• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

balcony on 4th floor studios at vwl?

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
Hi all- read a thread awhile ago where the poster said he was in a 4th floor studio at vwl which did not have a balcony. Since I had just booked a studio and requested a 4th floor water view before reading that post, I called MS to ask if this could be right. She then called the vwl directly and was told that all studios DO have balconies regardless of the floor. Do I trust MS or call back and make a point of saying I want a balcony even though they are all supposed to have one anyway? :confused: :earsgirl:

We had a studio room located on the 4th floor on our trip in May and our room did have a balcony.

If upon arrival to your room, you do not have a balcony in your studio, call the front desk and ask to be moved to one that does. I'm sure if they have one available, they'd be happy to give you another room.

that the person who did not have a balcony in the studio at VWL is the only person who has visited the resort and had a unit without a balcony or patio. The one thing that I would definitely request is to be on the water side and not on the 1st floor. You will get a balcony.

As you know, we are just back (I answered you one of your posts via my laptop) :) and I did not observe any units without a balcony. I was on the 3rd floor (3509 with a direct view of the quiet pool - beautiful) and everything above me definitely had a balcony. I would just be sure to make your preferences known at check-in. When we checked in, we were offered a ground level unit at 9:30a and declined it. We got into our room at 3:30p and got exactly what we asked for.

Have a wonderful time! We CANNOT WAIT to go back!

You are correct! There is one room only!!!!

4533 does not have a balcony.

The reason why is it is the only lock-off that corner of the building. The second, third and fifth floor are all dedicated two bedrooms. If you were to look at the outside of the building with this additional building it would have made it seem as if there was a balcony in the wrong place.

:pinkbounc

Thanks Newanda!

I didn't think that any of the DVC properties were without balconies- but now I know....:smooth:

Just wanted to know why must people decline first floor rooms at VWL. Since this is our home resort and we have not stayed there yet.. I thought I would ask. Is it because the view is not good? We used to request first floor at the WL because it was very easy to come and go with the kids.

I just checked and the web page that describes the VWL studios say that they have a private balcony or porch. So, if they give this room to someone, they should probably get some kind of compensation for it because it is not as advertised. If it is the only studio that does not have a balcony, then they should only use it if everything else is booked. Even then, it still seems unfair to the people who get it.

We visited VWL recently, stayed in a studio and had no balcony. It was the 4th floor, cannot remember the room number. We decided not to make a fuss because we were able to check in early and we were grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter