MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Hello my friend.......

We’re doing good thanks! Getting on and hoping for the best, like everyone else.......and waiting.

Oh that’s a shame the camp was cancelled, yes, you’ll do it next year, this year is just upside down. Kids will be glad school is over soon and working from home has it’s upsides.....Kyle is thinking of how much fuel money he’s saving every week......lol......

Oh yes, as the sing says......we’ll meet again! If we make September we’ll absolutely meet you in St Augustine.......gosh we do miss visits there too!!! You’re so lucky having it as close as it is.....such a gorgeous place! If this year doesn’t happen at all, well, we’ll be there in May again for sure.......

Yes, Sanford seems to have had a huge transformation over the years. Lots of Brits who didn’t fly BA or VA tended to fly in there, the distance isn’t bad at all, we don‘t mind that. Heck right now if I could land anywhere I’d go......lol...

I know what you mean about finding out relatively local info from afar......last year I told one of my brothers about a building project that was being started soon near him......he knew nothing of it, he’s about 15 minutes away from it, I’m around 7 hours away.....lol......

Now that sounds fascinating what you used to do!! Pilot and aerobatics.......wow!!! Is flying still a hobby you enjoy? Had to change that as auto correct changed it to aerobics......lol.....not as much fun!

Keep well and don‘t be a stranger.......Tom says hi too......:wave2:
Hi back to Tom!

I haven't done any flying in many years. I used to really enjoy it, but other life priorities just overwhelmed my time (and budget)! With fuel prices so low, I've been wondering if it might be something I should look into again, plus it would be fun to include my kids now. There's a flying club on the Navy base where I do lots of work, so I might check it out.

It`s been a funny old week with one thing and another...….no real updates for our September trip as you can imagine...….I think like everyone else who has trips planned, we have to wait and see.....and if you`re anything like me......patience is a gift that bypassed me when that virtue was handed out......I`m sure there`s someone who got the share patience that was meant for me and they are quite content to wait......but not me...…..I know a few of us are so similar there.

But after a week of even the most positive of people beginning to wonder if September will happen, I thought I needed something definite to look forward to.....

So, with that in mind......Tom and I began chatting last week thinking about next year and this morning booked us to fly in May next year for 21 nights......

Are we excited? Hell yeah...…..

And for the first time we aren't flying VA or TC......not knowing for certain what kind of position they`ll be in, although I think they`ll survive, we opted for another carrier.

We have never flown with TUI before...….they have the Dreamliner plane that friends have said is very nice to fly in, and more modern than a jumbo....although we love the Jumbo Jet and will miss it a lot.....it is one of the most beautiful planes to adorn our skies......and so huge!!! You can`t help be impressed when you see one. But as VA are no longer using them from immediate effect, there is a sadness there.

This airline have been around forever under another name Thomson, and we have never used them before. They are fairly common on European routes, and have been flying to America for a long time too.

View attachment 493798

With Virgin and TC when they were around, you could choose to fly for an odd amount of nights, which suited us perfectly. If we wanted 23 or 26 nights we could do that. With this airline you can seemingly only book for weekly increments.....so one two or three weeks....and they also fly into Sanford as opposed to MCO which will be different for us as we`ve never flown into there.

Friends have flown into Sanford with them and say they prefer the airport as you it`s smaller and immigration has always been quicker. But, as we have GE that probably won`t make any difference to us. But, good to know they like the airport. And it`s not really that great a distance away for us compared to MCO. It`ll be different though and I`m curious as to what we will prefer out of the two of them.

I like MCO. I know many don`t, but we never minded the airport and could pass our time easily there.

We just have to remember when booking our rental car to put Sanford instead of MCO......automatic default!!!!

We haven`t given the hotel any thought yet, but I would imagine it`ll be Sapphire Falls as we had planned for this May.....keeping RPR for next September again. But, we have to wait for the hotel right now.......I`m ok with that as we really don`t have a choice there.

So, that`s my update for now.......it really has boosted our mood....although really, we haven`t been too downbeat at all about this.....yet........wait till someone tells me I can`t travel in September.......

Yes, that would be me!!!!

Of course I haven`t decided yet that September won`t happen......nope, as far as I`m concerned it`s still go for that one too......but this is a just in case.......it would be booked anyway, we just did it a little early.

There`s still a fair few weeks till September and a lot can change in that time.......we`ll certainly have a better idea in the coming weeks of the situation.

So, as of now, we are still passing time fairly well. I`m baking quite a lot, and when we can we go for walks.

Kyle was off work on vacation last week, so we walked a few times with the three of us which was lovely. But, we have had some lovely weather....which for us is unusual.......but I see some areas of America are having snow and it`s really cold.....hope where you are it`s better than that. I`m always fascinated by the differences in America........we are a tiny country in comparison and can see big differences here, never mind a place the size of the US. Love hearing about everyone`s weather.......

Will be back with another update on this soon......thanks for listening to my ramblings on future trips too.......and look forward to hearing about everyone else`s plans.......for me too, it helps keep that positivity up...... :wave2:

Here I am 12:20 in the afternoon daydreaming about stuffing my face at Strong water and then stumbling back to my resort, usually Aventura just so I can be close to the bar. I have a trip planned for September too, holding on to hope that it will be possible.
I've always enjoyed your reports and this one is no exception. Maybe this will be the year I do my own. Or maybe next year :)

Hi back to Tom!

I haven't done any flying in many years. I used to really enjoy it, but other life priorities just overwhelmed my time (and budget)! With fuel prices so low, I've been wondering if it might be something I should look into again, plus it would be fun to include my kids now. There's a flying club on the Navy base where I do lots of work, so I might check it out.

Oh that sounds ideal if it`s where you know and handy for you. And the kids would love that I`m sure.......you`d be the coolest dad around doing that!!! And yes, it`s fun to get back into a hobby you enjoyed so much.

Yes, even we have cheaper fuel prices, probably not as cheap as America, but much better than usual for us!!

Here I am 12:20 in the afternoon daydreaming about stuffing my face at Strong water and then stumbling back to my resort, usually Aventura just so I can be close to the bar. I have a trip planned for September too, holding on to hope that it will be possible.
I've always enjoyed your reports and this one is no exception. Maybe this will be the year I do my own. Or maybe next year :)

:welcome: back queenofthehill.....

Good to see you again.......

Oh that is a nice daydream isn`t it!!!! I`d give a lot to be there right now......

Yes, fingers crossed we all get our trips this year......keep the hope going......

Oh you should do a trip report, I`d enjoy reading that.......but, it`s nice to see you post again......:wave2:

Glad to see you Minnie17......and yes, positivity is always welcome.....:hug:

Hope you`re doing well in all of this, it is good to see you :wave2:

It’s been a Monday, still enjoying your report :yay:. We have a trip planned for the end of July at the world.....waiting to see if we decide to go.... currently enjoying a bottle of “your” fancy Chardonnay.View attachment 494251
Can’t wait for a post trip report. I am so thankful I can whine about about a possible vacay cancellation, 1st world problems. Sending hugs and positive vibes to all of us.

It’s been a Monday, still enjoying your report :yay:. We have a trip planned for the end of July at the world.....waiting to see if we decide to go.... currently enjoying a bottle of “your” fancy Chardonnay.View attachment 494251
Can’t wait for a post trip report. I am so thankful I can whine about about a possible vacay cancellation, 1st world problems. Sending hugs and positive vibes to all of us.

I`m sure I know what wine that is!!! The link isn't working but I can guess :thumbsup2 Hope you enjoyed it!!!!

I feel your pain.....it`s the waiting that`s so bad. I think if there was a definitive yes or no, we`d be ok and deal with that.....but until then we`re in a kind of limbo. And yes, you`re entitled to whine, first world problem or not ::yes::......we all have I`m sure......

Good wishes back to you too Minnie......:wave2:

I think like everyone else who has trips planned, we have to wait and see.....and if you`re anything like me......patience is a gift that bypassed me when that virtue was handed out......I`m sure there`s someone who got the share patience that was meant for me and they are quite content to wait......but not me...…..I know a few of us are so similar there.
Girl, I'm right there with you!!

So, with that in mind......Tom and I began chatting last week thinking about next year and this morning booked us to fly in May next year for 21 nights......
That's awesome!!! We have a trip planned already for September of next year, but we decided that if we cant make it to HHN this September then we will use those funds to possibly go to Disneyland sometime next year, too!

Kyle was off work on vacation last week, so we walked a few times with the three of us which was lovely. But, we have had some lovely weather....which for us is unusual.......but I see some areas of America are having snow and it`s really cold.....hope where you are it`s better than that. I`m always fascinated by the differences in America........we are a tiny country in comparison and can see big differences here, never mind a place the size of the US. Love hearing about everyone`s weather.......
Walks are so relaxing. Such a nice reprieve from everything going on in the world right now. We had a few days that were beautiful and got the baby out for a couple walks.. This weekend it was snow and freezing rain :( BUT, the forecast looks great moving into the 60s at the end of this week and 70's early next week! Hopefully this is our official weather break we've been craving!

Girl, I'm right there with you!!

That's awesome!!! We have a trip planned already for September of next year, but we decided that if we cant make it to HHN this September then we will use those funds to possibly go to Disneyland sometime next year, too!

Walks are so relaxing. Such a nice reprieve from everything going on in the world right now. We had a few days that were beautiful and got the baby out for a couple walks.. This weekend it was snow and freezing rain :( BUT, the forecast looks great moving into the 60s at the end of this week and 70's early next week! Hopefully this is our official weather break we've been craving!

:thumbsup2

It`s nice you have alternative plans just in case......even if it is next year.....and an extra visit to Disneyland would be nice too.

How lovely you managed to get out for some walks with the little one, I`ll bet she loved that......yes, walks are fantastic and do kind of refresh your mind and body somehow. But, another with snow and freezing rain!!!! There`s something not right with that this time of year...….but glad to hear you have warmer weather ahead. I`m sure you are more than ready for it

We are supposed to get nicer weather by the weekend, but hard to imagine as I`m looking out of the window at hailstones.....lol....fingers crossed we all get some good weather soon....we need it!!

Wow, loved seeing your pics of those suites - they are massive!! Although it always makes me wonder why they don't make more suites that have several bedrooms instead of all that living and dining room space....so that families or larger parties can stay together. I know some hotels have those but they are always so cost prohibitive....sigh. But I'm sure it was nice having all that space to yourself!!

Wow, loved seeing your pics of those suites - they are massive!! Although it always makes me wonder why they don't make more suites that have several bedrooms instead of all that living and dining room space....so that families or larger parties can stay together. I know some hotels have those but they are always so cost prohibitive....sigh. But I'm sure it was nice having all that space to yourself!!

The suites in Sapphire are beautiful and yes, we loved every second of them!!!

I`m guessing cost is the reason they don`t have more of them in certain hotels, I think that`s why the newer cheaper hotels have gone for more family suites as there is a need and a want for larger areas for families :thumbsup2

not sure I`d want to do 10 hours in a car

It's 12-13 when we drive to Orlando, but we have flown the last couple times. We will be driving again for our girls trip in December, but it will go fast as we usually drive in the middle of the night. Flying has spoiled us tho,

And today being May 4th.......is the day we are supposed to be on that plane on the way out to Orlando

Oh that must be so hard. I remember thinking, "No way will May not happen" and yet here we are. World has turned totally upside down

We have however, had a rather lovely invitation for something in December.......but will keep that for another time.....

All right just leave us hanging. I will be up at 2am still trying to figure this out.

wait till someone tells me I can`t travel in September.....

I laughed so hard at your picture. Totally need that today. Going to have to come to the boards every sale day.

an extra visit to Disneyland would be nice too.

We were supposed to head out west this summer for our youngest 21. Going to wait a year now. Not worth the risk.

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

It's 12-13 when we drive to Orlando, but we have flown the last couple times. We will be driving again for our girls trip in December, but it will go fast as we usually drive in the middle of the night. Flying has spoiled us tho,

Oh that must be so hard. I remember thinking, "No way will May not happen" and yet here we are. World has turned totally upside down

All right just leave us hanging. I will be up at 2am still trying to figure this out.

I laughed so hard at your picture. Totally need that today. Going to have to come to the boards every sale day.

We were supposed to head out west this summer for our youngest 21. Going to wait a year now. Not worth the risk.

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

lol.....I`d drive across the ocean right now if I could!!! I`m very aware of being an international visitor right now without the ability to just drive as opposed to have to fly in.

Oh the December thing isn`t that interesting (or so I`ve been told lol) Yes, it`s been an awful year for so many people this year, it can only get better.....right????

Yep, some days I feel like shaking a hairbrush at the world....with a few savoury words too......but......it is what it is......and will definitely keep this going....even if it ends up being a December trip report......lol......

Glad to see you though and hope things are good with you :wave2:

Friends have flown into Sanford with them and say they prefer the airport as you it`s smaller and immigration has always been quicker.
For such a tiny airport, the duty free shopping area looked amazing. Naturally, it was under lock & key to the likes of me lol

food options there are dismal, Security was 2 lanes last time thwith only one open last I flew in thru Allegiant. Took all of 2 minutes to clear it

the rental car pickup is my only real complaint. You need to lug ur suitcases out the front of the terminal, down a long outdoor walkway until u enter a small building that holds all the vendors. Have had some longIsh waits there. Alamo seems to be speedier/more staff than the others

yOu would likely be coming in on beeline if doing 417 tho beware the am dense fog that often forms

For such a tiny airport, the duty free shopping area looked amazing. Naturally, it was under lock & key to the likes of me lol

food options there are dismal, Security was 2 lanes last time thwith only one open last I flew in thru Allegiant. Took all of 2 minutes to clear it

the rental car pickup is my only real complaint. You need to lug ur suitcases out the front of the terminal, down a long outdoor walkway until u enter a small building that holds all the vendors. Have had some longIsh waits there. Alamo seems to be speedier/more staff than the others

yOu would likely be coming in on beeline if doing 417 tho beware the am dense fog that often forms

Glad to hear they have a good Duty Free range.....we always say we don't need anything else after shopping in liquor stores in Orlando, but there`s always something that catches our eye.....well......it would be rude not too!!!

I think we`ll eat before we leave for the airport going home, can`t remember the flight time but we`ll eat in Jake`s I think as our last supper before we set off....kind of tradition now......

We usually rent from Alamo, so fingers crossed they`re decent.....never had issues with them at MCO, so fingers crossed.

Our flight coming in arrives around mid afternoon, so should miss the am fog.....never heard of that before?

We are looking forward to trying a new airline and a new airport.....although I usually like familiarity, I`m hoping this will turn out to be a good alternative in the future.

Hi Carole,
Love catching up with the planning process for your trips! I am with you on being positive - sending you my positive vibes for September! Our girls' trip has been cancelled.....we are all disappointed but none of us felt that June travel would be safe/fun - with what we know at this time. So...we will postpone and see what next year looks like. In the meantime, I will get my Universal fix by reading your reports! Hope all is well and that you get to hug your family soon. :cutie:

Our flight coming in arrives around mid afternoon, so should miss the am fog.....never heard of that before?
Thick as pea soup in the early mornings. Haven’t seen it after 10 am. It doesn’t really start until just past MCO exit, heading east on 417. Then to a lesser degree once you cross the beeline & intersection of 408.

Come to think of it, 408 coming from Universal is probably a better bet for you if not rush hour. Have taken that way when doing U parks first, but we normally do our best to avoid the stretch of I-4 from the city down to Disney due to how traffic can build.

Hi Carole,
Love catching up with the planning process for your trips! I am with you on being positive - sending you my positive vibes for September! Our girls' trip has been cancelled.....we are all disappointed but none of us felt that June travel would be safe/fun - with what we know at this time. So...we will postpone and see what next year looks like. In the meantime, I will get my Universal fix by reading your reports! Hope all is well and that you get to hug your family soon. :cutie:

So good to see you Jocelyn.......

I am so sorry your lovely girls trip had to be cancelled. But, yes, I agree it wouldn‘t have been ideal right now......still not easy to do but it’ll come around again. You are definitely allowed to feel cheated.....::yes::

I go between being positive it’ll go ahead in September and being positive it’ll be cancelled due to one thing or another.......depends on the time of day and usually how hungry I am funnily enough.....lol......

Thanks for stopping by, Yep, I’m continuing to plan ahead....don‘t be a stranger.....and sending you loads of good wishes too.......:wave2:

Thick as pea soup in the early mornings. Haven’t seen it after 10 am. It doesn’t really start until just past MCO exit, heading east on 417. Then to a lesser degree once you cross the beeline & intersection of 408.

Come to think of it, 408 coming from Universal is probably a better bet for you if not rush hour. Have taken that way when doing U parks first, but we normally do our best to avoid the stretch of I-4 from the city down to Disney due to how traffic can build.

I had no idea it was like that there.

To be honest we haven’t even looked at the route yet, by the time we land and do luggage and rental car it may well be into afternoon rush hour.

Have to admit the road from MCO to Universal is easy peasy......even late afternoon it takes us 20-25 minutes or so from airport to hotel......

I had no idea it was like that there.

To be honest we haven’t even looked at the route yet, by the time we land and do luggage and rental car it may well be into afternoon rush hour.

Have to admit the road from MCO to Universal is easy peasy......even late afternoon it takes us 20-25 minutes or so from airport to hotel......
Ask your friend at the hotel to confirm, but my guess that time of day would be to take the beeline...shouldn’t be more than another half hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!