Backpacks

A small backpack actually isn't bad. Security is slightly longer (at least when we were there) and it's a 1 or 2 time a day thing for the benefit of a bag.

Typically on roller coasters we would put our legs through the arm holes and then step on the strap as well.

The only ride that I know you can't take it on is Kali but there are free lockers right next to the ride enterance.

A small backpack actually isn't bad. Security is slightly longer (at least when we were there) and it's a 1 or 2 time a day thing for the benefit of a bag.

Typically on roller coasters we would put our legs through the arm holes and then step on the strap as well.

The only ride that I know you can't take it on is Kali but there are free lockers right next to the ride enterance.

I haven't been down in a number of years, but this is what I did with my backpack when I rode rides.

When I last went into the parks 14 years ago I took a back pack. But, we were down there last week, and since hubby and I were not going into the parks ( last minute trip so no money for parks lol ) I bought a cheap cross body purse from Walmart and it carried at least two water bottles, my hand fan, some hand lotion and the sunscreen. If we had gone into the parks I would have only wanted to only add a rain poncho and I still had room for that in there too. :) As it was he and I resort hopped and it was far easier for me to reach down into my bag to get my water bottle than having to take the back pack off to get to it. :)

Since my kids are no longer in strollers, our family don't need a bunch of stuff -- you won't find the Petes dragging bags of any type through the parks.

i take a clear plastic backpack. I like to look at it and see my stuff safely inside as a I’m moving from one area of the park to the next. I find it easier to look for and find items inside of it when I need them. One security person held my bag over his head and announced “Now, this is the kind of bag everyone should bring!” Kali River Rapids in Animal Kingdom supplies lockers for your bags but that is the only ride I did not bring my bag on. Ohh, I should mention I don’t do the big coasters, Everest and Aerosmith. I’ll take a break and keep everyone’s bags while they ride not because we have to but since I’m not going on we can....
1. Phone
2. Battery (I like the fuel rod. It’s compact has an adapter so it works with everyone’s phone. I can switch it out for a battery with a full charge instantly if I need to)
3. Ball cap
4. Ears
5. Bandaids Mole skin
6. Sunglasses
7. Zip lock bags
8. Tooth picks
9. Brita Water Bottle
10. Trading Pins
11. Tissues, napkins
12. Sun Screen
13. Parasol (because sometimes I am just done with the sun)
14. Small neat sheet -for sitting on the ground
15. Credit Card, ID, Annual Pass, $10 - 20 in 1’s and 5’s
16. Poncho (which i only forget when it rains)
17.Fruit, cheese, nuts for snacks.
18. A small Ratatouille Key chain as a reminder to not ever pay $16 for a Disney Scavenger Hunt Map again. Since I have not ever felt so “Ripped Off” in my life.
19. Two pair of reading glasses
I’m a commando touring the parks - there for rope drop and leave at closing time. We rent a locker for our lunch cooler (frozen bottles of water to keep our lunch cold in the cooler instead of Ice packs) and buy a nice dinner in the park. I stuff the nearly empty lunch cooler into my park for the afternoon and we all snack on what ever is left in there while we wait for the fireworks show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!