Backstage Magic (and ABD) newbie question

Shira Gertz

Earning My Ears
Hi All, We are finally going to bite the bullet and book a backstage magic ABD for our 15th anniversary next year. We are looking at the October 20th or November 10th departure. The Oct 20 is adults only but on the Nov 10th due to timing I doubt there would be many if any kids. Any other real differences one can come up with based on dates? Halloween vs Christmas? Thanks

I would suggest looking at some previous trip reports for the difference between Christmas and Halloween. I remember that the Halloween ABDs almost always got tickets the DL Halloween Party and the Christmas ABDs got some different surprises - like the famous Jolly Holiday Bakery Candy Canes. With the November 10th date - that might be a little early for Christmas though. Have a great time.

Hi All, We are finally going to bite the bullet and book a backstage magic ABD for our 15th anniversary next year. We are looking at the October 20th or November 10th departure. The Oct 20 is adults only but on the Nov 10th due to timing I doubt there would be many if any kids. Any other real differences one can come up with based on dates? Halloween vs Christmas? Thanks
I think that Nov. 10th date will be over a holiday (Veteran's Day?) so I'd check if you will be at the parks that day. Could be very crowded.

BSM with Monday holidays tend to not visit Henson studios. While this may not be an issue with Veterans Day, it may be, so be prepared. We did the adult only trip in December last year. I have a trip report posted here if you want to read about it. I’ve heard it is awesome to be in DL for the not so scary party.

Good point about the holiday and Jim Henson studios. Also, there are strong rumors that the Halloween party will be moved to California Adventure in 2019 due to the expected crowds in Disneyland for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

I would recommend avoiding Veteran's Day weekend. We were at DL for that weekend in 2016 and it was the busiest that I've ever seen a Disney park (but note that I refuse to go during Christmas break). There was a holiday weekend, the start of the Christmas decoration season and a race weekend.

Ugh. I signed up for the Nov 10
ABD because it works for my schedule best. Since it’s on a Monday I wouldn’t think the park would matter much since we wouldn’t arrive until Tuesday. I’ve been before that weekend and the holiday was busy but after was fine. I don’t mind a possible change besides the parks.

BSM with Monday holidays tend to not visit Henson studios. While this may not be an issue with Veterans Day, it may be, so be prepared. We did the adult only trip in December last year. I have a trip report posted here if you want to read about it. I’ve heard it is awesome to be in DL for the not so scary party.

This isn't accurate. I did a BSM over President's Day in February and we still went to the Hensen Studios, we just went on Tuesday, along with Walt Disney Studios and Imagineering.

Thanks so much for all the info. October it is! Halloween party (in either park) + no holiday Monday (we would be super sad if Henson studios were cancelled).

Hensen Studios doesn't get cancelled. It gets moved to the next day. We went over President's Day and did Hensen in the morning, then the Walt Disney Studios and Imagineering. By moving the Hensen Studios we actually go to visit Walt's Train Barn in Griffin Park.

That is why I am going on October 13 as I hope to snag a free MVSHP ticket....that would be so cool!!

This isn't accurate. I did a BSM over President's Day in February and we still went to the Hensen Studios, we just went on Tuesday, along with Walt Disney Studios and Imagineering.

Then they have just recently made this change because this hasn’t been this case in the past. That must make for a very busy Tuesday and cuts into studio/imagineering time, which I think is unfortunate, but that’s just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts