Ban Wagon - 2010

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Welcome to Ban Wagon 2010.
This years goals:
save money
get creative with things we have on hand
stop frivolous spending

Post your goals here, as well as any accountability for falling off the wagon. You can go hard core and say $0 to spend per month or give yourself a monthly or annual limit. I do not consider spending money on printing photos as part of the ban as long as the other supplies are not purchased. Try to use coupons if you can.

If it makes things easier, pick a buddy who will not enable you (ahem Ann and Holly). They can act as your sponsor. And don't worry, we do slow the wagon down on occasion if you happen to fall off.

DISBanWagon-Sm108x95.jpg

2sgn052welcomewagon.gif

January:
BAMB
PrincessNancy96
Hopemax
New England Eeyore
Pinball Family
ZeroToHero
MazdaUK
AlexWyattMommy
MorgansMom2000
rlovew
StitchIsOurHero

My goal is a monthly allotment of $20.00 for supplies (must be on sale or have coupon).
Must use my stash!
Must use more of my Swap items (they are so cute & multiplying)
Limit swaps to needs (I have a lot of some stuff)
NO more than $20 per month on prints (but I have MORE than enough to work with currently).
Utilize more coupons for groceries and other items
No more eating out than once per pay period (I am a good cook, I need to utilize that talent more!)

my goals:

January
$15 for monthly crop
adhesive - 6 rolls max
Shop in Casa de la Blink
spend $25 on prints
$0 spending dollars
clip coupons
save $100 on groceries with sales and coupons
eat out 1x per week (we are usually around 4x)
Bank vacation money every month

I need to be on a half year ban, because our bank account needs to recover from the down payment, appliances and furniture purchases.

Allowable purchases:

Adhesive - I've already delayed purchasing more ATG refills since July, I have one roll left.

Cardstock - Only to finish projects, or are out of my favorite colors. When M's has it on sale, I can't say, "I don't have this color yet."

Cricut - mats & blades. I am placing an order E mats this week, since I only have the one that came in the box. Cartridges - Destinations and if M's has an Easter sale. Since I made it between Black Fridays, last year with only buying one cart, I can do it again. With the $30 sales, even paying $35 or $40 seems like too much.

Swaps: I only plan on doing the ones I am hosting. This is the year that I will actually use stuff instead of collect it. There are no major life changes happening this year (last year house, 08 moving to CO) so I should not have reasons to let them slide this year.

Non-scrapping: Eat out less. I've been lucky if I've been averaging 2 meals a week at home since July. Part was a result of the house stuff, part was DH was late a lot because of a major work project. If you notice an American Express commercial talking about something called AcceptPay, DH did that! His company was contracted by Amex to do it for them, and their team of 13 people worked on it for the last year. For most of it, DH was the only QA tester. He's really proud of it, but it meant we ate a lot of pizza.

I need to be on this ban for real this time. We're carrying more debt than I would like right now and our goal is to get that seriously shrunk for 2010. Plus my scrap room is still chock full of stuff and I don't NEED anything else.

I'm going to see how I do with a goal of $25 a month (because I don't think anything lower is realistic.) That will not include crop fees or photo developing. It will include everything else though - cardstock, adhesive, etc. If I want a bigger purchase, I can borrow from the month ahead if need be.

Exceptions
- CKC in May. I will set myself a budget for that later, but it will most assuredly be more than $25.
- If I do a scrap getaway weekend, that will not be included in the monthly allowance.
- One more splurge event to be determined later (birthday?)
- Supplies bought for gifts are not necessarily subject to this allowance, but I should still try to keep as close to it as possible (I know I'll be doing another baby album for BFF's 2nd child this year)
- Have to re-purchase SCAL and get a photo-editing software for new computer at some point - those will also be exempt

2010 Scrappy Savings Goals

Stick to ca$h in scrapbooking envelope - $40 a month for supplies/crop fees, and the priority is to save as much of this as possible to use at LSS yard sale events in the spring and early summer. My $$$ go SO much farther there!
Plan out few swaps to participate in - check swap calendar and set priorities.
Use stash(es) of everything!
Sit down and learn Photoshop Elements, THEN develop more photos.
Sit down and learn new features of SCAL 2.0 and use that and my carts
Sit down and learn the Jessica Sprague online class I have downloaded - see what I learn there.
Sit down and name/organize scattered digital photos in files and back up those suckers!!!
Carefully budget CKC-Manchester: classes, show floor, travel expenses. Have fun, but see where costs can be cut back.
2009 was certainly a scrapping spending frenzy! But, now we're up and running with a full room of supplies and equipment...

Print out these goals and post them in my scrap area!

My January goals:

-Only buy things I "need" for swaps - paper, some embellishments if really necessary, but try to avoid that and use what I already have. (I know I need some plain colored cardstock though)
-No patterned paper unless it's 10 for 1$ - no packs!
-Try to start using color pieces before next color swap
-Don't go on scrap trips with my mom
-Save for Disney - as soon as I get money, write Lou a check, so that I can have that paid off. Once it's paid off, start putting money in savings - when CKC gets here, I'll see how much I have and decide how much I can spare.

My goals:

Allowable expenses - photos, albums, pages/page protectors, adhesives, plain cardstock if essential for swap, not just because it looks a good bundle:rolleyes1, black/white pens if they run out - no need for colours as I have enough. No patterned paper (but I might allow myself a grab bag if its only available when ordering - the money will come out of Christmas/Birthday money)
Swaps - allowable are elements only colour swap, everyday swap, non-Disney themed (eg vacation, holiday etc if not in everyday), Prima swap (as I am hostessing and I do use a lot of flowers)

I need to spend enough at CM each month to stay active (£60 inc postage:scared1:) BUT I've just noticed the order form for December says order by 29th, so I may be deactivated anyway:sad2: (If I have orders to put in I must not add in more than enough to make it up to the limit.)

I also need to organise my scraps so I use them not just hoard them - so I'll be joining Hope's organising thread:thumbsup2

January Goals

Only use coupons on things we REALLY eat. No more impulse buying at grocery store.
Set up a weekly menu and stick with it.
Allowed 1x eat out weekly - dinner with family, no more lunch runs.
$20 on scrap/swap supplies - to include adhesive, card stock, specialty items.
-am allowed to purchase 3 carts, less than retail only: Old West, Destinations, and a new to be released.

PS-I resemble that remark ;)

I am on this as well. I have to think about my goals and will post them.

Goals I know:
Reorganize my scrap room
spending- no more than my allowance part of which I need to set aside for scrap events later in the year
use swap supply
no swapping that I don't have an immeadiate use for
no buying items I don't have an immeadiate use for

Rebecca

I am absolutely, definitely, 100% in on this!! We are carrying more debt than I'd like, too, and hope to have another little one (nooooo, not yet!!) maybe sometime this year or in 2011. Debt must be gone!!

Here are my January goals:

*Get DH to put $ in (I will too) in the out-to-eat envelope & only use that!
*Sonic sweet teas ONLY once a week (this is a major expense for me, sad to say)
*$30.00 max on scrapping supplies (this includes cardstock, adhesive, albums, etc.) but NOT photos
*Put back $10-$20 to pay my Disney pics in June
*Put back $25 for Christmas 2010 (this is monthly)
*Try to meal-plan and stick to it!!

I'm really excited about this!! I so need to do it, and I always do better with the support of our group!

Ok I Am so in for this. I have got to stick to it
if I want to go to Disney this summer. I need a partner
to staple my bum to the wagon if I'm about to fall off!!
Any takers??

Ok, I am in!!!
I have this wonderful invitation to cruise the Panama Canal, on the Wonder, in one yr and i need to save the money, so:
1. with everything i presently have, there is no need to buy anything for months.
2. i will not use any of the CM products sitting on my shelves, and vow to sell all of them to customers - no cheating...well, maybe some tape runner refills!
3. except for a scrapping weekend in Feb (all paid for) and a weekend at the Cape (1 payment left) and CKC-Manchester (omg, need to pay for it)- decided this is not a necessity this yr! I am quarantined!
4. will participate in lots of workshops, teach summer school and not retire for 1 more year!
Think that does it for tonight - will probably add some more! Caroline

Ok I Am so in for this. I have got to stick to it
if I want to go to Disney this summer. I need a partner
to staple my bum to the wagon if I'm about to fall off!!
Any takers??

Uh, me!! Hello! I won't let you buy any sizzix stuff, paper, etc! You are wedged on the front seat of the buckboard between Nancy and me!!

Ok, I am in!!!
I have this wonderful invitation to cruise the Panama Canal, on the Wonder, in one yr and i need to save the money, so:
1. with everything i presently have, there is no need to buy anything for months.
2. i will not use any of the CM products sitting on my shelves, and vow to sell all of them to customers - no cheating...well, maybe some tape runner refills!
3. except for a scrapping weekend in Feb (all paid for) and a weekend at the Cape (1 payment left) and CKC-Manchester (omg, need to pay for it), i am quarantined!!!
4. will participate in lots of workshops, teach summer school and not retire for 1 more year!
Think that does it for tonight - will probably add some more! Caroline

You can do it Caroline!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

DM needs an intervention. She's already getting bounced around in the back of the wagon and may be falling off come Friday morning... :rolleyes1:

And yes, I may need one too. We will see. I think I may be okay.

Holly, I'm just a text away. Together we can do this! I was working on some goals all day yesterday (workin' hard), at work, so I'll finish those up and post them soon, along with my spending goals ;)

DM needs an intervention. She's already getting bounced around in the back of the wagon and may be falling off come Friday morning... :rolleyes1:

And yes, I may need one too. We will see. I think I may be okay.

The first step is DENIAL hon, you've got to want to make a change. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!