back from disneland Hong Kong- absolutely loved it!!!

mimmi

DIS Veteran
We spendt one day in Disneyland Hong Kong and one night at the Disneyland hotel, the highlight of our Hong Kong-Thailand vacation.
It's true Disneyland is small, the castle is tiny and there aren't many rides but I found this to be an advantage. Whenever I'm in WDW or DLRP I feel pressured to do everything and therefore we have to adhere to strict touringplans and those days are usually very tiring. This time I felt confident we could manage to do everything we wanted in one day, so, for the first time ever, we went at a slow pace, wonderful.
We rode every ride once, Buzz Lightyear even six times, met every available character and were finished by 7 pm which left us with enoug time for dinner before the firework started.
The park is very well kept and the castmembers were very attentive. The thing I didn't really like was the line cutting which happens at almost every ride and not in a subtle way, castmembers sometimes saw what happened but didn't do anything against it, I guess they are just used it, as it happens all the time and everywhere (subway, cashiers at supermarkets, lines for Airport security- everywhere).
Disneyland hotel is gorgeous, we had a tower room that was huge, in the wardrobe were bathrobes and slippers, even small ones for children-so cute!
Character breakfast at Enchanted Garden was great, they have a western style, a chinese and an Indian corner. I don't like sweet food in the morning and partcularly care for eggs, so I feasted on curries, miso soup and dim sum- it was breakfast paradise for me.
Unfortunately the bar (I think it was called "Breeze") closes very early at 9pm and food in the lobby is served until 10:30pm, so if you want to eat after a day in th park you hve to be quick, considering the fireworks start at 9pm on weekends.
By the way: the cast member who sold us the tickets told us that character breakfast is only available for hotel guests here on the board I was told otherwise, I don't know which information is the right one, it's just something to bear in mind if you wat to have breakfast there.
All in all I have to say that, for us, Disneyland Hong Kong was definitely worth seeing and whilst Disneyland Hotel was quite expensive I think the overall value was good.
I didn't like Hong Kong particularly but the day at the Disneyland more than made up for the other days.

We went to HKDL for the first time last week and loved it as well. As you said it is a small park and definitely could use some additions but still loved it. All the cast members were super friendly, helpful, and it was obvious they really love Disney and cared about the park which is one reason we loved it so much.

Yes, I think China (mainlanders?) is notorious for line-cutting.

I was in HK at McDonald's...right behind one person in front of me at the cashier, she moved over...I only waited a split second and BOOM! someone literally came out of nowhere to get in front of me. If I had been in the U.S. I would have been upset, but I heard this was commonplace, so I decided to just let it go.

Apparently mainland China's millions of brand new drivers are taking the same approach to driving with disasterous results :scared1:

We visited HK Disneyland a couple of weeks ago and had a great time too. We were there from opening to closing and had no problem fitting everything in.

We had no problem with line jumping at Disneyland or during our trip to Hong Kong and the mainland. In fact the only line jumping we experienced was at the limo stand at the airport when we arrived home in Toronto.

For the record, we absolutely loved Hong Kong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!