Back from Disney Honeymoon- any questions?

mco-missy

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would fill you in on my background here briefly. We were married on May 17. We live in Orlando, FL- no, we weren't married at Disney. I wanted to go to Disney for our honeymoon but everyone laughed at that idea because we live here and go to Disney A LOT! So, we went to Asheville, NC for a week. I must say that it was wonderful and I had a great time. Then when we came home we went for a 3 day weekend to Disney for the 2nd half of our honeymoon.

So- here's the details. We had booked POFQ but it is closed for renovations. We were upgraded to Boardwalk Inn. It was fantastic. I wore the Minnie headband bridal ears that I ordered from Disneyland. My husband wore the Mickey groom ears. Everyone congratulated us and we got lots of things we didn't expect- like free desserts, autographed pictures, upgraded view on the room....

Oh, by the way, we were there May 31, June 1, and June 2. So, if you have questions ask away!!

no questions really...just wanted to say congratulations!

I'm debating getting the minnie bridal ears from DL...hmmm...they're really better than the "beanie", eh?

Could you give me the information on ordering the Minnie bridal headband from Disneyland? Thanks and congratulations!!

I called the number for Disneyland ordering. I got the number here on this forum. Sorry, but I don't still have it. I ordered mine in March and they arrived in about a week. I thought they were easier to wear than the beanies because they stay on better and weren't as hot.
Good luck and happy hooneymooning!
Lisa

Thanks so much for the info. on ordering the bridal headband!!

Congrats!

What was your favorite Dinner spot? Did you do anything different than on your usual trips?

We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemp. That was a new place for us (my husband wanted steak that night). They gave us a free dessert with our meal.

As far as doing anything different on this trip- We really went to just relax and have fun. We did just a few hours at EPCOT on Saturday, a few hours at AK and Epcot on Sunday, and then a few hours at MK on Monday. We spent more time visiting other resorts and hanging out at our resort. Usually I am much more of a commando visitor. But, it was hot and we have annual passes and live only 40 minutes away. So, we just took it easy this trip.

just a quick question...

How did you get your room view upgrade? Were you wearing your ears at check in? Or did you mention that it was your honeymoon?

thanks in advance

oh, and one more question? Did the hotel do anything special for you in your room?

congrats!!

When we made the original reservation at Boardwalk Inn, I told them that it was our honeymoon. They noted that and requested a king bed room for us. When we checked in (wearing our ears) I asked for a top floor room with a nice view. I told the CM that it didn't matter if it was a king bed or two doubles (or queens?). She gave us our room key and off we went. Once we got into the room I realized there was no balcony. We went back downstairs and I asked a different CM if the rooms had balconies and commented that ours didn't and I just wondered why? He looked on the computer and said "I don't know why you were put in that room." He told us he would be at our room in 5 minutes with a new room key. He moved us to a great room with a king bed and a great view of EPCOT.

|As far as anything in our room- we received a signed picture of Alladin and Jasmine and also a magic moments certificate.

My best advice would be to wear your ears- it was really fun to have everyone congratulate us and you never know what might be done special for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter