Back from Oasis 7 night cruise!

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
As some of you may remember I was a bit hesitant to sail with Royal after our stellar Disney cruise but for anyone who may be waffling and wondering like I was let me put your anxiety or fear to rest - Lady O is awesome!!

We had a fantastic week that neither my husband nor myself wanted to end! The concierge staff, our stateroom host and just about every employee we ran into was pleasant and greeted us with a smile.

The ship will be going into dry dock soon but overall you couldn’t tell by how beautiful the ship is maintained. And speaking of that we were very impressed by how clean the ship was and the ongoing maintenance that was taking place all around us. Overall I would give the trip a solid 9 out of 10 stars and I only take off 1 star for the mass quality of cruise line food - even in the specialty and concierge restaurants.

Any questions - just ask!

Last edited:
As some of you may remember I was a bit hesitant to sale with Royal after our stellar Disney cruise but for anyone who may be waffling and wondering like I was let me put your anxiety or fear to rest - Lady O is awesome!!

We had a fantastic week that neither my husband nor myself wanted to end! The concierge staff, our stateroom host and just about every employee we ran into was pleasant and greeted us with a smile.

The ship will be going into dry dock soon but overall you couldn’t tell by how beautiful the ship is maintained. And speaking of that we were very impressed by how clean the ship was and the ongoing maintenance that was taking place all around us. Overall I would give the trip a solid 9 out of 10 stars and I only take off 1 star for the mass quality of cruise line food - even in the specialty and concierge restaurants.

Any questions - just ask!

Completely agree with your statements above. We previously did three disney cruises and decided to try Royal Caribbean and we loved it. In our opinion there was way more to do than on the dream and the shows were fantastic.

Did you like the shows?? I thought they were pretty bad. The aqua show and ice skating show had talented athletes, but I didn't enjoy them. The dancing girl in the water show made NO sense. I thought Come Fly With Me was absolutely dreadful. Cats was well done, I'm just not a huge Cats fan. 'A few of the comedians were funny and Elvis was okay.

I, too, found the food very mediocre.

As far as the entertainment I think our view may have been a little skewed because we had reserved seating being Sky class and I was honestly so happy not to get jostled by the crowds or having to wait in line I was just overall delighted but no the shows are not Disney quality and we did not go in expecting such.

I too thought the water show was weird but the diving athletics and the outdoor atmosphere plus drinks brought by waitstaff made it bearable!

Did you like the shows?? I thought they were pretty bad. The aqua show and ice skating show had talented athletes, but I didn't enjoy them. The dancing girl in the water show made NO sense. I thought Come Fly With Me was absolutely dreadful. Cats was well done, I'm just not a huge Cats fan. 'A few of the comedians were funny and Elvis was okay.

I, too, found the food very mediocre.
You should look up the “spinning guy on Harmony”. He makes even LESS sense in the context of an aqua show. Impressive spinning though.

................... (1st) Lady O is awesome!!......................(2nd)Any questions - just ask!

1st --- YES, Oasis is awesome!!! We cruised O's Western in a Crown Loft on the previous sailing and enjoyed it more than our Dream concierge cruises. Will not DCL again ---- PERIOD. DW checked out the kids activity program and was very pleased with what she saw. Not being picky eaters or drinkers, we felt the offerings were adequate. Enjoyed Coastal Kitchen and the Lounge but the finger offerings definitely lagged behind the Dream.

2nd --- Did you have a power failure??? :laughing: Just kidding. Our Power Failure was an interesting, at no additional charge, experience and since I had the Bridge Channel on the TV, watching the heading/speed change along with the change in wave action/noise was cool.

Did you find the ship to be overly massive? How does this compare in size to the Dream and Fantasy? TIA!!

We normally cruise with Celebrity, which attracts fewer kids - I keep eying RC as the ships look fun, but I really don't want to cruise with a LOT of screaming kids everywhere. No offense to parents here, but there are too many other parents who let their kids do whatever they feel like, regardless of whether it's intruding on other people's vacation.

How was that aspect of it when you went? RC markets so heavily to families, I'm a bit worried about that.

Did you find the ship to be overly massive? How does this compare in size to the Dream and Fantasy? TIA!!

DW and I had no issues with the size of Oasis; HOWEVER, heard other people complain that it was TOO BIG. Definitely a bigger feel than Dream/Fantasy having Central Park, Boardwalk with Aquatheater, Royal Promenade.

p.s. -- NO MORE SCREAMING KIDS on our 2 Oasis cruises compared to other lines we've been on

Would have to agree here. Don’t get me wrong, there are a LOT of kids on board the Oasis class ships. But because of the size id guess that the craziness is... more dispersed?

It’s also helpful to avoid the kids pool area. The design of Oasis actually helps to facilitate that.

Reactions: shh
1st --- YES, Oasis is awesome!!! We cruised O's Western in a Crown Loft on the previous sailing and enjoyed it more than our Dream concierge cruises. Will not DCL again ---- PERIOD. DW checked out the kids activity program and was very pleased with what she saw. Not being picky eaters or drinkers, we felt the offerings were adequate. Enjoyed Coastal Kitchen and the Lounge but the finger offerings definitely lagged behind the Dream.

2nd --- Did you have a power failure??? :laughing: Just kidding. Our Power Failure was an interesting, at no additional charge, experience and since I had the Bridge Channel on the TV, watching the heading/speed change along with the change in wave action/noise was cool.

We were on the power failure cruise! Other than that we so enjoyed our Star class experience

We were on the power failure cruise! Other than that we so enjoyed our Star class experience

Didn't think there was anything other than "so enjoyed our Star class experience" possible. :)

Afraid we're just going to have to settle for Seaside MSC Yacht Club.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in that with the neighborhood concept it did not ever feel overly crowded on the ship and even though there were tons of kids they did not hamper our enjoyment of the ship. The solarium was a mini Oasis as were other pockets such as Central Park that either restricted children or just did not hold their interests.

I am still in awe of the fantastic time we had! I would get back on board this coming Sunday if I could! We actually met a couple that had spent the past 4 weeks on the ship - now that was impressive!

............ We actually met a couple that had spent the past 4 weeks on the ship - now that was impressive!

r.e. my bold -- Especially if they had an INSIDE CABIN!!!! :rolleyes1 DW and I met a Platinum on a previous Oasis and all she does is inside and said she is always cruising.

We normally cruise with Celebrity, which attracts fewer kids - I keep eying RC as the ships look fun, but I really don't want to cruise with a LOT of screaming kids everywhere. No offense to parents here, but there are too many other parents who let their kids do whatever they feel like, regardless of whether it's intruding on other people's vacation.

How was that aspect of it when you went? RC markets so heavily to families, I'm a bit worried about that.
We were on Allure the week before Thanksgiving. There were hardly any kids.

I agree with others that they do a great job of spreading people around. The only time it seemed crowded was peak breakfast time in the Windjammer buffet.

Reactions: shh

Look carefully at the dates. We cruised the week AFTER Thanksgiving (for that reason) and there were MINIMAL kids and most those were in strollers or smaller so not running around. Next age group up were 20's. It was great.

Look carefully at the dates. We cruised the week AFTER Thanksgiving (for that reason) and there were MINIMAL kids and most those were in strollers or smaller so not running around. Next age group up were 20's. It was great.

Completely agree. There weren’t an abundance of kids and thankfully very few strollers, which are super annoying. Some of the strollers you see at places like Disney are as big as smart cars. lol

Didn't think there was anything other than "so enjoyed our Star class experience" possible. :)

Afraid we're just going to have to settle for Seaside MSC Yacht Club.

You will love the Seaside YC experience. The YC room is definitely not a crown loft suite but the top sail lounge makes up for it. Also having a very nice spa and private pool deck with hot tubs are great. I went almost every day of our weeks visiting the spa for a soak in the thallasotherapy pool, snow room, heated loungers, salt room or the scented showers. My wife loved the sauna and steam rooms. Remember you get free access as a YC guest.

In the top sail lounge ask for the truffle potato chips to munch on will sipping your drinks. Dont forget to get some very good espresso from Venchi coffee bar and some crepes from the creperie in back of the ship on deck 8 if I remember correctly. Visit the champagne bar as they had some interesting drinks there. There was so much to see the first week I was glad I had another week to just relax. Only the drinks with two asterisks are not included in your YC package.

If you have status with hotels or another cruise line make sure you match. MSC matched my diamond plus status to their black status. But have learned the Marriott Platinum Premiere also matches to MSC black.

We can't wait to do seaside again but those crown lofts keep me cruising with royal. If you have any questions, you can PM me.

r.e. my bold -- Especially if they had an INSIDE CABIN!!!! :rolleyes1 DW and I met a Platinum on a previous Oasis and all she does is inside and said she is always cruising.

Yes. Sometimes the price difference between a cruise with a cabin with a balcony and a cruise with an inside cabin... is the price of a cruise with an inside cabin! :scratchin Which, in my case, makes the "no porthole/no balcony" cabin so much more tolerable. :rotfl2:(I just get out more, that's all!)

Yes. Sometimes the price difference between a cruise with a cabin with a balcony and a cruise with an inside cabin... is the price of a cruise with an inside cabin! :scratchin Which, in my case, makes the "no porthole/no balcony" cabin so much more tolerable. :rotfl2:(I just get out more, that's all!)

Wish I could handle inside but I can't. I'd probably pass on going if only option. Just visiting family in theirs I couldn't stay but a few minutes. I have found the Promenade rooms on ships that have them are a great compromise and they didn't cost much more than insides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter