Banking/Booking info?

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran AKV/CCV
I'm new to DVC waiting on a contract to close with 100 points coming in Dec 2020 UY. If I don't use them before July 31 2021(bank deadline), they will carryover to Dec 2021, correct? It's now 2022 and I book last minute in Sept 2022 for a trip in Dec 2022 and need 150 points. I assume the 100 2020 banked points would be used first, then 50 from 2021 leaving me with 50 leftover. Being it's Sept and already past the July deadline, will these 50 become useless unless I use them before Dec 2022? Thanks. I'm trying to get a grip on the whole process.

You have to bank them, It is not automatic. Once you bank your 2020 UY points, they will be valid for stays in your 2021 UY. That means they will be eligible for trips up to November 30th, 2022.

These points will not be valid for a Dec 2022 trip since that is taking place in your 2022 UY.

Forget calendar year or when you call to book. It is about when you travel, So, a Dec 2022 trip, since it is in your Dec 2022 UY, you can used banked 2021 points, 2022 points, and borrow 2023 points to finish the reservation.

Any time you do Not book points into a reservation within your banking period, they will expire at the end of that UY. So, if you pass July 31st, and don’t bank points, then yes, you would lose them.

A side note though is that if you want to travel in December, it is a very busy DVC time and if you don’t book 11 months ahead, it will be very difficult to put together A trip. Not impossible, but will require a lot of work, waitlists, staking, and most likely, split stays or room sizes different than what you want.

You won't book any trip at all last minute from mid-Sept through mid-January.

You have to bank them, It is not automatic. Once you bank your 2020 UY points, they will be valid for stays in your 2021 UY. That means they will be eligible for trips up to November 30th, 2022.

These points will not be valid for a Dec 2022 trip since that is taking place in your 2022 UY.

Forget calendar year or when you call to book. It is about when you travel, So, a Dec 2022 trip, since it is in your Dec 2022 UY, you can used banked 2021 points, 2022 points, and borrow 2023 points to finish the reservation.

Any time you do Not book points into a reservation within your banking period, they will expire at the end of that UY. So, if you pass July 31st, and don’t bank points, then yes, you would lose them.

A side note though is that if you want to travel in December, it is a very busy DVC time and if you don’t book 11 months ahead, it will be very difficult to put together A trip. Not impossible, but will require a lot of work, waitlists, staking, and most likely, split stays or room sizes different than what you want.
Thank you for the clarification.

Hey, I saw a few options on the 60-day list. Sure, they were single night GVs, Aulani and HHI, but...

And have you ever gone and really checked? I have and many times those lists are so wrong..they definitely can give false hope!

And have you ever gone and really checked? I have and many times those lists are so wrong..they definitely can give false hope!
That would be far too much work! I know better for fall, although I do find it credible that whatever limited availability there might be would be at HHI. VB and AUL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts