Banshee Toy outside of AK?

GusGus77

DIS Veteran
My 7yr old son remembers the toy banshee that sits on your shoulder from our last trip a year ago. While we may be able to drive down to Disney at the end of the month, we cannot afford to go to any of the theme parks. Is the banshee available outside of Animal Kingdom and if so, does anyone know the price? My son seems to remember it at $60 (He apparently is saving money towards it.) Thank you!

The shop Disney Parks app has them at 84.99 and it looks like you can order one through the app. If I remember correctly inside the Pandora gift shop is the only place you can get them.

You can order them through the Shop Parks app. They are $84.99. I do seem to remember that they were $60 in the park, but that was 18 months ago.

Outside of the park, you have to buy them along with some sort of perch (I've been looking them up online). In the park, the perch is optional, so that's why the price in the park is cheaper than online. But then again, to get the lower price you need to buy a park admission, so it's not a deal in the long run.

To go along with @hiroMYhero's post, if you were to get the shopping pass, they also have a smaller selection of the Banshees in the gift shop that's on the left as you are walking toward the Tree of Life, Island Mercantile I think it's called.

I have never heard of a shopping pass! That is really neat! I am not sure I can handle being surrounded by animal kingdom and just walking out! Thanks!

Wouldn't you also need to pay for parking to even get to guest relations? Seems like the app is the cheapest option?

We won’t go way out of our way (or spend $85 for a toy for a 7yr old) so I guess we will just have to wait until we can go on a real Disney trip and not just a non-park trip. I was just thinking it would be neat if they had them at Disney springs or something and we could help him out $ wise if it was $60 (he only has $40.) I am guessing that he would miss out on the fun of getting one in Pandora anyway. (I know he says he doesn’t care, but...)

I have never heard of a shopping pass! That is really neat! I am not sure I can handle being surrounded by animal kingdom and just walking out! Thanks!

Pretty sure that's what Disney has in mind!;)

What happens if you don’t return after an hour on your shopping pass? Do they hunt you down in AK?

What happens if you don’t return after an hour on your shopping pass? Do they hunt you down in AK?

LOL -

What actually happens is that you purchase a park pass and pay in full to enter and then if you return to GR in a certain amount of time with your purchase and receipt your $ is refunded. Although I am not 100% sure this is still an option - that's how it was done several years ago.

Shop Disney Parks App often has 25% off the site, so you could watch for that. It brings the price down somewhat, though still a lot for a toy! My daughter wanted one initially but then the CM let her hold it, and she realized it didn’t do as much as she envisioned, so she went with the stuffed banshee, which was around $22, but those are “in store” only.

My son has one he bought last fall- he may possibly be interested in selling it- I can ask him today if you’d like :) it’s still in new condition with the box and the perch also

My son has one he bought last fall- he may possibly be interested in selling it- I can ask him today if you’d like :) it’s still in new condition with the box and the perch also

Thank you! I don’t really think he needs one at all, but thought I would look to see if there was an easy way to make magic happen. He can wait until we go to the parks in another two years or so.

Thank you! I don’t really think he needs one at all, but thought I would look to see if there was an easy way to make magic happen. He can wait until we go to the parks in another two years or so.

Checked the ShopDisney website and they are having a 25% off sale and free shipping if you spend at least $75. I didn't check to see if the Banshees were included in the discount, but just FYI.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter