Back Door Disney - Let's talk about it

I personally don’t have any interest in watching someone walk around closed attractions. He’s not really uncovering any “truths” about Disney; we know what these attractions were, and eventually we’ll know what they’ll become.
Exactly, what is it about backstage WDW that some people are infatuated with and want to see? Being a global CM meant that I could be anywhere onstage or backstage, so for over two decades I think I've been to just about every backstage area and IMO there's not that much of interest to see. I don't get it.

Exactly, what is it about backstage WDW that some people are infatuated with and want to see? Being a global CM meant that I could be anywhere onstage or backstage, so for over two decades I think I've been to just about every backstage area and IMO there's not that much of interest to see. I don't get it.
I’ve often thought the same thing, I’ve never been behind the scenes at Disney or worked their. I have had different jobs over the years as a contractors assistant installing either electrical or phone cable, or performing A/C balancing in hotels, courthouses, and a university. The utility areas are all the same, concrete with pipes. Nothing exciting.

I guess Im in the minority. I love seeing how things are doing, behind the scenes, etc. Years ago there was a TV show called Breaking The Magicians Code, Magics Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed, which I loved. Im the person who used to buy the double disc DVDs of movies with all the behind the scenes documentaries.

All this secrecy by Disney just makes me want to see the videos and photos posted by people like Backdoor Disney. Although that being said, I have watched some of the videos, and the content is good, the way it is presented and delived makes the YouTube videos had to watch.

A whole lot of stupidity going on there. Disney has no choice but to ban and press for criminal trespass charges because they don't want any liability of some idiot getting hurt. Showing they've made every reasonable effort to prevent/eliminate this behavior is the best they can do to prevent being assigned any liability for injuries.

As far as the theft accusations and the raid, that entire situation was a farce that should never have happened. Sad situation when that nonsense has ended up popularizing the behavior and popularizing one bonehead's videos and social media even further.

I think backstage is pretty interesting. I liked the pictures of the ride control rooms.

It's pretty easy to avoid the account if you don't want to kill the magic.

Hey everyone,

How do you feel about this? Is this guy uncovering some truths about Disney that we find valuable or is he just a attention seeking trouble maker. I'm kind of caught in the middle and was wondering how everyone else feels about it. He has both youtube and twitter accounts, just search for back door disney.

Thanks!

I definitely feel like whatever he's 'uncovered' is none of anyone's business, unless it's illegal. Is Disney putting addictive drugs in Dole Whips? Are they hypnotizing us with flashing lights into spending more money?

I would have guessed that when you become a CM you sign something that legally prevents this... meaning whatever content he has out there should be taken down by the hosts (youtube, twitter, etc) and he be banned from those sites and be prosecuted when he sets up another account and posts it again.

I think he's a piece of poop.

I guess Im in the minority. I love seeing how things are doing, behind the scenes, etc. Years ago there was a TV show called Breaking The Magicians Code, Magics Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed, which I loved. Im the person who used to buy the double disc DVDs of movies with all the behind the scenes documentaries.

I'm in there too, I love the behind the scenes knowledge.
As far as WDW goes, I don't believe in magic and pixie dust so I don't need the behind the scenes goings on kept secret.
I don't agree with doing illegal things in order to "expose" them, but seeing what goes on doesn't really ruin anything about WDW for me.

If you see some of the pictures that he puts up on twitter, back door disney is fitting, especially for the CM's in costume. It's also very disturbing.

I love the concept - will have to look him up. I am too much a realist to believe in magic and pixie dust. The vibe I get at WDW doesn't change because of what I do/do not know is going on behind the doors..

All this secrecy by Disney just makes me want to see the videos and photos posted by people like Backdoor Disney.
I don't know if I would characterize it as "all this secrecy by Disney." What may come across as secrecy is a valid concern for safety. But there are accompanied Guests, visitors, tours, 3rd party workers and special events backstage all the time.
I would have guessed that when you become a CM you sign something that legally prevents this
There was but I signed it over 20 years ago and don't recall if it applies to former CMs.
It's a crime how uninteresting the videos are.
And how mundane and routine it can be in person.

How do you feel about this? Is this guy uncovering some truths about Disney that we find valuable or is he just a attention seeking trouble maker.

I'm going with "attention seeking trouble maker". I'm not completely against behind the scenes things - I keep saying someday I'll make time for a couple of the special tours. But I'm sure cast members (current or former) aren't supposed to be just randomly sharing stuff from offstage, so I won't be looking up his accounts or adding to the number of views.

I'm going with "attention seeking trouble maker". I'm not completely against behind the scenes things - I keep saying someday I'll make time for a couple of the special tours. But I'm sure cast members (current or former) aren't supposed to be just randomly sharing stuff from offstage, so I won't be looking up his accounts or adding to the number of views.

Another good point.

Thing is, this has got to be just the tip of the iceberg. He’s probably stolen lots of other stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter