Backstage Magic Tour

Cristy

Ferdinand the Bull philosophy major
Just booked this tour and got a 15% discount off the price. Here's the question:
Should I have received a 15% discount as stated on the American Express discounts on the site, or 20% as stated on the tours explanation on this site? When I made ressies they said the both AMEX and the DC were 15%. I posted over here, as I did not receive any reply on the budget board.

Cristy,

Could be that the only people that can answer this question haven't seen it. I did the Backstage Magic Tour but it was 5-6 years ago. I did use the AMEX discount and as recall it was 20% at that time. I know that probably doesn't help much as it could obviously have changed in that time but I didn't want you to think that no one was reading the post. Just no one with answers, I'm afraid.

Bob - Thanks for answering. I believe you are correct about people viewing, but I thought perhaps a moderator would answer. Did you get to take a lot of photos, and were any unique scenes?

I would have appreciated the correct information. I received a 15% discount. I'm still really looking forward to it, as I know this is not one tour my DH would attend.

However, I know that Pete likes to keep the board updated to keep people better informed and there are two different answers to this (15%/20%) and one of the sites needs updated. I just wanted to know which one was going to change; the American Express or Backstage Tours. I'll guess I'll just keep one eye out for the answer!

I think that you will find that there will be few if any opportunities to take pictures on the Backstage Magic Tour. It is almost 100% "backstage" and no pictures are allowed.

Although I do not know the "official" answer, my guess would be that the discount for AMEX is 15%. It is true that the AMEX discount on this tour was 20% in the past, but I think Disney is trying to bring all of its' "discounts" (DC, AP, AMEX) in line with each other, so a change would not surprise me.

As for pictures, the previous post is basically correct, there are some occasions where you will be able to take pictures (when "onstage") where you are basically in the normal guest areas. Photography in the backstage areas is expressly prohibited (including areas like the monorail facility, etc.) They say they will destroy your film if they catch you taking a picture.

I was told that the discount is now 15% regardless of which discount you are using. Too bad they dropped from 20% but at least they still give us a discount. :)

Let us know how you enjoyed the Backstage Tour when you return from your trip. It sounds like fun.

Katholyn

There are few opportunities for photos and the bulk of the tour is backstage. Lunch time and at the MK 3pm parade are the only definate ones. Depending on what they do at living Seas you can take pics there. On one tour we were backstage, another was on stage. The guide will tell you when you can takes pictures. At places you cannot take pictures they suggest you leave the camera on the bus. It is safe as the driver remains with the bus at all times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter