Banned From Disney?

OT, but a funny story.

Many years ago at the local mall, I unlocked a car that I thought was mine with MY keys!!! It wasn't until I was inside that I noticed the car wasn't mine. :scared:There was a jacket and other items that clued me in. I wonder to this day if it would have started. Instead I was so horrified I got out quickly before anyone saw me and gingerly walked one row over to my car.:blush:

Maybe 10 years ago while at Downtown Disney, we got into a minivan that we rented and realized that it wasn't ours. So our whole family of six hopped out and found "our" van. I believe that they left their van open and when my husband used the remote, he thought it opened the van and we all jumped in. The clue was there was sand inside and the drivers seat was in a different position. And some clothes that didn't belong to us!

Actually knew someone who was banned, she was allowed to come to the WWoS but never back in a park. She was known to be a pathalogical liar and a thief, she was also an avid pin collector. While at a kiosk in MK, she told her son to hold on to some pins that she wanted and was still looking around. Then said lets go, he thought she paid for them and security was there and busted HIM for theft. They had video of her giving the pins to him. They wanted to put him in Juvenile jail and the mom took the blame, she ended up doing 30 days in jail and had to sign an agreement to never come back in the parks. I saw the letter so this much i know is true. How they let her do 30 days rather than her son I don't know, something is wrong with that part of the story I do believe. He was not banned only she was. She passed away a year and a half later, but like I said was allowed back at the WWoS that following year.

Makes me think about when people want to take a trip to Canada... until recently if you have been convicted of:
driving under the influence of alcohol;
public mischief; or
shoplifting.
You are not allowed in, now you can request a one time temporary resident visa (even for a short day stay while on a cruise) and hope that they will allow you to come.
So many families have been effected by this because the wife or husband want to go on an Alaska cruise, but ALL of them have a port stop in Canada, and they have not been allowed to go because someone has a record.

Seems like Disney is banning people from visiting the World just like Canada is for visiting their country. You had your chance to be a good citizen, you screwed up so don't come visit anymore.

Maybe 10 years ago while at Downtown Disney, we got into a minivan that we rented and realized that it wasn't ours. So our whole family of six hopped out and found "our" van. I believe that they left their van open and when my husband used the remote, he thought it opened the van and we all jumped in. The clue was there was sand inside and the drivers seat was in a different position. And some clothes that didn't belong to us!

We had a similar experience--except we opened up two vans (and almost a third) using the remote (we were opening the back of the van to get things out) before we found "ours"!!!!! The first had a pair of crutches in the back (not us), the second had a stroller (definitely not us) and by the third we looked in before we opened. I reported it to the rental company when we turned the van back in but I'm sure that report went nowhere. Taught me not to leave any valuables in a rental car because you don't know who can open it.

Actually, it was the use of the Tower of Terror for one ride without any restraints.:lmao:

When my kids misbehave at Hollywood Studios, I point over to the Tower of Terror and say that riding that might be their punishment. They HATE that ride. I'd definitely let 'em use their restraints though....definitely want to keep 'em around!

From all the reports of rental cars and access, I'm betting that the rental car companies use a more limited number of remotes/key combinations than typically available to make replacement easier. I'm sure they need to deal with that frequently enough.

We had a similar experience--except we opened up two vans (and almost a third) using the remote (we were opening the back of the van to get things out) before we found "ours"!!!!! The first had a pair of crutches in the back (not us), the second had a stroller (definitely not us) and by the third we looked in before we opened. I reported it to the rental company when we turned the van back in but I'm sure that report went nowhere. Taught me not to leave any valuables in a rental car because you don't know who can open it.

Yup -- my keyless remote opened up somebody else's rental car and I was too sleepy to realize I was getting into a navy blue car, and not the black one we had rented. Figures I was just opening the door and realizing my mistake when the real renter walked up :confused3

redrosesix said:
Yup -- my keyless remote opened up somebody else's rental car and I was too sleepy to realize I was getting into a navy blue car, and not the black one we had rented. Figures I was just opening the door and realizing my mistake when the real renter walked up :confused3

Funny story at a family gathering a few years ago, I was tasked with moving a bunch of cousins, aunts and uncles vehicles from our driveway so that one aunt and her daughter could head out for home.

I discovered that one cousin's Ford key both unlocked and started another family member's car. At first I thought I had just mixed up the keys, but the real funny came when my uncle admitted he gave me the keys to a vehicle he'd left at home ... you know as a joke ... so he was like "What'd you do, hotwire my truck?" -- and I was like you mean 'these' aren't your keys?

It was kinda funny.. But there are limited number of key/unlock combinations. I have been at the mall and unlocked & entered a vehicle that wasn't mine on more than one occasion but with the new codes built into the keys, I haven't been able to start one. Thank goodness!

Makes me think about when people want to take a trip to Canada... until recently if you have been convicted of:
driving under the influence of alcohol;
public mischief; or
shoplifting.
You are not allowed in, now you can request a one time temporary resident visa (even for a short day stay while on a cruise) and hope that they will allow you to come.
So many families have been effected by this because the wife or husband want to go on an Alaska cruise, but ALL of them have a port stop in Canada, and they have not been allowed to go because someone has a record.

Seems like Disney is banning people from visiting the World just like Canada is for visiting their country. You had your chance to be a good citizen, you screwed up so don't come visit anymore.

Yeah, it's the same if a Canadian who is convicted of similar charges wants to go to the US. Unless a full pardon has been granted, it's a no go even on minor charges. Still not clear if Disney has a pardon system though!

OT, but a funny story.

Many years ago at the local mall, I unlocked a car that I thought was mine with MY keys!!! It wasn't until I was inside that I noticed the car wasn't mine. :scared:There was a jacket and other items that clued me in. I wonder to this day if it would have started. Instead I was so horrified I got out quickly before anyone saw me and gingerly walked one row over to my car.:blush:

A couple of years back, my wife & I were staying at Boardwalk for Food & Wine. Father in Law decided to join us at last minute, but couldn't get reservation at Boardwalk and ended up staying a Animal Kingdom Lodge.

He drove over to eat with us one evening, but on leaving, the concierge parking office couldn't find his keys. After an hour, his car was brought back by the person who was given his car in error. (same make, model, & color)

As if by magic, they found a concierge room for him at the Boardwalk for the rest of his stay.

Andrew

A friend of ours wanted to stay a few days with us at dis resort, but was not going to register as a guest. we were so afraid we would get caught and get banned from wdw for having an "extra" guest in our room that we finally said no way! not sure if they would have even banned us for that, but we weren't going to chance it!:confused3

years ago in the 80s during grad nights a student(s) were suppose to have thrown Mickey Mouse in a lake at WDW. I am not sure if this was an urban legend looking back now but I know we were 'schooled' in our school auditorium before we boarded charter buses for Orlando. That was a great night.
Understanding was too if you messed up at Grad Nite no walking at graduation. Times have changed though cant imagine kids dressing up semi formal now for Disney and acting respectful.

duranfan said:
years ago in the 80s during grad nights a student(s) were suppose to have thrown Mickey Mouse in a lake at WDW. I am not sure if this was an urban legend looking back now but I know we were 'schooled' in our school auditorium before we boarded charter buses for Orlando. That was a great night.
Understanding was too if you messed up at Grad Nite no walking at graduation. Times have changed though cant imagine kids dressing up semi formal now for Disney and acting respectful.

That is so funny you mentioned that, I graduated from a school in Tallahassee Fl, I think it was someone from my high school during my 4 yrs. I do not believe it's an urban legend.

I am not banned, but I can tell you 1st hand that Diz takes their security very seriously.

I was a college program CM @Pecos Bill's in '94. One day I was pulled out of my shift and brought down to an office above Main Street, never told why. The office was called WDW Investigations. While I was waiting I asked the guy next to my why he was here and he told me he got caught stealing money out of the register. Needless to say I was "blanking-bricks".

I was taken in a room where 2older guys sat me down and grilled me for a good half hour+ about a lewd crank phone call I supposedly made to a Disney office.

???????

I never made any calls but they kept grilling me...."don't lie to us, it was you." "What do you have to hide?" "It's ok, just tell us you did it and it will be fine" type grilling.

I denied everything outright--because I never did it--and I really wanted to work for Disney in the future, so I was not about to have a black mark on my record.

finally they produced a recording of the call. It was really lewd and kinda dumb. Now, I'm not saying I've never did a prank call in my life...but this was just stupid. Plus, the male accent was defiantly a New England-ish type. I'm from NY---and you can never confused the 2. They made me do a voice match recording and sent me back to work with a "we will analyze this and if you are lying you are in big trouble!"

The call recording was tagged with an extension and date. I recognized the ext, it was the appt that the girl I was hanging out with lived at, also a CP in Vista Way.

When i got back, i spoke to her and she said she was approached by security and they asked any males who may have been in her apartment. Being we were together, my name was the only one she thought of, and not knowing why she was asked. Turns out, She had a boyfriend back home (yea, i know...we were 18 and living away for a few months. none of us were saints) from Boston who had visited a month or so ago and after putting all the pieces together, we realized it was him and a friend in a drunken idiot session making the call.

Needless to say, I was innocent after the voice match and nothing else happened, but it was a terrifying time for a dumb college kid just looking to have some fun on CP.

DVCJones said:
OT, but a funny story.

I totally did the exact same thing once. Was with my parents at a wedding--they were drunk and I was prego. I took their keys and went for their expedition. It totally unlocked, I got in, looked around and as I realized this wasn't quite right, the owner knocked on the window! I was so embarrassed! And our car was like 4 spots over. Whoops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter