Back from doctor......partial amnio results

6_Time_Momma

<font color=blue>Still crazy after all these years
Well, only 1/2 of the test came back. :( The AFP came back normal, which indicates no neural tube defects (spina bifida, anencephaly, etc.), but the chromosomes didn't come back yet, which is my biggest concern.

But, I would think that if the baby had Down Syndrome, that the AFP would have not been normal, so I feel somewhat better although I won't feel entirely better until I have the chromosome results back!!!

Thats good news! Did they give you any idea about when they will come back? I will keep you in my Prayers that the rest of the news will be good.

Saying prayers that everything will be just fine (which I am sure they will be). :D

Keep us posted.

Sounds good so far, although AFP alone isn't always the best indicator of Down Syndrome. Did they give you any indication when the cyotgenetics report would be available? Usually it takes 14 - 21 days to get the final report. It's difficult to wait for that long, but having performed the test myself, I know how important it is to give the cells enough time to become established and grow up well. It's difficult to be patient for results even when this is your job, and you want to get a report out to Mom ASAP.

Do you have a genetic counselor as well? They can be extremely helpful to you, and have a lot of information available for patients and can be very reassuring.

Are you going to find out the sex as well, and if so, do you then plan to keep it a surprise to the rest of the family?

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie. The waiting is just so difficult.

So glad there are no neural tube defects and hoping for the best with the chromosome tests.

Katholyn

It sounds pretty good so far Kristy. I hope everything goes well with the rest of the test.

6_Time_Momma
kristy_nursing.gif

Hugs for you and the new little one on the way. I know it is so hard to wait for test results. My daughter has been going through a lot of tests with her pregnancy too.

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers for more good results!

Good news, Kristy. Saying a prayer that the second part of the test comes back quickly and with the same good outcome.

That's good news. Sending positive thoughts that the rest of the test results come back normal as well.

Glad to hear things are looking good. Hopefully for you the time will pass quickly and you get the next set of text back soon and are also good.

So far, so good, Kristy. My best and prayers are with you, your hubby, and your little baby for good results from the other tests.

Glad to hear at least half of the results are in... and encouraging! I will keep you in my thoughts.

1 down, 1 to go. Hang in there Kristy! Keeping good thoughts for ya;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter