Bands announced for 2018 Flower and Garden Festival

The one weekend we can go to Epcot is Simple Plan - never heard of them. There are so many great bands playing this year, but I guess I won't have to worry about how to plan for a concert.

We'll be seeing Little River Band and ELO this year :) I'd love to see Rick Springfield and I'm bummed we can't see Night Ranger again; we saw them last year at F&G and they were AMAZING! I loved them in high school and knew I'd enjoy seeing them at F&G but had no idea how awesome they'd still be :goodvibes

They list a band and then 1 song - is this just so people can kind of associate the band with the song? I assume the band plays a couple tunes or is it just that one song?

They list a band and then 1 song - is this just so people can kind of associate the band with the song? I assume the band plays a couple tunes or is it just that one song?

The sets are not very long, but they do play multiple songs.

I am anxiously awaiting the F&G food kiosk menus. They should be released soon, I think.

Having never been to the F&G, this will be our first time and I need some opinions. I was not planning to go to the concert, but then thought it could be fun because the songs I know I enjoy and we were already eating the Garden Grill. The only day the concert fits into our schedule means that we would have to do the following:

• Epcot Morning until afternoon for F&G
  • Hang at hotel (POR) a little for the kids to recoup
  • MK Baby's first haircut 4:20 (be there 4:05)-> I don't want to reschedule because I want his hair cut for photos that will be taken throughout the rest of trip. This is the first day of our trip.
  • Epcot Concert supposed to run from 6:45-7:15-> Only day we can go, if we go
  • Desert Party at MK starts at 8:00 PM-> Already booked. Would like to keep it this day, because we are doing a split stay, and we won't have room in our bellies the rest of the trip due to our meal plans. So it is more "bang for our buck" this way.

I am not sure about the ease of going back and forth from MK to Epcot for the concert. I was thinking monorail would be easiest, but we will have a car if that makes a difference.

Very practical me (which is winning this argument) says forget the concert, only one member is original anyway (Spinners) and not the original lead singer. Keep it stress free like you had originally planned.
Fun concert loving me says, Fun! Concert! We won't be there again for one of these! The last member will probably die soon and never be at Garden Rocks again (he will be 80). I love concerts! Fun loving me keeps making second guess my plans.

I think my problem is the more I fine tune my plans, I keep being wanting to "do it all," as everything sounds fun. My husband is not a planner, so all decision making is entirely up to me.

Having never been to the F&G, this will be our first time and I need some opinions. I was not planning to go to the concert, but then thought it could be fun because the songs I know I enjoy and we were already eating the Garden Grill. The only day the concert fits into our schedule means that we would have to do the following:

• Epcot Morning until afternoon for F&G
  • Hang at hotel (POR) a little for the kids to recoup
  • MK Baby's first haircut 4:20 (be there 4:05)-> I don't want to reschedule because I want his hair cut for photos that will be taken throughout the rest of trip. This is the first day of our trip.
  • Epcot Concert supposed to run from 6:45-7:15-> Only day we can go, if we go
  • Desert Party at MK starts at 8:00 PM-> Already booked. Would like to keep it this day, because we are doing a split stay, and we won't have room in our bellies the rest of the trip due to our meal plans. So it is more "bang for our buck" this way.

I am not sure about the ease of going back and forth from MK to Epcot for the concert. I was thinking monorail would be easiest, but we will have a car if that makes a difference.

Very practical me (which is winning this argument) says forget the concert, only one member is original anyway (Spinners) and not the original lead singer. Keep it stress free like you had originally planned.
Fun concert loving me says, Fun! Concert! We won't be there again for one of these! The last member will probably die soon and never be at Garden Rocks again (he will be 80). I love concerts! Fun loving me keeps making second guess my plans.

I think my problem is the more I fine tune my plans, I keep being wanting to "do it all," as everything sounds fun. My husband is not a planner, so all decision making is entirely up to me.

The concerts are at the pavilion in front of American Adventure, so you would need to add the travel time from the front of the park, and then back again after the show. You will have to change monorails and or park at TTC and make your way to the MK. I think that getting from the concert to the dessert party check-in in 45 minutes is probably not doable. Not trying to be a bummer, just practical. Would the kids be excited to see the Spinners? if not, that may make the trek even tougher.

Thank you for the response. I was heavily leaning towards a no go on that scenario. Such a response makes it easier. ;)

Ok so how do these concerts work? I’ll be there during Jo Dee Messina who I love. Does she really perform 3 shows for 3 days? Which one is the easiest to see? I’ve seen people line up for shows but we’ve never been interested in stopping so this is a new thing for me. I’m kind of excited about it!

Ok so how do these concerts work? I’ll be there during Jo Dee Messina who I love. Does she really perform 3 shows for 3 days? Which one is the easiest to see? I’ve seen people line up for shows but we’ve never been interested in stopping so this is a new thing for me. I’m kind of excited about it!

From my experience, the easiest (least hard) one to see is the latest showing. From what a CM told me, people like the earlier shows so that they can go get a prime spot to see Illuminations. However, it also depends more on the popularity of who you're seeing. I've been to shows where I could just walk in as the show started and get a seat. But I've also been to shows where people start lining up an hour in advance. If you only want to hear the show, you can just sit over in front of the America pavillion and listen. Depending on the weather and sunset time when you go, the first show can still be kind of sunny.

If I read this correctly, I hypothetically could go to Akershus for breakfast, and then reserved seating for a show in the evening? How does that logistically work?

Related - is there a premium upcharge?

I would guess if you chose breakfast you could select any of the shows, but I would call and make sure.

Since breakfast at Akershus is more expensive than lunch in some of the restaurants, I would not think there would be any additional charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter