MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

:thumbsup2

Yes, we have September and December to look forward to. Thats not too far away. I refuse to consider not going then.......I truly am the eternal optimist and refuse to change.......lol.......

I do think in a week or so I’ll change the title for September trip report.......and if it keeps going (which it won’t) will change to December.......🥴

How’s things in your area.....is it bad??
Yay, September and then December with Kyle sounds like a plan!!

We're doing fairly well here. One of the last states to have positives but no deaths and just 13 positives so far. Our Governor has been very aggressive in handling all of this. Hope you are safe and well as my hopes and prayers are for everyone.

It's a real bummer. So far... Davy had a math competition canceled (and he's freaking out that he may have had his last days at middle school). We couldn't visit my aunt who is in a nursing home. Our local comicon canceled. All of my league tennis canceled. I warned Davy that Disney/Universal may be out too in late May. And, missing seeing you is just making me so sad. Plus, it's snowing here today. So, I've put on classic MTV and rocking out to 80s tunes while catching up on reading. Really thinking of you and Tom and hope you guys stay safe but also just wishing you could come!

I was watching that channel yesterday too!! Went between that and the Magic 80’s channel......all the best #2’s of the 80’s! Kept me out of mischief all day.......friend came over and we sat and reminisced all afternoon.

It is so sad. So much of our regular life has been put on hold. But, airlines are cutting back now and looks like job losses are inevitable. Can’t help but think of them too.

So your comicon was cancelled! Sorry.....I knew how much you and Davy were looking forward to that.

(((Sigh)))

I am an optimist too Carole! We booked our summer Scotland trip at the end of Feb & I am still researching tours for our trip (maybe because I am in denial that this is all really happening). Fingers crossed!😉

:welcome: Along Tgrgrl........

I think even optimism is dissipating from me now.......

Im so glad you got your trip booked.......and I hope you all manage to take the trip.......Scotland is so beautiful.......

Yes, fingers crossed........:wave2:

The world is going to start getting a handle on this virus and we all are going to enjoy our May vacations. We need a Carole trip report.

Now that made me smile Vicki.......::yes::

We have to think how long can it go on.......yes, hate to think of everyone who will miss out if it carries on!!

Thanks for the smile though........

I hope everyone gets there trips in!!!

I know the next 30 days there are restrictions but I hope many of those are lifted and things hopefully can somewhat get under control.

Entirely too soon to throw in the towel for May trips..... ::yes::

Keep on planning!!!

Last edited:

Yay, September and then December with Kyle sounds like a plan!!

We're doing fairly well here. One of the last states to have positives but no deaths and just 13 positives so far. Our Governor has been very aggressive in handling all of this. Hope you are safe and well as my hopes and prayers are for everyone.

Glad to hear you’re doing ok.......no deaths is good. I don‘t think anyone has died near us......but to be honest after today, I think I’m going to stop reading everything folks are writing......who do we believe?

So, yes, September is in our thoughts now......I doubt countries will allow the monetary situation to last very long......

Good to see you and glad you’re doing ok......good to hear!!

I'm so late joining, but I'm here!!!!! ::yes::

Our flight landed after midnight from our cruise....very tired but glad to see your Pre-TR!!!!!!

:welcome: Lori.......

Glad to see you made it off the cruise safely......and survived to tell the tale.......lol......cruise ships really have been demonised recently!!

Well, probably a September trip report now.....but will pop in a few updates just in case......

But, hope you had a lovely cruise and now take some time to relax and take it easy.........:wave2:

The cruise has one heck of a story attached to it!
I send you an email on it when I get my laundry sorted and my head is less fuzzy from being awake for almost 24 hours...

Carole, I'm so sorry it looks like your May trip will be a no-go. I need a Carole and Tom trip report to cheer me!

My husband has placed me on complete house arrest for the next month, except for going to the clinic for my next treatment on 3/31. My University has gone to online instruction with all offices open with just one person a day on rotation. And, of course, due to my health issues, I was excluded from the rotation. It's all for my own good, and it won't last forever. I am reminding myself that I am blessed. Blessed to have a disease for which there is a cure. Blessed to have a job that allows me to work from home. Blessed to not be a paycheck away from devastation.

Still, today is my 50th birthday, and I do wish we could do something fun to celebrate. It will just have to be a belated celebration, right? Do keep your pre-trip report going, please, even if it shifts to a September report. I love hearing from you!

So, bit of an indulgent post.

As of now, it is looking for sure May trip won’t happen.

The flight ban is at the moment, indefinite. But, our issue might be, if they lift the flight ban, we have to take the flight as we won’t be able to claim the money back then. Do we really want to take a flight to a place where nothing is open and no one really wants us there anyway?

Some have said they’ll enjoy the resort with no parks......but what if everything is closed anyway! Especially if they close the hotels. And we have to consider the staff too. Their health and safety is so important.

Today Virgin Atlantic announced by March 26th, 80% of their aircraft will be grounded. Of course the worst thing is folks may lose their job. Virgin have offered several alternatives to their staff, one being an unpaid sabbatical of 6 months to a year. I’m not sure how many will be able to take advantage of that, hopefully many. It certainly seems silly to be worrying about a trip when people`s health and financial security are up in the air.

There is just so much up in the air right now........no one has any answers....and as it is 7 weeks till we were supposed to fly, it’s too early to do anything about it. We’ll contact Virgin when we are in the right time frame.

But......for now........I`m trying to keep that positivity........glad to have you all here with us.......:hug:

Last edited:
Carole, I'm so sorry it looks like your May trip will be a no-go. I need a Carole and Tom trip report to cheer me!

My husband has placed me on complete house arrest for the next month, except for going to the clinic for my next treatment on 3/31. My University has gone to online instruction with all offices open with just one person a day on rotation. And, of course, due to my health issues, I was excluded from the rotation. It's all for my own good, and it won't last forever. I am reminding myself that I am blessed. Blessed to have a disease for which there is a cure. Blessed to have a job that allows me to work from home. Blessed to not be a paycheck away from devastation.

Still, today is my 50th birthday, and I do wish we could do something fun to celebrate. It will just have to be a belated celebration, right? Do keep your pre-trip report going, please, even if it shifts to a September report. I love hearing from you!

:bday: Cara......I hope you manage to have a wonderful one!!!!

Yes, I think house arrest for you is a good idea. No one wants to be stuck in, but yes, best for you.

Sounds like work is doing the right thing by you, that's good to hear too. Yes, it won`t be forever......soon you`ll be up and running.....well, maybe not running, that`s not good for anyone, whatever anyone says!!!!

I agree, it is a blessing to not have to worry about financial issues or go paycheck to paycheck....that's got to be rough and so worrying, so I`m glad you don't have that extra worry.....you only need think of your health and improving.

When we felt down earlier, we reminded ourselves of similar.....we are very fortunate. It`s only affecting a vacation. The world will still turn...….and September isn`t too far away.....

Actually Cara, thank you......reading your post and others too has cheered me up a little. We have an awful lot to be thankful for. I don't usually become such a gloomy goose, I am generally very upbeat (annoyingly so at times I`m told) :laughing:......but I think deciding today we are not going up to Scotland to see mum and my family this week annoyed me a little.....but......I`m looking for that silver lining now......:hug:

And yes, you do need a celebration....belated or otherwise......but for now......🍹🥂

Its also my mum’s birthday today.......still haven’t spoke to her yet as she’s out and about with my sister!! Can’t keep her in.....she’s 85 today........

Have a great day...…..:wave2:

Last edited:
Carole, I'm a brunette, but otherwise my hair once looked very similar to that!! :rotfl2:

Happy Birthday to your mom, too!

I am telling myself that while flying and a theme park vacation may not be in the cards for me for 2020, I may still be able to get a beach vacation in this fall, once I'm past the hardest part of my treatment. There are worse things than sitting under an umbrella with a good book. This too shall pass. We all just have to remember to show kindness to one another, love our neighbors well and exercise large amounts of patience (not my strong suit, for sure!). :grouphug: (Okay, maybe air hugs or friendly waves instead...)

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Carole, I'm a brunette, but otherwise my hair once looked very similar to that!! :rotfl2:

Happy Birthday to your mom, too!

I am telling myself that while flying and a theme park vacation may not be in the cards for me for 2020, I may still be able to get a beach vacation in this fall, once I'm past the hardest part of my treatment. There are worse things than sitting under an umbrella with a good book. This too shall pass. We all just have to remember to show kindness to one another, love our neighbors well and exercise large amounts of patience (not my strong suit, for sure!). :grouphug: (Okay, maybe air hugs or friendly waves instead...)

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

You’re welcome and thank you!!!

lol........me too!!! I had the big 80‘s hairdo too......and loved it!!! I miss the 80’s!

Yes, a visit to a beach would be a lovely trip for you, plenty of relaxation sounds like a lot of fun. You certainly deserve it!

I’m not known for my patience either.......I wasn‘t blessed with that attribute! Tom has more than enough patience for two of us though......lol......

Hugs back at you.......:hug:

So, bit of an indulgent post.

As of now, it is looking for sure May trip won’t happen.

The flight ban is at the moment, indefinite. But, our issue might be, if they lift the flight ban, we have to take the flight as we won’t be able to claim the money back then. Do we really want to take a flight to a place where nothing is open and no one really wants us there anyway?

Some have said they’ll enjoy the resort with no parks......but what if everything is closed anyway! Especially if they close the hotels. And we have to consider the staff too. Their health and safety is so important.

Today Virgin Atlantic announced by March 26th, 80% of their aircraft will be grounded. Of course the worst thing is folks may lose their job. Virgin have offered several alternatives to their staff, one being an unpaid sabbatical of 6 months to a year. I’m not sure how many will be able to take advantage of that, hopefully many. It certainly seems silly to be worrying about a trip when people`s health and financial security are up in the air.

There is just so much up in the air right now........no one has any answers....and as it is 7 weeks till we were supposed to fly, it’s too early to do anything about it. We’ll contact Virgin when we are in the right time frame.

But......for now........I`m trying to keep that positivity........glad to have you all here with us.......:hug:

Hugs from Kansas!!!

It is a very strange time for sure.

I doubt very much May will go ahead. The travel ban is in place for 30 days from Tuesday for us I believe, if they extend that another month it’ll be a definite no go.

Yes, it’s a shame, would love to have met up if possible. Are you having any thoughts about your trip now?

I think right about now there are so many of us very down about our cancelled or postponed trips. Not much sunshine around for that at the moment. Not even mentioning the worry about catching this darn virus.

Yes this is all so unreal, I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone or something. It seems to just keep getting worse. Sorry to hear that you are probably going to have to cancel May, I was so looking forward to meeting you. However I understand. I have a little time I feel to make my decision. I just don't know what to do at this moment, it is so hard to tell what is going to happen at this point. Hope that you are all well.

today is my 50th birthday,

Happy Happy Birthday!

Here is my positivity for the day. Had Universal not closed we would not have rescheduled to May. If May doesnt work I booked for the second weekend in December. Whether it is May or December, I have the chance to run into you Carole and get a picture; ME, getting a picture with The Carole and Tom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!