Barbeque for dinner tonight? Better guard your meat!

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
Woman allegedly steals steak from neighbor's barbecue grill

By The Associated Press

SAN ANDREAS, Calif. - Authorities said they followed a trail of meat juice to a woman suspected of stealing steak from a neighbor's barbecue.

Calaveras County authorities arrested Lindsey Blackledge for allegedly stealing the steak off the outdoor grill when her neighbor wasn't looking.

The call to Calaveras County Sheriff's Department came at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday from a woman who said she only turned away from the grill briefly to find her meal gone.

Authorities didn't have to bring in the blood hounds to solve the case of the missing meat.

"It had been stolen and a trail of meat juice was followed up to the next door apartment," said sheriff's deputy Blain Smith.

The deputies found the partially cooked meat on a bathroom counter in the apartment occupied by Blackledge.

Blackledge was arrested on suspicion of receiving stolen property and having an outstanding warrant for allegedly stealing stolen property in an unrelated case.

She was being held in Calaveras County jail on $25,000.

The steak never made it back to the grill. "I doubt if it was returned and I don't think they booked it in evidence," Smith said.

I've beeen tempted..... but I usually follow my nose and try for the invite ;)

I've never had anything stolen, but the dairy cows across the road give me dirty looks every time I bbq steak. ;)

$25,000 bail for stealing steaks?!?!

What were they, 10 pounds of Omaha prime T-bones?

:confused: Yikes! First, why whould she steal a steak in the first place, then put it on her *bathroom* counter??? :confused: Then stealing a steak has such a harsh term?? Yikes...

What stupid criminals shouldn't do!!:) The $25,000 is probably for the outstanding warrant. I doubt the steak would do that.

omg! that is too funny!!

25,000 for stealing a steak! LOL! :p

that is alot for like a 5 buck steak!!

I wonder what the fine would have been if she stole an ear of corn or baked potato???:p :p :p

For heaven's sake! I guess she was very, very hungry? Wonder what her defense will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!