BACK AGAIN FOR SCARES....WE HOPE......26 NIGHTS SFR, RPR & HHN....A SEPT 2020 TRIP REPORT...NEW!

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
mac....I thought I quoted you there in the post above.....but it didn`t show......

It was a reply to your post though above....... ::yes::

schumigirl

Andrea.....good luck with your decision for your trip later this month.

It`s not an easy decision to make......I somehow think having the decision being made for us is somehow a little easier....when there`s nothing you can do about things, it just seems clearer.

But, I do think even if the flights did still go ahead, I doubt we`d be on them.

It`s an awful lot to consider though, hope you can do what`s best for you and your family.....:hug:

I-4Bound

DIS Veteran
Andrea.....good luck with your decision for your trip later this month.

It`s not an easy decision to make......I somehow think having the decision being made for us is somehow a little easier....when there`s nothing you can do about things, it just seems clearer.

But, I do think even if the flights did still go ahead, I doubt we`d be on them.

It`s an awful lot to consider though, hope you can do what`s best for you and your family.....:hug:

Thanks, Carole! I'm trying to be casual about it, but I assume the owner of the rental house will be contacting me very soon about making final payment. If we don't go, I may be out the $200 deposit, but that's OK. He might let us transfer it to next summer. Our town is currently a Covid hot spot, and quite a few of our friends and acquaintances are sick right now. Thankfully, we have avoided it so far. I hope that maybe Seaworld and Busch Gardens might refund our tickets or let us use them past their 02/21 expiration date. Trying to pray and breathe and be patient! Sending hugs to you and Tom and Kyle!

schumigirl

Thanks, Carole! I'm trying to be casual about it, but I assume the owner of the rental house will be contacting me very soon about making final payment. If we don't go, I may be out the $200 deposit, but that's OK. He might let us transfer it to next summer. Our town is currently a Covid hot spot, and quite a few of our friends and acquaintances are sick right now. Thankfully, we have avoided it so far. I hope that maybe Seaworld and Busch Gardens might refund our tickets or let us use them past their 02/21 expiration date. Trying to pray and breathe and be patient! Sending hugs to you and Tom and Kyle!
That`s awful to hear that it`s hitting you so close!

By all accounts most companies seem to be being very accommodating to folks having to change plans this year. So, fingers crossed if you do decide to not travel, you`ll be able to defer the tickets, and the house deposit.

Hugs right back at you Andrea.......:)

shh

DIS Veteran
We are supposed to drive down at the end of July, and I still have no idea if we should go or not. I'm okay with wearing masks and playing by the rules, but I am nervous about exposure and illness. We are supposed to go to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens. If you have any feedback or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I-4 Bound: while we all know there are no guarantees, if you can drive down, I'm thinking you're already a good deal safer and in control of your environment vs the confined public space of a plane.

UO is really going above and beyond to keep guests safe. (Granted, this is not first-hand experience - only based upon what I'm reading on Facebook from quite a few people who've been there and are reporting back.)

How do you fare normally with the heat and humidity of the parks in summer? I'm a lifelong Floridian and candidly, the only time I'm not hiding indoors in AC during July-Sept is when I'm at the beach. Adding a mask to the equation for most of the day feels like an automatic no-go for me until things cool off a bit. But many guests are totally fine wearing them and enjoying themselves - so that part depends upon your own tolerance, I guess?

I think you could still have a fun, safe getaway with a few precautions - maybe even a little more laid back/relaxing than a typical UO trip if that rental place includes a pool? But it won't be as totally carefree as pre-covid.

The only cautionary advice I'd throw out there if you decide to go: although greater Orlando and nearby areas are normally fun to explore, I wouldn't advise venturing to other parks, non-UO stores and entertainment too much right now. I just don't have the confidence that the same care and attention is being invested w/respect to enforcing covid safety as UO.

Last edited:

I-4Bound

DIS Veteran
We are supposed to drive down at the end of July, and I still have no idea if we should go or not. I'm okay with wearing masks and playing by the rules, but I am nervous about exposure and illness. We are supposed to go to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens. If you have any feedback or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I-4 Bound: while we all know there are no guarantees, if you can drive down, I'm thinking you're already a good deal safer and in control of your environment vs the confined public space of a plane.

UO is really going above and beyond to keep guests safe. (Granted, this is not first-hand experience - only based upon what I'm reading on Facebook from quite a few people who've been there and are reporting back.)

How do you fare normally with the heat and humidity of the parks in summer? I'm a lifelong Floridian and candidly, the only time I'm not hiding indoors in AC during July-Sept is when I'm at the beach. Adding a mask to the equation for most of the day feels like an automatic no-go for me until things cool off a bit. But many guests are totally fine wearing them and enjoying themselves - so that part depends upon your own tolerance, I guess?

I think you could still have a fun, safe getaway with a few precautions - maybe even a little more laid back/relaxing than a typical UO trip if that rental place includes a pool? But it won't be as totally carefree as pre-covid.

The only cautionary advice I'd throw out there if you decide to go: although greater Orlando and nearby areas are normally fun to explore, I wouldn't advise venturing to other parks, non-UO stores and entertainment too much right now. I just don't have the confidence that the same care and attention is being invested w/respect to enforcing covid safety as UO.
Thank you! We are going to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Aquatica. My Universal Annual Passes have expired unfortunately. I have been watching videos to see how SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are handling safety and distancing

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS