Back to reality...and the COLD

wilbret

DIS Veteran
ugh. Coming back to north of Atlanta suburbs to 39 degree morning and rain, after a week of mid-high 80s and sun has made today very difficult.

Days like today are when most lottery tickets are sold...

ugh. Coming back to north of Atlanta suburbs to 39 degree morning and rain, after a week of mid-high 80s and sun has made today very difficult.

Days like today are when most lottery tickets are sold...

Yeah, it's chilly now but it's February. We're going to get that this time of year, and I don't even think it's supposed to last. I think you meant to say mid-high 70s the other week. I'm north of Atlanta too, and from what I recall we had a few days of 70s and one day touched 80 or 81. How I wish it had been high 80s....still a few months away from that. But I agree, the commute this morning was rather raw. I try to keep it in perspective, there are plenty of folks who have it far, far worse than we do in ATL.

Nah, I meant mid-high 80s as stated. Helps to note we were in Orlando since last week. Got back around midnight last night...

Every time we head down, it’s a little bit harder to come back.

Yeah, it's chilly now but it's February. We're going to get that this time of year, and I don't even think it's supposed to last. I think you meant to say mid-high 70s the other week. I'm north of Atlanta too, and from what I recall we had a few days of 70s and one day touched 80 or 81. How I wish it had been high 80s....still a few months away from that. But I agree, the commute this morning was rather raw. I try to keep it in perspective, there are plenty of folks who have it far, far worse than we do in ATL.

I live about an hour and a half from Punxsutawney. Everyone thinks AR15's are bad? Well, Ole Phil came out and instead of seeing his shadow, he met me standing there with my AR to which I notified him, "Don't even think about looking down at the ground." So now we have an early spring coming.

You're welcome :D

Hard to empathize, living where it's been below freezing most of the last few weeks and expecting another wintry mix tonight... ;)

Agreed. We were at 1 degree yesterday and have been under a winter advisory all day for freezing rain and some more moving in this weekend. Sooooo sick of this!!!

I live about an hour and a half from Punxsutawney. Everyone thinks AR15's are bad? Well, Ole Phil came out and instead of seeing his shadow, he met me standing there with my AR to which I notified him, "Don't even think about looking down at the ground." So now we have an early spring coming.

You're welcome :D

Unfortunately, our groundhog saw his shadow, and predicted 6 more weeks of winter...
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ge...dow-predicts-6-more-weeks-of-winter/913515637

Left Disney today, it was 83 for most of our days there. Almost took the 6am flight back to Chicago but keep the 3pm flight. Other travelers on that 3pm flight said there 6am flight was cancelled due to weather, ice at Midway. Blah
The street were only wet for the drive home, but it chilly.

......... Every time we head down, it’s a little bit harder to come back.

Many NJ-2-FL-2-NJ winter trips and finally ended them in '86 with THE MOVE. While family members remain "back north" freezing, DW and I have had the AC on due to high humidity and temperatures (80°F+). OH, those "bicycle on trainer" winter exercising days are now instead 150 miles of road riding like this past Tuesday with another ride starting 10PM tonight. Yup, we just had to learn to put up with having to wear shorts almost all year long. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter