Back for another **wonderful** BCV trip!!

JohnathanS

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I am an OKW owner, and love OKW through and through. But I have to say I had a wonderful BCV trip during the Food and Wine Festival last week!

Here are a few thoughts on my experience:

There were 5 of us in a 2-bedroom which we were able to book right at the 7 month window---no waitlist, no problem! Our villa was unit 134 which was perfect. We were in a ground floor unit with the quiet pool right in front of us. My friends loved their bedroom which was spacious and nicely decorated (it was a dedicated 2-BR and the second BR seemed to have a bit more floorspace than the studio I stayed at in September).

The water pressure and temperature were always fine...no complaints. And the condition of the unit was nearly perfect, although we did have problems with the DVD player which we had to have replaced. We were almost given a runaround here-the CM insisted on watching a movie on the DVD player even though it was only getting problems after it warmed up-- but one of my guests was an electrician, so he was able to cut to the chase and get us a new player (which worked great!)

SAB was wonderful, but a bit on the chilly side. We actually loved spending time at Dune Coves more than SAB--for a party of adults, all we wanted was some quiet, sunny pooltime and Dune Coves was soooo convenient!

The walk into the F&WF was such a boon. I loved going over to have my escargot each afternoon, or a piece of the flourless chocoalte cake near Italy. And then I could be back at our room in just a few minutes!!

After 2 trips to BCV in the last 2 months, I am ready to give this resort a huge thumbs up. I am so glad we gave it a try and we already have a reservation for a 2-BR unit at BCV in May, during Star Wars Weekends and the Flower and Garden Festival. Still...

I do miss OKW and will be returning there for 12 nights at the beginning of December! Hope to see some of you neighbors then!;)

We were at the BCV at the same time and have only wonderful things to report as well! Our dedicated 2 bdrm was in wonderful shape, couple of scratched tables, but that's it. SAB was a little chilly for the first couple of days, the CM said the heater was down, but it was nice and warm by the time we left (10/30). We also enjoyed the BCV quiet pool - very conveninet! It just desperately needs a pool bar - that walk for my strawberry daquari was killer!

Glad to hear you both enjoyed. I was there for two days of food and wine festival, but wasn't at BCV, though it is my home resort and I do love it!

Pool Bar at Dunes Cove!! Now that's a great idea:teeth:

I just have to ask.... Both of you had dedicated 2 bedrooms, did they have 2 queens or a queen and pull out sofa in the second bedroom? I'm on a quest and to find all the dedicated 2 bdrm's. So far I have found 17 out of 25. It is unlikely that micks had on on the first floor.

Glad to hear a positive report on BCV!

We were on the 5th floor, overlooking Epcot - rm #533. We had a dedicated 2 bdrm with 2 queen beds in the second bedroom.

Definitely need a pool bar at Dune's Cove! Hurricane Hannah's is just too far away~

I was wondering, why was my post moved? It's pretty much a DVC post and I would think it would be relevant.

I was wondering, why was my post moved? It's pretty much a DVC post and I would think it would be relevant.

It's okay - you're still in DVC land!! You're great report has just been moved over to the new DVC community board which was started a couple of days ago. :D

Glad you had such a good time - it sounds wonderful.

Originally posted by JohnathanS
I am an OKW owner, and love OKW through and through. But I have to say I had a wonderful BCV trip during the Food and Wine Festival last week.......After 2 trips to BCV in the last 2 months, I am ready to give this resort a huge thumbs up.

Great report. After all of the negatives regarding the BCV, it's nice to hear from a non owner who enjoyed it.

HBC

I love BCV! Thanks for the great report! And glad you had a great stay!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: ::yes::

Thanks for your report. I am anxious to return to my BCV "home" in December again.

pinnie

It's nice to hear a positive report, we have a 2bdr booked over spring break when we are taking my parents for their FIRST DISNEY TRIP!! I was getting a little nervous with all the problems posted about BCV. I want this to be perfect for us.

Originally posted by lisareniff
Pool Bar at Dunes Cove!! Now that's a great idea:teeth:

I just have to ask.... Both of you had dedicated 2 bedrooms, did they have 2 queens or a queen and pull out sofa in the second bedroom? I'm on a quest and to find all the dedicated 2 bdrm's. So far I have found 17 out of 25. It is unlikely that micks had on on the first floor.

Glad to hear a positive report on BCV!

Ours was room 134, dedicated 2-BR, but it had one queen bed and one pull out sofa.

Hi,

Thanks for the report!!!! Can't wait to go in DEC!!

Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter