Banned From Disney?

DH knows someone who was banned. He used to work in the college program. He told me a story of how one particularly busy day (I think it was actually July 4th, but don't quote me) his manager sent two of the smaller girl employees down into the tunnels with money from the counter service registers to be put into a safe. When they got off the elevator they were met by two guys in masks with weapons (knives, I think) who convinced them to hand over the money. Disney eventually figured out who it was because the manager was not supposed to be sending other people to do that job and they knew she had to be involved. They all got prosecuted. And banned.

I

Unfortunately Disney is unable to ban child molesters on principle; even registered offenders until they do something that gets the attention of security. If they do anything inappropriate, they can be tresspassed.

This part caught my eye, and I was somewhat concerned about it. Given that there are restrictions on many people labeled as convicted sexual offenders, does Disney, as a matter of principle, not ban them from property?

This part caught my eye, and I was somewhat concerned about it. Given that there are restrictions on many people labeled as convicted sexual offenders, does Disney, as a matter of principle, not ban them from property?

I don't know the specifics of Florida law, but Disney may not be legally permitted to restrict their entry. If their presence does not specifically violate anything (conditions of release, restraining orders, etc.), then Disney banning them prior to any violation could be considered an infringement of rights.

They would either have to do something on property that allows Disney to ban them, or Florida would have to pass a law banning them from theme parks, and the law would have to pass constitutional appeals.

DH knows someone who was banned. He used to work in the college program. He told me a story of how one particularly busy day (I think it was actually July 4th, but don't quote me) his manager sent two of the smaller girl employees down into the tunnels with money from the counter service registers to be put into a safe. When they got off the elevator they were met by two guys in masks with weapons (knives, I think) who convinced them to hand over the money. Disney eventually figured out who it was because the manager was not supposed to be sending other people to do that job and they knew she had to be involved. They all got prosecuted. And banned.

If I'm reading correctly, the manager schemed with the guys with weapons to get the money? So the guys had to be employees too, to have access to the tunnels? What a weird situation.

I was just reading a book in which the author told of his friend sneaking into Epcot (w/o paying of course). He was caught and banned. A good decade later he was planning his honeymoon and his bride to be wanted to go to WDW. While making reservations he was put on hold. A few minutes later a supervisor came on the phone and the conversation went something like this:

Super: Is your name John Doe?
Banee: Yes it is, is there a problem?
Super: Did you formerly reside at 123 Elm St., Anywhere, USA?
Banee: Yes....why is there a problem?
Super: I'm sorry sir but we will not be able to make a reservation for you now or in the future. Have a magical day.
At which point the super hung up. So apparently, they do keep your name on file and if there's a match they'll question you. If you have a common name you might find yourself getting questioned. How they would differentiate between one John Smith and another unless they asked for a SSN I don't know. :confused3

bom_noite said:
This past June my wife and my daughter went to the MK - I decided to skip the park and play Golf. My wife, by accident, pulled my 10 day Park Hopper out (which was purchased at a resort the year prior) put it in the machine. They stopped her and walked her over to the Ticket Police so she could be interrogated.

She explained the mistake and apologized, and, showed her ID (same last name as mine) and the pass she meant to use. She had our DVC Membership cards and OKW Resort Reservation that had my name on it. In fact, if I remember correctly the Reservation paperwork has our home address on it - which matches up with the address on her Drivers License. Anyways, not good enough proof in their eyes.

Questions: When did he buy it? What parks has he gone too? My wife was incensed - she said they made her feel like a criminal.

They told her they were keeping the card and I needed to come to the park and show ID. Had I been required to make a special trip to the MK - trust me - I would be banned for life now!

She finally suggested that they call DVC Member Services and they can confirm that we are married (as both our names are on the contract), she will have them verify both of our SSN numbers (which they have) and confirm that we are staying in the same room at OKW. 5 minutes later they agreed to give her the card - but - block it from use. Anyways - 30 minutes wasted dealing with them.

Unfortunately she did not think of getting the CM's names.

The next morning we went to the OKW Front Desk and explained the situation. They took the card in the back. 20 Minutes later - no card. I asked to see the manager. My blood was starting to boil - so - I made a quick exit to the pool.

The manager finally came out and talked to my wife. She described the incident and said - I think I am owed an apology. The manager was very nice and said: "I apologize on their behalf. If you ever, have a problem like this in the future - stop discussing with them - simply call us - let us deal with them!"

What???

I was just reading a book in which the author told of his friend sneaking into Epcot (w/o paying of course). He was caught and banned. A good decade later he was planning his honeymoon and his bride to be wanted to go to WDW. While making reservations he was put on hold. A few minutes later a supervisor came on the phone and the conversation went something like this:

Super: Is your name John Doe?
Banee: Yes it is, is there a problem?
Super: Did you formerly reside at 123 Elm St., Anywhere, USA?
Banee: Yes....why is there a problem?
Super: I'm sorry sir but we will not be able to make a reservation for you now or in the future. Have a magical day.
At which point the super hung up. So apparently, they do keep your name on file and if there's a match they'll question you. If you have a common name you might find yourself getting questioned. How they would differentiate between one John Smith and another unless they asked for a SSN I don't know. :confused3

Dark Side Of Disney I assume?

so, you have all been discussing possible bans at wdw..well today i just experienced this. Now, first off, I am a registered sex offender. Over a decade old offense from another state (happen to be an attempted internet sting). I have moved to orlando a couple years ago, and i follow all rules and regs as i have a family, and children. I have had annual passes for 2 years, but today when i went with my family my ticket was blocked. I was told i had to go to customer service. I went, and after some time, i was separated from my family, brought inside and asked to wait in a locked room. They wouldn't tell me what was going on until 2 security and an orange county sheriff came in. They said that they know i was a registered s/o and that they are revoking my annual pass. they took it and said they would try to refund my money and my families tickets and then had me sign a paper and gave me a official trespass warning. They wrote on it, conduct not desired at wdw, but when i asked what conduct are they speaking about, none could answer. The sheriff shook my hand and apologized for this seemingly b/s treatment. I asked where it said that these rules were in effect and they just gave me some email address to contact. no telephone number, and said i was banned from ANY disney property world wide..from downtown disney to resorts to all parks to restaurants etc..i had no idea that there were any rules regarding this. i am not under any supervision, and do not have any restrictions regarding anything. This has been tough enough on my family and this was just such a disappointing day. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

In the case of a DVC owner that is real estate that is owned by the party who has been tresspassed. Disney cannot tresspass a person from their own property so the restriction would exclude the DVC resort(s) where that person owns property.

Disney will cooperate in the prosecution of criminal events. Simply having a gun is not a crime as long as you have the proper carry permits and registration. All firearms are to be declared prior to entering the parks and placed in Orange County Sherriff's on site gun safe. Threatening people with said firearm will get the prompt attention of security and OC sherriff.

Unfortunately Disney is unable to ban child molesters on principle; even registered offenders until they do something that gets the attention of security. If they do anything inappropriate, they can be tresspassed.

Disney takes the comfort and safety of all their guests seriously and will not tolerate guests who infringe on either. They will make every attempt to work with individuals who are escalating to a dangerous or uncomfortable situation until the line is crossed that the situation cannot be calmly and quitely contained. Being disorderly (and not just those who are intoxicated,) causing an altercation, even excessively unruly children can be ejected from the park or other programs. This may not always result in being given a tresspass warning but the incident is documented.

Disney has a database complete with pictures of tresspassed persons. Security is given a notice about the incident and all security personel are supposed to review the database on a regular basis. It is difficult to remember every single person's face so it would be possible that these people could get on property as long as they aren't recognized.

(information courtesy of my DH who is part of the team keeping the magic secure for all guests. :goodvibes )
as a registered s/o i was just banned today from wdw and every one of its properties today, resorts, restaurants, downtown disney ..etc.. and i did nothing to draw securities attention. but i did give them my fingerprint, and my name and information, and today my annual pass was blocked. i was brought in to a locked room and separated from my family. then they took my pass, put me in a locked room, and had a sheriff sign a trespass warning for me. and i have never done anything at any disney property. i only go there with my family for the kids. lifetime ban they said.. and they would consider refunding our 4 tickets for the family..but did not yet..what do you think of that?

as a registered s/o i was just banned today from wdw and every one of its properties today, resorts, restaurants, downtown disney ..etc.. and i did nothing to draw securities attention. but i did give them my fingerprint, and my name and information, and today my annual pass was blocked. i was brought in to a locked room and separated from my family. then they took my pass, put me in a locked room, and had a sheriff sign a trespass warning for me. and i have never done anything at any disney property. i only go there with my family for the kids. lifetime ban they said.. and they would consider refunding our 4 tickets for the family..but did not yet..what do you think of that?

