Barnstormer Seating Arrangement

Looks like DS’s birthday will be coming a couple of months early. He’ll be thrilled.

Disclaimer: I would never break any type of rule in which an age is arbitrarily set as a sort of tent pole for safety, and do not recommend anyone doing so.

So now that I've had my trip, I wanted to report on this. Before you even get in the line, we had a cast member that went through a whole rigmarole about how old everyone was, and with our combination of 8/6/3/3 ages, they realized that we would have to ride 3 times to do everyone, as I had feared. They gave us one swap pass. They told us, when we use it, tell the CM that we have to keep it to use again for the last child. Kind of weird. You could just keep doing that if you really wanted to keep riding it. (But seriously, why would you?) It's a pretty annoying way to do it, because even using the FP line, it can take a little while, and it's a huge time suck. We ended up only doing it twice because it was taking too long. One of my kids just got jipped and did something else instead. If you're in a similar situation (but why would you be), my advise is to just try to avoid the ride. It's not worth it and both me and my wife regretted that we had wasted the time on it.
On a related note, we found throughout our whole trip, CMs tended to be really attentive about how old our kids were. My 6 year old wasn't allowed to ride with by 8 year old on 7D, or even Toy Story. Dumbo, Carpets, Triceratops, it came up all over the place, and our 6 year old had to ride right next to an adult every single time for anything. After that, it's hard to imagine this policy ever being ignored. It seems to be pushed hard everywhere.
It’s frustrating that Mine Train gives different answers. We rode twice last trip, on different days (I’m the one whose kids were 3,3,5,7 who responded to you in March about the Barnstormer). Both times they let my 5 year old ride with the 7 year old, as long as they were in the same segment of the train as my husband or I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!