Bag check locations for wheelchairs? DAS procedure.

Friendly Frog

DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.
Is the DAS now on the magic band to make a ride selection, or do you still need to go to the ride?

Is there a link to information for the new ( well new for me) bag check line locations, and more specific the wheelchair/ECV bag check locations in each park?

Also looking for the wheelchair fireworks viewing locations in each park.

Thanks.

Is the DAS now on the magic band to make a ride selection, or do you still need to go to the ride?

Is there a link to information for the new ( well new for me) bag check line locations, and more specific the wheelchair/ECV bag check locations in each park?

Also looking for the wheelchair fireworks viewing locations in each park.

Thanks.

Just a quick tip - if you have a lot of supplies to bring along for the day, putting things into clear zip-lock bags will help keep everything sorted and makes bag check go *much* faster if you have a lot of medical supplies for them to go through.

Hollywood studio dose have separate wheelchair lines for bag check ( none wheelchair users can also use them too ) if I remember correctly they are off to the side ( at the ends as fair as getting a DAS return time you have to go to the ride it self I have had good luck going to the guest experience team for them too ( my signature has more information) but some have been told to go to the ride. Hollywood studio dose not have a wheelchair area for the fireworks but MK and EPCOT dose.

BAG CHECK:
The bag check areas are in the same general areas as they were before and are pretty obvious. The only one we saw people going the wrong direction to was Epcot - it’s now underneath the monorail.
There are no separate lines designated for wheelchair users.
Hollywood Studio was the only park where we saw some specific lines labeled as ‘wheelchair’.
That appeared to be because 2 bag check tables shared one metal detector.
The metal detector was more in front of one table, so there was less space for a wheelchair to go thru using that table than the other table.
Other than that, there was no difference and guests using mobility devices could use any lines (We used both and no one said anything to us).
Epcot had electronic lines that we saw only said ‘Guest Entrance’ or ‘Next Line’ for the closed ones.

DAS RETURN TIMES on Magicbands/ electronic tickets:
DAS still works the same as before. It’s just that the Return Times show up on My Disney Experience. Return Times are still obtained at individual attractions.
MK, AK and the Studio have Guest Experience kiosks where people have been able to get DAS Return Times (some have reported not being able to, so it’s worth it to try, but don’t be surprised to be told no).
EPCOT is reportedly not getting the kiosks until sometime in 2020.

Thanks. I never used a special line in the past, but I happened to recently see a post on here talking about someone getting moved out of a line, and having to go to the back of another special wheelchair line. I just want to avoid that if possible. :-)

I has also head rumors years ago that Disney was going to have bag checks at the resort bus drop off and it would be different than the area that non resort guests used? So that did not happen?

I agree, the clear bags work well. It would be great if Disney would put that tip on their web site. I use a big clear travel bag so that when I lay it down on the table, I can pat it and all content appear only one item thick. Security always complements me on doing it that way. It has a handle on the bag, so it makes it easy for me to grab it and move away from the security table and all the people, and only then do I put the clear bag into a non backpack that has no zippers.

Thanksalso for the metal detector reminder, that is new to me too. Guess I need to remember to empty my pockets of any metal ahead of time too.

Thanks. I never used a special line in the past, but I happened to recently see a post on here talking about someone getting moved out of a line, and having to go to the back of another special wheelchair line. I just want to avoid that if possible. :-)

I posted recently about that. At International Gateway wheelchairs and ECVs must go through the first two bag check lines on the far right hand side, at least that was true as of last month. We found out the hard way.

I posted recently about that. At International Gateway wheelchairs and ECVs must go through the first two bag check lines on the far right hand side, at least that was true as of last month. We found out the hard way.
interesting.
we used that entrance into Epcot with a wheelchair one of the first days of November.
we didn’t see any signs and used one of the middle bag checks.

We did notice that the area was kind of cramped and didn’t look like it was in its final form.
I wonder if the reason they routed your group to the far right side and not our group was connected to the area still being worked on.

interesting.
we used that entrance into Epcot with a wheelchair one of the first days of November.
we didn’t see any signs and used one of the middle bag checks.

We did notice that the area was kind of cramped and didn’t look like it was in its final form.
I wonder if the reason they routed your group to the far right side and not our group was connected to the area still being worked on.

Sue, it was Nov 2nd when we started out in one of the left lines and were told we had to use either line 1 or 2 on the far right. It was quite the hassle to get there through the mass of people who’d just disembarked from a friendship boat and the gondolas. Plus, then we were once again at the back of the line. When we went through the next day we knew where to be although I didn’t see anything marking those two lines as specific for WC/ECV. That said, there was still a lot of area blocked off with construction. Maybe since then it’s more opened up, now making it possible to take mobility devices through all lines? Or maybe it had to do with how crowded it was when we went through.

Sue, it was Nov 2nd when we started out in one of the left lines and were told we had to use either line 1 or 2 on the far right. It was quite the hassle to get there through the mass of people who’d just disembarked from a friendship boat and the gondolas. Plus, then we were once again at the back of the line. When we went through the next day we knew where to be although I didn’t see anything marking those two lines as specific for WC/ECV. That said, there was still a lot of area blocked off with construction. Maybe since then it’s more opened up, now making it possible to take mobility devices through all lines? Or maybe it had to do with how crowded it was when we went through.
It’s quite a puzzle.
I was trying to figure out which days we came in that way. I know it was after November 2. We had come from Hollywood Studios using the Skyway.
The only thing I can think of was maybe all the lines except the 2 they told you to use were too close together for a wheelchair or ECV to fit thru. My daughter’s wheelchair is well less then 30 inches wide, so it may not have mattered which line we were in.

Last edited:
So the FastPass+ locations that I see on the maps for people to make new fast passes. can you not also make a DAS selection there?

So the FastPass+ locations that I see on the maps for people to make new fast passes. can you not also make a DAS selection there?
No. You go to the ride. In some instances you can get a return time from guest assidtance stands but when they are busy they will direct you to the ride itself.

No. You go to the ride. In some instances you can get a return time from guest assidtance stands but when they are busy they will direct you to the ride itself.
Agree.
the Fastpass locations on the map are mostly banks of machines that may or may not have a CM to assist people having problems with using the machine. DAS Return Times can’t be arranged there.
Each park except Epcot has Guest Experience umbrellas where the CM may be able to assign DAS Return Times. If they are busy or their device isn’t letting them access the DAS system, they will direct you to the attraction itself.

The easiest way to handle security is to have no bags, then you can just go through the no bag line, even with an ecv

The easiest way to handle security is to have no bags, then you can just go through the no bag line, even with an ecv

Many folks have to carry medical supplies, so while that is an *ideal* solution, it's better to be realistic - and prepared 🙂

Additionally, any attached basket, bag, undercarriage shelf, or other storage may still be searched, and my most recent experience with WDW bag check suggests that it will be. I'm always super transparent with Security about exactly where the storage is on my device (including one small bag attached to the main storage that isn't readily visible unless you are seated on the unit) because it seems to me that's the best policy when dealing with any kind of security/bag check.

But don't be surprised if you go through with "no bags", but they still stop and check any attached baskets, etc. And even if you do have to spend a few extra minutes at Security... you are still at Disney World, and about to have fun! 😄

Many folks have to carry medical supplies, so while that is an *ideal* solution, it's better to be realistic - and prepared 🙂

Additionally, any attached basket, bag, undercarriage shelf, or other storage may still be searched, and my most recent experience with WDW bag check suggests that it will be. I'm always super transparent with Security about exactly where the storage is on my device (including one small bag attached to the main storage that isn't readily visible unless you are seated on the unit) because it seems to me that's the best policy when dealing with any kind of security/bag check.

But don't be surprised if you go through with "no bags", but they still stop and check any attached baskets, etc. And even if you do have to spend a few extra minutes at Security... you are still at Disney World, and about to have fun! 😄
All true, but if you have no bags, then you don't have to wait in the security line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter