Baseball

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Has anyone traveled to Japan and gone to a baseball game? I love baseball and I know Japan is into baseball. I just didn’t know if there are professional teams we could go watch

I have no idea, but I've been following Japan Travel on Reddit for info about stuff beyond the Disney parks, and users are extremely knowledgeable. I know I've seen a few questions about baseball in the past several months. You might consider subscribing to that thread and asking some questions.

Yes! I went to see the Yokohama Baystars play the Yomiuri Giants. Japanese Baseball is awesome if you’re a baseball fan! The fans are really into it and the cheers are amazing.

Make sure you sit on the home team side. We prefer the 3rd base side but we’re stuck with a bunch of Giants fans. It would have been more fun on the Baystars side.

Thanks for all of the replies! We love baseball and just had our last game tonight for an adult softball league. The Tokyo Dome looks awesome!!! We will be staying in Tokyo for 4-5 nights so I seriously think we are gonna go check that out! I think we might make a whole day out of the Tokyo Dome area before the game. The roller coaster looks awesome!

Last edited:
Yes! I went to see the Yokohama Baystars play the Yomiuri Giants. Japanese Baseball is awesome if you’re a baseball fan! The fans are really into it and the cheers are amazing.

Make sure you sit on the home team side. We prefer the 3rd base side but we’re stuck with a bunch of Giants fans. It would have been more fun on the Baystars side.
Did you buy your tickets ahead of time?

Did you buy your tickets ahead of time?
Yes. We went with my husband's coworker who bought the tickets. The home side of the outfield would be amazing, but VERY loud since that's where the chants and cheers come from.

Yes. We went with my husband's coworker who bought the tickets. The home side of the outfield would be amazing, but VERY loud since that's where the chants and cheers come from.
How far in advance do you think we should buy tickets? I'm not even sure when they will go on sale for next May. I don't mind loud. I actually think that would add a lot of fun to the event! Are the seats tiny? Dh is a bit bigger and is worried about that. He said we should buy 4 seats lol

... and speaking o
How far in advance do you think we should buy tickets? I'm not even sure when they will go on sale for next May. I don't mind loud. I actually think that would add a lot of fun to the event! Are the seats tiny? Dh is a bit bigger and is worried about that. He said we should buy 4 seats lol
II would buy them when your plans are 100% set. I don't remember the seats being small but every ballpark is different. Have fun, it's like no other baseball in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter