Ban Wagon -2011 Edition

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Welcome to Ban Wagon 2010.
This years goals:
save money
get creative with things we have on hand
stop frivolous spending

Post your goals here, as well as any accountability for falling off the wagon. You can go hard core and say $0 to spend per month or give yourself a monthly or annual limit. I do not consider spending money on printing photos and adhesive as part of the ban as long as the other supplies are not purchased. Try to use coupons if you can.

If it makes things easier, pick a buddy who will not enable you (ahem Ann and Holly). They can act as your sponsor. And don't worry, we do slow the wagon down on occasion if you happen to fall off.

DISBanWagon-Sm108x95.jpg

2sgn052welcomewagon.gif

February's participants:
PN96
BAMB

I'm in...

Goals for Jan:
get budget in order (it's in order but get pay off dates for 2 CCs that are almost done!) Done; first check paying everything as planned and still have savings money!!!
get van flush/fill of radiator/trans (a first of month thing) Radiator done; tranmission moved to feburary but found a $30.00 off coupon for that job!!! ~ Will be moving up the drive belt to 1/10 because they said it's cracked... so do that first; Drive belt done!
catch up on 2010 4-H books Done for both kids!!
catch up on fall sports books for 3 kids
no swaps
purchase only needed photos (I find I have duplicates and triplicates of photos I didn't think I ordered but I did) odered photos 1/8 and total cost of photos was 2.52 (8 in s/h)
pull more grocery coupons (I do a bit but need more)
no eating out this month (we are on a family mission not to eat out for one month and when we get the urge we will pull the money from the ckg and put into the savings) My dad is buying Little Ceasars for us since he is staying over night

Ditto what you said!

budget for the month -did ok. We actually had $$ left over at the end of the month
no scrap spending - using only stash didn't do so hot. I bought paper and adhesive, which were ok but I didn't need the ATG.
I do have an allowance for adhesive but it must be either on sale or bought with a coupon. Did use a 50% off coupon for the ATG
clip more coupons - I failed miserably in 2010. did really well here. I need to tally my receipts.
NO EATING OUT!!! I made the mistake of tallying the January receipts for eating out, it was bad. Real bad! did pretty good here, except when it snowed. After shoveling for 2+ hours 2 days in a row we ate lunch at Fast food places a few time. Will tally my receipts.
All coupon and card savings, as well as meal out savings will go into the WDW fund. need to add all this together and see where we are at.

Im in:
Use more coupons for food
Continue to make baby food and not buy any pre-made(first time making my own baby food)
Plan a weekend away with the hubby:love:
Save enough money to buy our annual passes for our trip and not charge them
Scrapbook one day a month
Only buy supplies with a coupon
Attempt to pay off 2 credit cards

I hope to be able to achieve this.

Me, me, me.

2011 is the year I actually scrap, not buy, not swap. So far the only things on my "approved" list are the 3 Disney carts I don't have. I want to get through January without buying anything scrappy. I have $35 in M's and $20 in J's GC and I don't even want to spend them in Jan.

I'm in...
I really want to do this but will definitely need some hand holding.
So glad that adhesives are not included.:thumbsup2
I have picked my 3 swaps for the year, usually big ones, so I will allow myself to buy ahead for that, if something is on sale.
My big goal is to go back to work, I need to, for me. Its been 2 years and I think Im ready.
Its so hard with the theater to figure out when we are eating out or at home but will make a better attempt to limiting out to 2 times a week.
I am really looking forward to this challenge and I am in excellent company!:goodvibes

I am already sliding off...:lmao:

Someone on 2Ps went to M's and was given a flyer that selected Cricut cartridges will be $9.99 Jan 9-15. I am sure that these are the ones that are going to be discontinued that were $19.99 before Christmas.

So I need to amend my Jan spending to include $9.99 carts.

I am so bad. :rotfl2:

I'm in :)

DH and I have been discussing the budget and paying off CCs.

Goals:
*Purchase no scrapping supplies (adhesives & photo printing excluded)
*No credit card purchases
*Dinner out limited to once per month as a family(this will be a real challenge for us)
*Date night once a week with DH (use coupons)
*Continue to pay down credit cards
*Save cash to pay for cruise
*Clean out the cupboards & freezer by using the items

I desperately need to do this!! I used retail therapy a little too much in 2010 and I'm sort of disgusted when I look around my scrap room and see how much *stuff* I have. It's bad when you have to keep moving boxes and bags around in order to be able to do sit down, let alone get any work done.

2 years of falling off the wagon have shown me I can't stick to a dollar amount. So I'm going to try a different thought process and see how long it lasts - I cannot buy anything unless I have an immediate use for it.

No more punches (my addiction of choice for this year)!!! I hardly even use the ones I have. No more paper just because it's pretty or I *might* use it. No more buying something just because it's on sale!!!!!

Cricut cartridges have always been and will always be my downfall, but I'm willing to wait for the ones I want and can usually get a good deal on Ebay so I'm not even going to try to restrict myself on that one - I'll just try to keep it to ones I really want.

I need to join in- I can't find room for my stuff in my scrap room- I need to use what I have before I get anything else as I don't need anything.

I think instead of a dollar amount I am going with NEE- I want to limit purchases to things I am going to use immeadiately.

Rebecca

I have got to join...went off the deep end this year. I have enough supplies to open a couple of stores and no room for it!!! My husband is threatening to video my supplies and send it in to hoarders!! I will have to buy adheasive and printer ink / paper for photos. I am going to push myself to use my scraps when possible to get that pile down, use supplies on hand, start using swap items that I have nicely collected this past year and only buy items I will use immediately. The buying MUST be limited to no more than $50 a month, including Cricut carts or anything else. So, not many carts will be bought. That covers the scrapping ban wagon...now the household...limit eating out to once a week, clean out cabinets by using items in meals, lose the holiday lbs to get back into some older clothes and not buy any new this year. (You know sometimes shopping your own closet is as good as shopping a store!!) That's all I can think of for now...

****had to change the eating out to once a week according to DH...he says we will never make once a month and not set our goals so high that we fail miserably!! LOL

Erin, I think I need to add cleaning out the cupboards and freezer by using the items to my list too :)

I'm in too! Got ran over by the wagon in November and again in December!

Need to get back to menu planning
Get budget back on track
Actually scrap this year!
Get 4H record books up to date
Plan 4H scrapbooking projects
Find a modified FlyLady program that works for me in this new house

For the household:

We need to really think about purchases and where they will go- we need to clean out rooms that have to much stuff and I have to come up with a plan for deep cleaning and then maintaining the house.

We also need to cut our eating out to twice a month other than Sundays (we go out after church every Sunday with a variety of members and then do our shopping- I am not going to cut that out- it is a part of our motnhly budget).

Rebecca

Ok, I thought lots about this last night, and made DH help me set some "goals"! They had to be realistic because I wanted to be able to accomplish them!!

Scrapbooking:

1. No purchases unless an immediate need
2. Limited Cricut Cart purchases. . .and I MUST use them
3. Scrap, not swap
4. Finish DS's 1st year--this has been a "resolution" for 2 years. . .yeesh!--DONE
5. Finish our June 2010 WDW trip before April 2011 trip
6. Get stuff caught up!

Other:

1. Limit out to eat to twice a month--this would be a HUGE thing for us
2. Buy those things which are needed, but limit superfluous spending
3. Pay down debt
4. Get back to healthier eating/exercise
5. Lose 10 lbs before trip/then another 10-12 before my Sept bday
6. Keep house organized and clean

Ok, here we go! Gotta stay motivated and accountable!!

I desperately need to do this!! I used retail therapy a little too much in 2010 and I'm sort of disgusted when I look around my scrap room and see how much *stuff* I have. It's bad when you have to keep moving boxes and bags around in order to be able to do sit down, let alone get any work done.

2 years of falling off the wagon have shown me I can't stick to a dollar amount. So I'm going to try a different thought process and see how long it lasts - I cannot buy anything unless I have an immediate use for it.

No more punches (my addiction of choice for this year)!!! I hardly even use the ones I have. No more paper just because it's pretty or I *might* use it. No more buying something just because it's on sale!!!!!

Cricut cartridges have always been and will always be my downfall, but I'm willing to wait for the ones I want and can usually get a good deal on Ebay so I'm not even going to try to restrict myself on that one - I'll just try to keep it to ones I really want.

As long as you are getting the carts on sale then it's ok as long as it was (and it is) set in your guidelines.

Only get the ones you know you'll use!

I'm joining....
I'm limiting myself to:
Adhesive and photos only until my crop weekend in March. I'm planning to be caught up by then.
After March, I'm only going to buy what I need for immediate use only.
I have so much stuff that I need to use up, so I will shop the store in the basement before I go to the store.
On other fronts, I need to:
Limit eating out to only 1 night a week (this is a dance/ karate night in which I can not cook unless we would be eating at 9 pm)
Use coupons to cut down on the food bill
Only buy what we need
Lose 20 lbs before our April Trip
Lose 20 lbs between April and August.

Help me stay on the wagon girls, as I'm bound to fall off.
S :)

MT ~ you'll be caught up.... w/ scrapping.. I'll take your laundry if you can take some of my scrapping!!!!

I'll help anyone to stay on the wagon...
DH and I were talking about this today w/ the kids right before they left for an away ball game.. they all agreed. if we don't need it... lets leave it.. they tallied all the eating out bill for Dec.... they about freaked!!! We have been taking treats to the ball games because that was costing $10 a night.. and some weeks we have 3-4 ball games... that pays more towards a bill...

So DH and I talked a little more about this today and I'm tweaking one of my goals. We'll eat out once a month only as a family, but, DH and I will keep our weekly date night. He likes to be able to have me all to himself once a week and we usually start with dinner. We'll use coupons though ;)

Uh my dining out bill for the months of Jan, Feb and March of 2010, I almost had a heart attack!!

We will all be keeping each other on the wagon. I have the staple gun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!