Back from my 4 day SOLO trip to the WORLD!!!

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
I had a better time than in Nov.! Did ALL of the parks, and had a blast!:D Lots of interaction with CM's and other people from France, West Virginia, and New Mexico! Had a great time!:D

So glad to hear that you had fun. A lot of people just can't understand how much fun it is to go by yourself and how much there is to do until they've done it. Sounds like a great trip!

It sure was Bob! I was NOT lonely one time, as the CM's always struck up a conversation, about my shirt, Pin Collection, etc. I guess I need to get into the Pin trading, as I had a lot of people ask if I trade!:D

I would never try to argue that going solo is better or worse than going with family or friends. It is different.

I've had so many people ask me how I can have fun when "you don't have anyone to share the trip with or talk to". I have thousands of people with whom to talk and share!!

Of course groups, couples, families, etc. have all the same possibilities for interaction that solo travelers do. What I've noticed though is that when people are there with others, the tendancy is to interact with just their group or family and not so much those around them.

I got into the hot seat at WWTBAM one time while traveling solo. Now I don't claim that it was an original line, as I've since heard others use something similar, but when asked who was there "with me", I looked around at the theater and said "599 of my nearest and dearest friends!"

If you let it, going solo opens up more opportunities for fun much more than it limits them.

Thanks, Bob! Last time I was at WDW solo, the only time I felt uncomfortable at all was at WWTBAM. I actually didn't want to get in the hot seat, mostly because I didn't know how to respond when the host asked who was with me. Next time I'll remember what you said.

I'm so glad you had such a good time. My second solo is coming up in May. and I'm getting so excited. I just know it will be even better than the first because I know much more now than before.

For the first three days my DD and her BGF are staying with me and we are doing DC and SW. On Monday they leave in the early evening. DD wants to go horseback riding that day and did I want to come? Nope, I told her, you have a good day and safe travel home. I'm heading to the Parks!!!!

Where did you eat? That's my biggest problem. I love a sitdown dinner, but have to learn to not feel funny being "solo".

Where did you stay? Did you feel comfortable and safe?

I've taken 4 solo trips, and on the last one I FINALLY found how to enjoy sit-down meals solo without feeling "funny" about it (and that was the only time I minded being solo). Bring a little notebook and take notes on what you've done, your impressions, what you've bought, etc. I just put the notes in my bag full of souveniers when I got home (along with all my park maps, receipts I saved, etc.). Great memories to look at! Someone also commented that when they sit there taking notes, they seem to get better service-maybe the server thinks they're taking notes for a resturaunt review (LOL-I hadn't thought of that!)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!