do me quite happily........::yes::

We love Ocean Prime, but do have say they have overcooked our steaks once or twice, always corrected it of course.......The Palm never have. Perfect every time.........:wave2:
Yes, I found the pink gin!
I mixed it with fizzy Sicilian lemon Italian soda. So yummy and refreshing!!
Thx for the great recommendation Carole!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter