Background check question

lsg1

Mouseketeer
I have a question about my DD who is waiting to hear back after her phone interview that she had on Thursday.

Someone posted that there were questions on the application about past arrests and convictions. She said there were no questions of this type on her application. Do you think she missed them?

Long story short, she was arrested for possession of marijuana a few months ago, and rather than plead guilty she is doing a diversionary program and will get a conditional discharge. If she stays clean for 6-12 months, she is cleared and the charge can be expunged from her record, and the lawyer said this is not considered a conviction. So if she were asked if she was convicted she was not...it is also not a felony, it is a misdemeanor. She is a good kid, and was just in the wrong place at the the wrong time. If this was done in our home state she would have just gotten a fine, but unfortunately, she was in another state with stricter laws.

If she does get accepted, I have read that she will get fingerprinted and have a background check after she goes down to WDW during casting. I wish the background check could be done before she goes down. I would hate for her to go down and then get rejected after the background check. She will put the info on any form that asks for it before the background check. She will check 'no' for any convictions, but should probably disclose that she got a conditional discharge since it will most likely come up on her background check. What are the chances that this would disqualify her and she would be sent home?

She's going to run into major problems. The application asks if you have any criminal charges, or charges pending. A misdemeanor absolutely is that. She should have marked yes, and then she is prompted to fill out additional background information to get cleared with a pending misdemeanor. We have several kids get all the way to florida and get sent home after the background check. She needs to call Disney and disclose it. Chances are high if she doesn't and gets to disney she'll be termed before she starts.

She's going to run into major problems. The application asks if you have any criminal charges, or charges pending. A misdemeanor absolutely is that. She should have marked yes, and then she is prompted to fill out additional background information to get cleared with a pending misdemeanor. We have several kids get all the way to florida and get sent home after the background check. She needs to call Disney and disclose it. Chances are high if she doesn't and gets to disney she'll be termed before she starts.
She doesn't remember seeing on the application. I guess she can wait to see if she's accepted before calling. What number would she call to disclose this? I did read that they give you a chance to disclose anything once you're down there before running the background check, but it would be better if she can disclose it beforehand.

She doesn't remember seeing on the application. I guess she can wait to see if she's accepted before calling. What number would she call to disclose this? I did read that they give you a chance to disclose anything once you're down there before running the background check, but it would be better if she can disclose it beforehand.

The background disclosure is no longer a part of the application. Once you accept your position, pay your fees, and choose an arrival date you'll get an email after that with the subject "Disney College Program: Request for Additional Information" that will include two links, one of which is "Pre-Arrival Background Disclosure" and that is when she should disclose her situation. As long as she's honest here, she should be fine. It's the people that lie about stuff because they don't think it's on their record anymore that get sent home when they fingerprint at casting.

Also, make sure your daughter is aware of the possibility of being required to do a drug test. Lifeguards and other safety critical roles get tested usually the day they arrive, but any cast member can be randomly selected for testing as well.

I know that a prior conviction, if previously disclosed, is not an automatic refusal. Try and see!

Many states it is illegal to ask about criminal background on application or during interview, except certain state/ gov't jobs, until they are given a conditional job offer. You might be in a state that has that law. The law was created so criminals with felonies could get jobs.

I am accepted into the Disney college program but I currently have something on my record it will be sealed a month before I arrive but they want my pre arrival disclosure now once my record is sealed I will have an absolutely clean record and they won’t find anything but I don’t know what to put for the pre arrival disclosure

I have a question about my DD who is waiting to hear back after her phone interview that she had on Thursday.

Someone posted that there were questions on the application about past arrests and convictions. She said there were no questions of this type on her application. Do you think she missed them?

Long story short, she was arrested for possession of marijuana a few months ago, and rather than plead guilty she is doing a diversionary program and will get a conditional discharge. If she stays clean for 6-12 months, she is cleared and the charge can be expunged from her record, and the lawyer said this is not considered a conviction. So if she were asked if she was convicted she was not...it is also not a felony, it is a misdemeanor. She is a good kid, and was just in the wrong place at the the wrong time. If this was done in our home state she would have just gotten a fine, but unfortunately, she was in another state with stricter laws.

If she does get accepted, I have read that she will get fingerprinted and have a background check after she goes down to WDW during casting. I wish the background check could be done before she goes down. I would hate for her to go down and then get rejected after the background check. She will put the info on any form that asks for it before the background check. She will check 'no' for any convictions, but should probably disclose that she got a conditional discharge since it will most likely come up on her background check. What are the chances that this would disqualify her and she would be sent home?

Now that I've read this post Im trying to think about when I submitted my application and did my interview. I honestly don't remember being asked anything about criminal history charges or anything of that nature. It's possible they asked whenever I filled out my info online but I dont remember that either. I do know that when you go for Casting, like, the first day they're going to take allllll your information. Fingerprints, ID, and basically do a whole work file for you so it's possible that that's whenever any of those issues will come up.

I never did and am not doing the DCP but whenever I filled out for part-time it was very simple. The application asked for mostly general stuff as far as I can remember. If anyone wants to fill out an application for fun go to Disney Careers to see but I dont think it ever came up...ever. Which is weird. Even the phone interview was pretty relaxed.

If she gets a position that requires testing it might come up again and she might want to voluntarily offer that information or express that to someone early on but otherwise if it's nothing super serious she should be fine.

I am accepted into the Disney college program but I currently have something on my record it will be sealed a month before I arrive but they want my pre arrival disclosure now once my record is sealed I will have an absolutely clean record and they won’t find anything but I don’t know what to put for the pre arrival disclosure
What ended up happening for you?

HELP!! I’m in the same situation, but I’m afraid it won’t be expunged in time for my background check since it can take up to a year. When I did the pre background check, I didn’t disclose anything because I assumed it would be off before August. I’m now 50 days away and it is not off my record yet, what should I do???

HELP!! I’m in the same situation, but I’m afraid it won’t be expunged in time for my background check since it can take up to a year. When I did the pre background check, I didn’t disclose anything because I assumed it would be off before August. I’m now 50 days away and it is not off my record yet, what should I do???
I’m in the same position, i have till December to get these off of my record, what ended up happening for you?

What ended up happening for you?

It's too late for the original poster for this question but this answer is for people who find this forum in the future and have the same question... don't worry! Take a deep breath! Everything will be ok. Back in 2016 I faced the same issue. I had an expungement and a charge sealed on my record (the charges were 7 years old at the time) . They do not ask during the application process. They do the background check stuff after you've been offered a position. I know it sucks, but the answer is that you MUST disclose ANY charges, pending or expunged. Expungements or sealed records are only removed at a certain level of BG checks, basically any criminal/court activity, whether pending or about to be removed, will show up on a deep background check, which Disney supposedly does. HOWEVER, the good news is that if it was (or is about to be) expunged or sealed it will most likely not be an issue, it wasn't an issue for me. I disclosed my charges in my background check. Disney does provide the opportunity for you to explain yourself and I did. My charges were really not good and I still was accepted to my professional internship and I'm happy to say that I ended up getting a job offer after my internship and I've been with the company since then. My recommendation if you were offered a position and checked " no" to the background check thinking that the expungement would not show up, then you should immediately contact your recruiter to say that you misunderstood the nature of the background check and would like to be completely honest and make a correction to the background check. If you do this right away, you will probably be fine. If you hide it, they will find out, and you will be rejected for dishonesty. This has happened to people before who thought their charges were expunged or sealed. So no matter what, disclose it. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!