Bacon: Microwave or Frying Pan?

Wow. I never really considered options other than frying pan. Even though my mom uses the microwave and I have cooked bacon wrapped chicken in the oven before. Hmm...

Oven gets another vote from me. I can't remember the last time I cooked bacon in a frying pan or microwave.

ETA: I line my baking sheet with foil first. That makes clean-up super easy.

Me too. Foil lined cooking in the oven was life changing...unfortunately, I got terrible food poisoning at the Dolphin in Aug. off of bad bacon and I still can't eat it. My life has been diminished.

I have a bacon cooker thing I use to cook it in the microwave. I have never cooked it in a pan or oven.

Always use the oven. You can cook a lot more at one time and far less greasy. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (absorbs grease so oven doesn't smoke) and place the bacon on a wire rack so the grease drips away as you cook. Comes out very even and flat. Microwave is faster, but you can't cook as much at one time and also tends to cook unevenly.

Oven. Easiest, less messiest, way to cook bacon. I use foil on my baking sheet, lay the bacon on it, and voila, bacon with ZERO mess.

Oven.Fresh ground pepper and a good sprinkle of brown sugar.Beautifully cooked bacon with a wonderful peppery sweet coating.Delightful.

Most often the microwave.

On occasion in a pan. I like it this way more but it takes longer and I end up burning it half the time.

Would love to try out the oven. What do those that use the oven use to cook it?

I take the frying pan any day, but i must admit, and I hate myself for this, I often just use the pre cooked you warm up in microwave

Does anyone just get precooked bacon? I've seen this before, and it's not refrigerated.

fully-cooked-bacon.aspx

It does seem kind of strange though. It comes out as 2.52 oz from 10 slices of thick cut bacon. I bought 10 slices of thick cut bacon and it weighed 1 lb. So I was buying 1 lb of mostly fat and water.

I don't care for microwave to smell like bacon an I don't ever fry less than 1lb off bacon at a time often 2 or 3 lbs. NO desire to have bacon grease all over oven so I pan fry it but then I also cover any burners I not using to save on cleaning the stove. Much easier to clean a burner cover than take apart burner an clean it.

Yep, in the oven at 400, takes about a half hour, maybe a little less. Microwave only if time is a factor, haven't fried bacon in a skillet in 30 years?
:thumbsup2 I like using the oven because a large cookie sheet holds more than my frying pan and it all comes out nicely flat, but sometimes I still fry when I'm pressed for time. A pan on the stovetop takes less than 1/2 the time of baking it.

Oven.
I've also found that leftover cooked bacon can be reheated very quickly in the microwave, and it comes out as if I just made it. (I cover it with a paper towel to eliminate spatters.)

if the weather is nice we cook it on the grill.....

...otherwise usually in the oven.

I remember my mom doing bacon in the mircrowave 25 years ago, and I always thought it tasted nasty.

Only frying pan. May try something new after reading this.

Just how long in oven, and at what temperature ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter