Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Yes- Of Cousre- but don't worry if it does happen you will be taken care of

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Why would you give me this new fear

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

gopher101

I love to plan trips
The nightmare (like an actual sleeping nightmare)

So we had finally arrived at WDW after a three day road trip with my disabled dad and disabled sister. We went to go check in at CBR and we heard these people bragging about how they got the dates they wanted even though Disney would not let them book. I just overheard and went on my merry way to the check in desk only to be told that the people in our room decided to extend their stay and were keeping our room. They said we had two options we could lose our walk in shower room and fifth sleeper that would only cost us $400 more because we lost our discount because we were rebooking last minute. Or we get a walk in shower little mermaid suite with fold out couch for $1200 more. I told them the former could not work because my dad needs the walk in but we could not afford the latter. The manager was treating me like I was trying to scam them. My sister was crying and my dad was getting really mad so I sent them to get something to eat, and the manager yelled out do not comp their food. Since we were getting no where, the manager would not budge from the two options he gave me, I called up an offsite hotel to stay at that meet our needs why I was trying t figure things out. The next day Disney reluctantly gave me a refund, said I cancelled too late and were doing me a favor. So we headed home. I had another week left of vacation and just wanted to wallow in self pity but my manager called me up and said he saw what happened on facebook, and was cutting my second week out and expected me at work tomorrow or else. So I found out I was a facebook viral sensation and cried most of the next day at work because peope would not leave me alone about it.

Sorry about the long story, just wanted to vent it out to some people who might just understand why this was a nightmare. Also got me wondering, what would Disney do in this situation. If my room has a layover, and I need a walk in shower, and my resort does not have anymore, where do they put me. regular room- new resort.

Also I have a new fear. That I will get all the way to wdw and not have the room I booked and payed for.

ps- the poll is just for fun

Last edited:
So we had finally arrived at WDW after a three day road trip with my disabled dad and disabled sister. We went to go check in at CBR and we heard these people bragging about how they got the dates they wanted even though Disney would not let them book. I just overheard and went on my merry way to the check in desk only to be told that the people in our room decided to extend their stay and were keeping our room. They said we had two options we could lose our walk in shower room and fifth sleeper that would only cost us $400 more because we lost our discount because we were rebooking last minute. Or we get a walk in shower little mermaid suite with fold out couch for $1200 more. I told them the former could not work because my dad needs the walk in but we could not afford the latter. The manager was treating me like I was trying to scam them. My sister was crying and my dad was getting really mad so I sent them to get something to eat, and the manager yelled out do not comp their food. Since we were getting no where, the manager would not budge from the two options he gave me, I called up an offsite hotel to stay at that meet our needs why I was trying t figure things out. The next day Disney reluctantly gave me a refund, said I cancelled too late and were doing me a favor. So we headed home. I had another week left of vacation and just wanted to wallow in self pity but my manager called me up and said he saw what happened on facebook, and was cutting my second week out and expected me at work tomorrow or else. So I found out I was a facebook viral sensation and cried most of the next day at work because peope would not leave me alone about it.

Sorry about the long story, just wanted to vent it out to some people who might just understand why this was a nightmare. Also got me wondering, what would Disney do in this situation. If my room has a layover, and I need a walk in shower, and my resort does not have anymore, where do they put me. regular room- new resort.

Also I have a new fear. That I will get all the way to wdw and not have the room I booked and payed for.

ps- the poll is just for fun

thanks @phorsenuf

It wouldn't happen. If you're in a room and want to extend your stay, you don't just get to stay in your room.

Also, you got me. I totally thought this really happened.

I was confused too. I thought this really happened. I was thinking to myself, they would never allow people to stay in a room you had booked. Glad this was just a nightmare.

I voted "just stop"

If you really, truly had this dream...then maybe your subconscious is telling you to cancel.

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to make you think it was real. I made it more clear it was a sleeping nightmare not a real one. I just thought it might be fun to have a thread for any Disney 'nightmares' you might have.

I voted "just stop"

If you really, truly had this dream...then maybe your subconscious is telling you to cancel.

I think it was more for the part about my boss than Disney. Because I know Disney would never treat me like that but my boss would.

I always have nightmares before a big vacation. Usually in the variety of I get there and forgot to bring our park tickets or book the hotel etc. None of them have ever come true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter