Balloon Lifetime Replacement?

jetdoctor

Please remain in your DOOM BUGGYS
So I was over at MK the other day and bought my daughter a Mikey balloon. The castmember told us that you can bring back any of the Balloons if the get deflated pop or just want to trade them out indefinitely. Is this true?

I'd suspect this is meant more for a nice customer service gesture while on the same trip. They probably expect the balloons to last 10-14 days or something, so if for reason it happens to deflate while you are still there, they don't want you to have to buy another one.

Omg ... I can see it now, people bring deflated, limp balloons back , trip to trip... No offense meant OP.. Just reminds me of ALL those long threads on re-using Mugs.. Ugh !

Think it's great during the visit though.. Nothing worse than a sad child with a sad balloon!

The balloons at the MK are definitely intended to last a weeks - not days. I can't imagine bringing it back trip after trip but I am sure that SOMEONE has done it before!

Yes, its true. That's pretty much with everything Disney. We had to return balloons twice, both DL I think. One time, there was a freak accident and the balloon hit a tree and developed a leak. Returned it that day. Another time, it started deflating and same thing. I wouldn't keep on bringing it back on multiple trips, just the same trip (1-2 weeks). We always try to get the balloons on the first day because of how long they last. Then, we deflate them, and blow them up at home on occasion. The kids enjoy playing with them. We never bring them back down there though. The balloons also change so that would be odd.

The dory balloons don't deflate like the other ones do. (those are heat sealed)

This is how urban legends like lifetime mugs get started. I'm sure the cast member meant that day.

The balloons are meant to be good for your length of stay. If during your stay, the balloon deflates, you can bring it back for a free replacement. The balloons should last 2-3 weeks. I've had one last 4 weeks before it started to go wrinkly.

We bought a balloon once and somehow the string broke after about an hour or so and the balloon flew away. we took the remaining 20" of string back to the vendor and we're given a new balloon with just that.

Imagine finding a Mickey balloon with a refillable mug tied to it ...

I had one once that lasted over a week in our room. I didn't actually know what to do with it when we left to go back home to the UK so I gave it to a kid. They sure are good quality!

Doing some searching the only thing I could find was a 2010 official blog posting that worded it as "if you ever pop a balloon while you are in the Park, just bring it back to the vendor and they will give you a new one!"

How are you untying the balloon? I assumed it was tightly tied...then again I've never tried to untie one before maybe it's not as hard as it seems. Or are they clipped or something?

I'm still carrying the same balloon I bought in 2008.

(nah, just kidding, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people did).
My Treasure Planet balloon always gets the kids' attention as I carry it around in the MK.
The neck's beginning to get a little worn from the refills, though.

Man I must have gotten a dud balloon! Ours was deflating by the next day. We're local-ish too... should have saved it and taken it back next time! ;)

Disney will replace it indefinitely as long as they have the same one in stock. I tend to agree with others that Disney intends this service for the length of your trip but they do not check nor ask for a receipt.

I once saw a child drop his light up talking Buzz Lightyear toy into the water at one of the parks. A CM saw this and told the parents to follow him to a store and he'd get them a replacement free of charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!