Back from our first trip

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who gave me advice on our trip. We were there from June 16 to 19 and we very much enjoyed it. I was shocked by the fact that pretty much nothing at the parks nor in Paris had AC and we were pretty hot but thankfully we were there before that really bad heat wave. We loved the castle and think it is the prettiest of all the parks. Really enjoyed Phantom Manor, Thunder and Space compared to ours here at home. It was a lot more crowded then I thought it would be since, from what I read the schools in France did not get out till July, but I am thinking maybe people in the UK were out of school? We went on a Mon and Tues and it was pretty crowded. So glad we had this chance though and thank you again for everyone's help and adive! :)

Great to hear you had a good time :)
Don't think the UK had their holidays, but was it more crowded 18 & 19 June? The 18th a mini festival for Toy Story 4 started with some additional meet & greets and activities. That probably brought in more guests, and people arriving on Monday, to be ready for the fun on Tuesday.

Funny - I thought that the parks were pretty empty on the 18th and 19th of June. Definitely got busier starting on the 20th.

We were at DLP on 6/30 and 7/1 and it was very crowded but manageable. We absolutely loved it! We did a 2 week London and Paris trip and no matter which of those cities we were in or attraction or the day of the week everywhere had crowds. There were school groups as the UK had 3 more weeks left and lots of families from the US and other countries on vacation. We did a lot and had a great time!

Hi. Thanks for this post. Do the restaurants /shops have any air conditioning? It may make me re-think the days I stay there? Is there a/c in the ride lines? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. Thanks for this post. Do the restaurants /shops have any air conditioning? It may make me re-think the days I stay there? Is there a/c in the ride lines? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Not the air conditioning you have in the US. Same for hotels. There is air conditioning, but it is not set to the same level as the US is customed to. It will just be a few degrees cooler.

When are you going? Keep in mind that the heatwave we had this year is not the norm, and definitely the length of the heatwave is not the norm.

Not the air conditioning you have in the US. Same for hotels. There is air conditioning, but it is not set to the same level as the US is customed to. It will just be a few degrees cooler.

When are you going? Keep in mind that the heatwave we had this year is not the norm, and definitely the length of the heatwave is not the norm.
We will be there July 5-7. We like our room 72 degrees if possible. We are used to Disneyworld Florida in the summer but now I am re-thinking our stay in Paris. Is this overall typical for Paris or if I move to a non-disney hotel will I get better air-conditioning lol?

We will be there July 5-7. We like our room 72 degrees if possible. We are used to Disneyworld Florida in the summer but now I am re-thinking our stay in Paris. Is this overall typical for Paris or if I move to a non-disney hotel will I get better air-conditioning lol?
More typical for Europe. To be honest, I don't remember if it's even possible to set the temperature to a fixed number.

If anything, the A/C will be worse (if not non-existent) at a non-Disney hotel than at one of the Disney ones. It will definitely not be better. We were there for two weeks in July - the only hotels we stayed in that had A/C were the one at Disney and the one our last night (Holiday Inn near the airport).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter