• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bahamas weather

C

candyht

I have a question about Bahamas weather. I've been the checking weather forecast for Nassau the past few weeks. I haven't seen a forecast yet with steady rain, just showers or thunderstorms. I'm just curious if this is the norm.

weather in Bahamas is similar to here in S Fla this time of year...short showers and an occasional t storm. However, since this is an el nino year, the weather is a little more unpredictable...

BTW, I noticed you're from LI...i grew up in Merrick

:D

We were on the Dec. 1st Wonder. I checked the weather on the internet right before we left and it looked as if the weather in the Bahamas and Fla. would be about the same with highs in the upper 60s/low 70s. Debarkation day in Fla. was kind of chilly up on Deck 10 for the sailaway party(60s). Nassau and Freeport were in the 80s. My wife and I snorkeled in Freeport and it wasn't cold at all. Castaway Cay was great weather as well but the water was a little cooler on the family beach. Serenity bay(the adult beach) seemed a little warmer maybe it has to due with the side of the island your on and the fact that Serenity bay opens up more to the direct ocean.When we returned to Fla. the weather was great Thurs. during the day. We went to the beach in Port Canaveral and collected shells and got our feet wet. Thurs. night at MVMCP it poured and never let up.We packed cheap ponchos and had a great time. It never got cold, just wet. Friday at Epcot I don't think the temperature reached 50. I just had a light jacket so I was pretty cool. We kept buying hot chocolate. So don't go totally by the weather reports. Tip: we did check the weather on our motel tv the night before our cruise and found out about the rain moving in Thurs. so we went and bought our ponchos at Family Dollar in Port Canaveral before our cruise. Four of them cost me $10. I saw people standing in long lines at MK to buy them for $7 apiece. When we were at CC they said that was the best weather that they had there in the last couple of weeks. I hope that you have excellent weather on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter