Bandolier bag check

Do you have the add-on pouch? Without the pouch, it probably would be okay. You'll need to take it off, but at that point, it kind of looks like a phone case with a strap. If it has the pouch, I think it'll need to go through bag check.

Does any part of it open at all? Zippers or parts you have to hold open to see inside? If so, it’s a “bag.”

Good news is the Harbor bag checks have been so much better since they expanded.

Does any part of it open at all? Zippers or parts you have to hold open to see inside? If so, it’s a “bag.”

Good news is the Harbor bag checks have been so much better since they expanded.
There is one snap that folds back an inch if you want to stuff a card in there. It has 90% less storage than a mens wallet.

Do you have the add-on pouch? Without the pouch, it probably would be okay. You'll need to take it off, but at that point, it kind of looks like a phone case with a strap. If it has the pouch, I think it'll need to go through bag check.
No, I do not have the pouch.

I was thinking if it was too much, I could also wrap the strap through my belt buckle loops and wear it as a belt until I get in the park. lol I am desperate to avoid getting stuck in extra lines...any line I can avoid is good.

It really depends on the CM -- be prepared to be sent through bag check and be glad if you aren't. PP is right that the Harbor side security is much better and faster moving now. The DLH and DTD bag checks are usually very quick anyway.

Last edited:
I was thinking if it was too much, I could also wrap the strap through my belt buckle loops and wear it as a belt until I get in the park. lol I am desperate to avoid getting stuck in extra lines...any line I can avoid is good.
I would not do this because it looks like there are metal clasps that hook the phone case to the strap. I you wear it like a belt, you'll still need to remove the phone (and possibly the case itself) and the clasps might end up setting off the metal detector that you have to go through as part of the no bag line and then you'll have to be wanded. I would just leave the thing as it, and then put it in the tray when you get to the front of the line and hope for the best.

It really depends on which security guard you get. I've watched some people get let through with hand held purses before then some don't let anything in hands at all. But something that small you should be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter