Backpack

Julz19ski

Earning My Ears
Hi All, What is the most comfortable backpack you all have used for a week in the parks? My DD will be 19 months old when we come in Jan so I'll need some space for a change of clothes, diapers, etc for her. Any suggestions on backpacks? Also any tips on anything unconventional you have brought that was a lifesaver with a toddler? I know the usual sunscreen, wipes, snacks etc.
Thanks!

Hi All, What is the most comfortable backpack you all have used for a week in the parks? My DD will be 19 months old when we come in Jan so I'll need some space for a change of clothes, diapers, etc for her. Any suggestions on backpacks? Also any tips on anything unconventional you have brought that was a lifesaver with a toddler? I know the usual sunscreen, wipes, snacks etc.
Thanks!

My husband has a diaper bag backpack from Columbia, you can't tell it's a diaper bag it's so functional. It also clips on to the stroller pretty well (Both my Bob Motion and his umbrella stroller).

I have a Fisher Price backpack style diaper bag. It really looks like a backpack, but is compartmentalized to hold various baby items. It even has an insulated packet for a bottle or silly cup. I love it and my husband likes that it doesn’t look “girly.” He has no problem taking it along when he takes our son places.

Our favorite park bag is actually my kids' LL Bean deluxe school back packs. They are durable, water resistant, they hold a good amount but they aren't very heavy, and they are comfortable to carry.

I am assuming you will have a stroller. I bought clips that I attached to my stroller and hooked my diaper bag to that instead of carrying it around. We could easily unclip the bag and carry it when we needed to. The clips I bought were JJ cole clips on Amazon, they cost $7. We brought a backpack our 2nd trip there and used the clips for that also.

We use our kids Pottery Barn backpacks, we had an older Star Wars one and the latest one (we actually bought specifically for trips to Disney) Is Harry Potter.

We use to heave a med. size bag, but recently went to REI lightweight that has great ventilation for the back/sholders. It's smaller, but has nice stretchy mesh shoulder traps.

From my experience, decide on minimal gear requirements and get bag that fits. The more I went, the better I felt with not carrying the kitchen sink. also depends if you are leaving park and headed back to hotel to restock after a nap!!! Also stroller or no stroller make difference on weight consideration.

There are lockers in parks, that you can off load if need be.

The pack we used last summer in Disney was a small-medium sized backpack from Eddie Bauer. They have frequent sales and are a little more ergonomic that most regular school backpacks as they also make hiking equipment. If you wait for a sale you can usually buy one for around $30-40... Before kids, my wife and I were avid overnight backpackers, this fit the bill perfectly for Disney, not too big or small, good padding and space for diapers, wipes and baby stuff!

try to keep the bag light. You will put so much into it you don't want the fabric etc to weight you down even more

My wife and I just bought 20L packable backpacks from eddie bauer. With holiday sales and some coupons, they came out to about $8 each. Pack into a little pocket, but unfold into a backpack with 3 storage pockets and 2 side pockets for water bottles/misc items. Taking them in January for the first time, excited to break them in!

We liked to bring extra stuff with us when DD was an infant/toddler because she napped well in the stroller. Since we weren't going back to the hotel, we would rent a locker and keep the extras there. This way the bag we carried with us was lighter and easy to take on rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter