Barcelona hotel recommendations

99Wendy

Mouseketeer
Looking for Barcelona hotel recommendations for my family of 4 (DDs 15& 13). We are set to sail on the Magic July 2020
I would like to keep it under $400 a night (less is better!). And if possible all of us in 1 room, not 100% comfortable having the girls in a different room, they think it sounds amazing though! (They really are good kids so I don’t worry about them leaving the hotel or anything, just a nervous mom!) If needed DH and I could split up too
Would also consider airB&B but have no experience with that

Thanks so much!

We have found out that over 15 is an adult in Barcelona. Many rooms have a different capacity as well. We stayed at the Novotel Barcelona City hotel two years ago and it was great. We usually choose to stay at Novotels in the UK. There is a big mall only steps away and the taxi to the port is just outside the hotel. My youngest will have just turned 16 and also travelling with my 18 year old daughter for the May 30th cruise. We hope to stay there again.

Hello, we just did the EBTA in May and stayed at the Grupotel Gran Via 678 . It was clean, nice, our reservation included breakfast for all 3 of us. It was walking distance to Las Ramblas and the Flamenco show. Show was Amazing, dinner was good. We ate at a pizza place not far from the hotel as well, was so delicious. Some stores near by to purchase snacks, water ect. We used Barcelona Day tours for all of our tours and they were Fantastic!!! Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.:o

I stayed at the Hilton Diagonal which was very nice, my cost was around 260 euros. It was across the street from a large mall and an easy 2 block walk to the beach.

We stayed at the DCL-assigned Renaissance (Marriott) on the front end of a Med./WBTA B2B (DCL planned all of our travel). It might be pricey, but in a great location...you can check prices on their web site. We arrived several days in advance and walked to several of Gaudi's buildings and took the bus, with help from the hotel staff, to Parc Gruell. DCL had a desk in the lobby where we confirmed our cruise and transport to the dock in Dover. We also signed up before the trip on the internet for a tour of the Sagrada Familia (with one-way elevator ride up one of the towers) and a walking tour of Old Town including a tour of Picasso's Museum. Ate dinner at the 4 Cats, Picasso's favorite restaurant. Watch for pickpockets!!! I got tagged at the gift shop across the street from the entrance to Parc Guell...didn't lose much, a money belt held the important stuff. They even train kids to do it because of smaller hands. We did La Rambla during our switchover day after the Med. leg of our cruise. Check out Rick Steves videos and books on Barcelona for great info. Also, Dan Brown's book, "Origin," takes place in Barcelona with one chapter devoted to the stairs we walked down in Sagrada Familia. Great city...Gaudi makes parts of it look like Whoville. Cruise on...

my family DW, DD14, DS9 all stayed at this vBRO. it was great. less than $200 a night. quiet area. easy walk to everything and sites! good food all around. Very easy to taxi to port for cruise. Way way easy to taxi.
only draw back is it' is 5 floors up. But amazing rooftop sitting area. 2 bedrooms. full kitchen. just awesome:
https://www.vrbo.com/1060567ha?noDates=true

Check out the family rooms at Hotel Jazz (hoteljazz.com). Smaller hotel, nice facilities, breakfast included or not at your choice when booking, and should be well within your budget.

Looking for Barcelona hotel recommendations for my family of 4 (DDs 15& 13). We are set to sail on the Magic July 2020
I would like to keep it under $400 a night (less is better!). And if possible all of us in 1 room, not 100% comfortable having the girls in a different room, they think it sounds amazing though! (They really are good kids so I don’t worry about them leaving the hotel or anything, just a nervous mom!) If needed DH and I could split up too
Would also consider airB&B but have no experience with that

Thanks so much!
We just stayed at Quartprimera Apartments which I booked using Booking com. It was fantastic! Really clean, large 3 bedroom/3 bathroom with AC and washer/dryer. I would stay there again anytime. Very close to the Diagonal metro stop which was very convenient to get around.

A second for the Renaissance Marriott Barcelona - Called the "Renaissance Barcelona Hotel", Carrer de Pau Claris, 122, 08009 Barcelona, Spain. We stayed here post ETBA but not through Disney (even though it's one of the hotels DCL books you in if you book with them). We were able to get a good rate booking directly and just took a taxi from the Port to the hotel. We picked it for the location. We wanted to be in the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic) and this was a good hotel and a good price that we know would have English speaking staff. They were great about setting up a very early morning taxi for us to get to the airport the following day!

The room was very small, typical of European rooms, but very well appointed. Think Times Square NYC size rooms. We have a single king bed in our room. You could not fit four people in that room. Period. Us and our two weeks worth of luggage barley fit. But they do offer larger rooms as well.

The lobby of that hotel was a favorite. The smell they pump in is Disney level good. Loved coming back to this hotel each night. It has restaurants, a couple bakeries and even a McDonalds close (Starbucks wasn't to far, but be able to point or order in Spanish) and the charm of a Cathedral nearby so you hear the faint sound of bells (wasn't an issue at night).

It was very close to Place de Catalunya (a Plaza) which quickly became a favorite area of ours.

I would stay here again.

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar before our 2018 10 Day Med Cruise. It was a few blocks from the beach and shopping was right across the street. We would stay there again if we ever do another cruise out of Barcelona.

Psy

Last edited:
Hotel Royal Ramblas is right on Las Ramblas near the Latin Quarter and Hop On bus stop. They have family rooms which will sleep 4 and our room had a living area separate from sleeping, rooms were clean but basic decor wise. Service was fantastic and the price for that location was unbelievable when booked directly with the hotel.

I would advise not staying directly in Las Ramblas. It's like staying in Times Square in my opinion - worse restaurants and more pickpockets looking to prey on tourists. We stayed in a aparthotel called BCN Rambla Catalunya. We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite because we were traveling with my mom and kids, so it was pricey, but they also have 2 bedrooms that come in at under 300 Euros a night and probably the 1 bedrooms are even cheaper. You could add on breakfast which was expensive but really incredible, and there was also an inexpensive bakery/coffee shop right across the street. 2 blocks from Gaudi's La Pedrera (Casa Mila) and also walking distance to Casa Battlo. The apartments come with full kitchens and washer/dryers.

I loved the Acta Atrium Palace - close enough to Las Ramblas and other things to walk, but not so close there was noise. I don't know how they are room-wise for families though as I was a solo adult.

We just stayed at Quartprimera Apartments which I booked using Booking com. It was fantastic! Really clean, large 3 bedroom/3 bathroom with AC and washer/dryer. I would stay there again anytime. Very close to the Diagonal metro stop which was very convenient to get around.
Thank you so much for the recommendation! I just booked it!

Thanks so much to everyone for taking the time to make a recommendation. I was shocked to see that so many of them were already booked a year out! I was able to book a 3 bedroom apartment, which I’m sure my DDs will enjoy having some of their own space before staying in a cruise cabin for a week!

Still so much to plan!!

We stayed at Hotel Jazz. We are a family of four - the family room we got felt huge. It had big windows and was a great location for walking places.

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar before our Med cruise. I remember trying to book 1 year in advance and it showed sold out. Availability actually opened up at about 8 months. I was able to make a reservation with Hilton Honors points. We wanted the close access to the beach. It was too cool when we were there though but really liked the hotel. We were upgraded to a high floor with a fabulous view and had access to the lounge for breakfast and evening snacks. Would stay there again.

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar before our Med cruise. I remember trying to book 1 year in advance and it showed sold out. Availability actually opened up at about 8 months. I was able to make a reservation with Hilton Honors points. We wanted the close access to the beach. It was too cool when we were there though but really liked the hotel. We were upgraded to a high floor with a fabulous view and had access to the lounge for breakfast and evening snacks. Would stay there again.
Good to know! I can cancel my reservation up to 2 weeks out. I’ll keep this in mind in case we get enough rewards points! Thanks

this past july, we stayed in the Midtown Apartments, an apartment hotel.
It was absolutely fabulous, in a fantastic location and immaculately clean.
I highly recommend it.
we were in a two bedroom apartment, with 2 bedrooms, living room, full kitchen, washer/dryer, two bathrooms and again it was so clean, you wouldn't believe it.
There's also a lovely small pool on the roof that we enjoyed using.
we stayed there for 3 nights before our disney magic cruise.

Here's the link to trip advisor and the hotel website:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...s-Midtown_Apartments-Barcelona_Catalonia.html
https://www.midtownapartments-barce...padvisor&utm_campaign=LinkUSA&utm_content=USA

We stayed at the Hotel Claris in Barcelona back in 2013 on the recommendation of some friends. It was stunning. It was fairly pricey, but we figured we were only staying for one night. I think we paid about $460 for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!