Bar/Lounge and a Book

SteffyLou

Mouseketeer
DH and I are staying at a value resort. He needs to attend a work conference one night. I’d like to enjoy a drink and read. What are the best lounges to do this at? I just plan on taking an Uber to get there.

California grill lounge has everything...drinks, a view of the fireworks in the MK and excellent food if you get hungry. Top of the contemporary. May not be quiet per se but you should be able to get a chair and read and drink.

I'd vote for Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge. Lots of nooks and crannies around each lobby and plenty to explore at both resorts. Especially AK - it's like you're not even in FL anymore. Both have a nice lounge for a cocktail. Bonus at holiday time - both have amazing Christmas trees in the lobby. Bellevue Lounge at the Boardwalk is my other pick - great bartender, generally pretty quiet, nice indoor space but also a lovely patio overlooking the green. And plenty to explore on the Boardwalk if you were to get bored. Have fun!

The bar at AKL is really nice - it was quiet when we were there and had lots of nice areas to read. It's also close the the inside fire pit - easy to grab a drink and just a few steps away.

We also like River Roost at POR but make sure it's not a Yeehaw Bob night. He's a lot of fun but not really conducive to reading.

The Ale and Compass at YC is also nice on the exterior room. Lots of big, comfy chairs. It is off the lobby though so depending on how busy the lobby is, it may be a bit louder at this location.

Get a drink from Geyser Point at WL and go sit down by the water on one of the couches. It's pretty quiet and very relaxing.

All of these are great suggestions. The Belle Vue Lounge at Boardwalk is a good option as well.

DH and I are staying at a value resort. He needs to attend a work conference one night. I’d like to enjoy a drink and read. What are the best lounges to do this at? I just plan on taking an Uber to get there.
I love to have a drink poolside at the Grand Floridian. Actually, any of the bars there are nice. I love sitting ay bars though I am not much of a drinker anymore. I like the sociability of bars. It is so easy to strike up a conversation with someone sitting next to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!