I'd be interested to know how they knew such personal information. Information that even a potential employer can't access unless you sign a waiver. It would be illegal for WDW to obtain such information about random citizens w/o their consent. Something isn't right here.

S/O are public info disney is not breaking any law. All you have to do is type someone's name into the Internet & they pop up. I wonder why they let you buy passes and go for 2 years then suddenly it was an issue???

I understand both responses. I think the question from me is 1) what did they use to get this information (not that it would have been difficult) and 2) they said this was a "new" thing that they must ban any one who is a registered s/o. I thought something were to have to have occurred for them to ban. Not simply because they felt my presence was undesired. It was a very humiliating experience.

I'd be interested to know how they knew such personal information. Information that even a potential employer can't access unless you sign a waiver. It would be illegal for WDW to obtain such information about random citizens w/o their consent. Something isn't right here.

Sex Offenders are listed on line in every state I know of.it public information and should be so!

AKK

so, you have all been discussing possible bans at wdw..well today i just experienced this. Now, first off, I am a registered sex offender. Over a decade old offense from another state (happen to be an attempted internet sting). I have moved to orlando a couple years ago, and i follow all rules and regs as i have a family, and children. I have had annual passes for 2 years, but today when i went with my family my ticket was blocked. I was told i had to go to customer service. I went, and after some time, i was separated from my family, brought inside and asked to wait in a locked room. They wouldn't tell me what was going on until 2 security and an orange county sheriff came in. They said that they know i was a registered s/o and that they are revoking my annual pass. they took it and said they would try to refund my money and my families tickets and then had me sign a paper and gave me a official trespass warning. They wrote on it, conduct not desired at wdw, but when i asked what conduct are they speaking about, none could answer. The sheriff shook my hand and apologized for this seemingly b/s treatment. I asked where it said that these rules were in effect and they just gave me some email address to contact. no telephone number, and said i was banned from ANY disney property world wide..from downtown disney to resorts to all parks to restaurants etc..i had no idea that there were any rules regarding this. i am not under any supervision, and do not have any restrictions regarding anything. This has been tough enough on my family and this was just such a disappointing day. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Sir, I really feel for your family...............so sad they are involved in this.

You Sir............you are a sex offender, worse yet in my mind, a online sex offender.......you should expect to be treated as such. I for one am glad you and any other sex offenders are not permitted on Disney property.

I would suggest you have the family plan a wdw trip without you.

SO info is free. I have an app on my phone actually. Its disgusting and with a 3 yr old i agree. Disney has had issues recently with pics being taken and other issues at the parks. All hush hush stuff. They are protecting themselves as its s scary place for kids if S/O are allowed to roam around.
Its not something that goes away. Maybe you have kids but i feel sad for them you were willing to hit on an under aged person online.

Personally i have no respect for that type of person. And no, i dont want S/O walking around property with my family and i.

Just my opinion.

bannedandnotsureWHY said:
I understand both responses. I think the question from me is 1) what did they use to get this information (not that it would have been difficult) and 2) they said this was a "new" thing that they must ban any one who is a registered s/o. I thought something were to have to have occurred for them to ban. Not simply because they felt my presence was undesired. It was a very humiliating experience.

To answer your "name" - because you are a sexual offender.

Disney apparently has a new policy and a database. Our old daycare has a current list of local names, faces and other info of SOs posted in the office. It would take a day or two for Disney to acquire a local, state or even national list and plug into a database for their use. There may even be a simple program available for companies to simply download.

I don't believe it was an occurrence at Disney that prompted this new policy so much as sexual predators are a world wide problem.

And by "humiliating experience", I hope you mean for your children and not yourself. You get no empathy.

You answered your own dilemma. They obviously have a new policy due to something that happened. Being an online sex offender you get absolutely NO sympathy from me and I'm sure you'll find that's the case with many others; Just like the people who do something stupid and then get banned for life and can't go back with their families. Your choices always have consequences and if you thought to be selfish and disrespectful in your life that's your own problem.

Folks, I just looked and saw that theis baaned person is on post 3, and the topic and the way it was presented, is so off the wall......I am pretty sure this was a troll.......

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter