Bahia Hotel San diego ~ comments other hotel suggestions?

tinkcc99

Earning My Ears
We are looking for a hotel in San Diego. We would like something close to the beach and with a pool. We have 2 9yr olds. Has anyone any comments on Bahia Hotel & Resort? Any other Hotel or resorts that you would recommend?

We are also looking for a hotel in San Diego. I had heard about the Bahia and thought the website looked interesting - but unless I'm missing it, I can't find the Bahia in my AAA book. Just not sure i'd want to take the chance on a hotel that wasn't AAA rated. What do you think?

DH and I have stayed at the Bahia to attend a wedding in their banquet room. We enjoyed our stay. The bride and groom (San Diego residents) had recommended it. The room was clean, the landscaping nice.

Actually, we had originally booked the Dana Inn (less expensive than the Bahia) but we got a room with noisy neighbours who partied into the wee hours. Add into the equation really thin walls. Needless to say, we checked out that morning to go to the Bahia, which was mighty more pleasant and peaceful in comparison. The service and staff at the Bahia was friendly.

As I said in the above post, (about San Diego hotels), we've stayed their several times. The location is great and my DD9 loves it there. They also have an area where they rehabilitate seals which is interesting and nice for the kids. Walking distance to beach, great pizza (luigi's) and Bellmont park (amusements)., and a park with playground. You can see Sea World fireworks nightly also. Try to get a room with a kitchenette.

Don't worry about the quality of this hotel. I can't imagine it not being AAA rated.

Good Luck
Jenn

You mentioned not finding it in AAA. - Try looking in the city of Mission Bay (which is sort of a suburb of San Diego) you may find it listed there instead, as the hotel is really close to the city line swap.

P.S. - Check out the reviews of it on travelocity - doesn't sound superb, but if all you're looking for is a clean bed, than it may work out. Than again, I've never stayed there.

Just trying to help.
~Tina

We stayed there about 4 years ago. Got a great deal through getawaytoday travels. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. Our room had a full kitchen, dinning table 2 Queen beds and a sofa bed. I stay there again and recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!