Baggage fee question

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
We can book a flight on alaska, using our companion fare for 4 for 1090. No checked fee and we earn miles

We can book on united for 850 plus bag check fee.

We will be checking 2 bags. United's website says first bag is $30 and the 2nd is $50. If I check one and my husband checks one, is that at total of $60 or $80?

We are really familiar with alaska so i mostly know what I'm getting. Anything else I should know about united?

Last edited:
We can book a flight on alaska, using our companion fare for 4 for 1090. No checked fee and we earn miles

We can book on united for 850 plus bag check fee.

We will be checking 2 bags. United's website says first bag is $30 and the 2nd is $50. If I check one and my husband checks one, is that at total of $60 or $80?

We are really familiar with alaska so i mostly know what I'm getting. Anything else I should know about united?
When are you traveling? AS is still leaving middle seats open (at least until 1/6) if that matters to you, UA is flying full.

We upgraded our luggage to the really big one and paid for one bag... that I bought at a resale shop for 5.00

When are you traveling? AS is still leaving middle seats open (at least until 1/6) if that matters to you, UA is flying full.
I'm not sure the middle seat open really makes anything safer, I think it's more an optics thing. People aren't 6 feet away with the middle seat open. We've been flying during COVID and have had a variety of options and have luckily been fine.

I'm not sure the middle seat open really makes anything safer, I think it's more an optics thing. People aren't 6 feet away with the middle seat open. We've been flying during COVID and have had a variety of options and have luckily been fine.
Everybody has their own opinion on the middle seat thing and reasons for such. I mentioned it ONLY in case it mattered to OP because I know it matters to some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter