Backstage Magic/SoCal Short Escape & SWGE

Okay everyone we wrapped up the ABD part of our trip yesterday and here’s the scoop on SWGE- ABD didn’t do anything special. They made sure we knew how to make reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s and told us the best time to go during our days in the park but there was no special access or backstage time.

With the crowds right now we had no problem doing everything we wanted in SWGE, even without help from ABD (we also stayed all day on the last day of the trip when all you have with the group is breakfast). So if you’re going in the next few weeks I wouldn’t expect anything different. If you want to see most of both parks and spend a lot of time in SWGE, I highly recommend staying through the last day and making use of all 4 days of the DL tickets you get. Who knows when they’ll change it up and maybe add some special SWGE stuff to the itinerary.

Anyway if you have any other questions, let me know! We are still on vacation through Sunday night so I may not respond until Monday.

Thanks for this! I've already planned to stay an extra night to take advantage of that last day for our AbD next month, so it looks like I made a wise decision.

We are going on the next trip! We arrive a day early in Hollywood on the 19th, our trip starts on the 20th!
Forgot we were still in 2019! I'm going on this week's tour... a year from now. I'm getting married this year on the 19th of October and we're planning to hit the ABD for our anniversary!

Okay everyone we wrapped up the ABD part of our trip yesterday and here’s the scoop on SWGE- ABD didn’t do anything special. They made sure we knew how to make reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s and told us the best time to go during our days in the park but there was no special access or backstage time.

With the crowds right now we had no problem doing everything we wanted in SWGE, even without help from ABD (we also stayed all day on the last day of the trip when all you have with the group is breakfast). So if you’re going in the next few weeks I wouldn’t expect anything different. If you want to see most of both parks and spend a lot of time in SWGE, I highly recommend staying through the last day and making use of all 4 days of the DL tickets you get. Who knows when they’ll change it up and maybe add some special SWGE stuff to the itinerary.

Anyway if you have any other questions, let me know! We are still on vacation through Sunday night so I may not respond until Monday.
Hi, we were in the same tour group with you (see if you can guess which ones were us). Enjoyed being on the tour with you, and looking forward to reading your TR. ttfn

Hi, we were in the same tour group with you (see if you can guess which ones were us). Enjoyed being on the tour with you, and looking forward to reading your TR. ttfn
Hmm is your user name a hint as to your location?? If it is then I think I know!

Hmm is your user name a hint as to your location?? If it is then I think I know!
Yep, there is a bit of a hint there. Hope you two had a great time with your extra days. We did go back to the parks Friday morning. Got another ride on Smugglers Run. 25 minutes in single rider line and we still got to ride together. Had to meet out ride to LAX at noon. Was a great trip. Take care!

/s Fellow Nikon User

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!