Bahama Cruise - January or March?

skelley12

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide on which time to go to the Bahamas for a 3 day cruise. Mid-January or Mid-March? Thoughts???

Thanks!!

Thoughts:
1. 3 nights is too short
2. Which costs less?
3. Any school/work conflicts?

1) Agree but hubby won't go longer.
2) January cost less
3) yes, conflicts to both dates, but its over a weekend, so it won't be that bad.

Would one be warmer than the other? or will they be about the same temp?

March will be warmer, but to me, part of the appeal of a midwinter cruise is escaping from the cold at home to go somewhere a lot warmer. It's always been warm enough to swim during our winter cruises. The weather has also been perfect for bicycling around Castaway Cay. There is also less chance of encountering sea lice & mosquitos in January.

We've loved our 3-night cruises, btw. Relax and enjoy yourselves, and don't feel pressured to do anything that doesn't really appeal to you. Don't rush around trying to do everything. Arriving early and rested on embarkation day helps you make the most of your time, as well.

Last edited:

We've been to CC once in Jan and 3 times mid March. I thought the water was chilly all 4 times, however I'm a whimp. My dd and dh were fine jumping in while I gladly stayed on my beach chair sipping mojitos.

If you have the capacity to switch to "vacation mode" easily, a 3 nights can be perfect. Staying on the ship in Nassau can also give you more time to take advantage of the ship...

3 nights on a cruise is wayyy better than zero. ;)

Last edited:

I'd go in March. We've gone a few times mid-December and the water was very cold. On one cruise we didn't use our balcony and wore capris and jackets on CC! January will be even colder. If water temps are not a concern, then I'd go with whichever one is less expensive.

Mid-March will have higher airfare and cruise prices because a lot of big states including Texas have their spring breaks in early to mid March. Just sayin.

Agree with PP, March is Spring Break time for many schools and universities. I'm attending Univ. of NM and it is March 10-16, 2019.

Since it will likely be pretty cool both months, I say go with January and save some money.

Been in March once. 1st week of March. Water was a bit chilly but we loved the mild temps bike riding.

Been in January and there were people swimming then. Not us, but the weather was nice enough certainly to enjoy strolling around the island or bike riding. (not to mention what past posters have said about cheaper rates!)

I think it just depends on which one works best for your schedule. I have done both, and enjoyed both of them. When it comes to the weather, its hard to say, but January water temps are colder, while air temps were still nice. I personally dont like it sweltering, so it worked great for us. January is cheaper also, and it was wonderful to get away for a break after the hectic holiday season. It gave us something fun to look forward to after everything went back to normal after everyone went back to school. I think you will enjoy yourself whichever month you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter