Bath Bombs and the jacuzzi tubs

debbiepump

DIS Veteran
I'm sure most of us have been in Basin in downtown Disney. Well, for my upcoming trip in May, I've got my bath bombs ready. Do I just throw one in the water when the tub is filling? Do I throw one in after the tub is filled and the jets are on? How long do the med. sized bombs last? I know dumb question. I'd be mighty embarassed if I had to call housekeeping cuz I messed something up. The jacuzzi tub is 'my' thing at DVC/this time I have my candles, bomb and oh yea, DH!
Thanks.

What is a bath bomb? If its something that smells good and is soothing then I want one for my jacuzzi at home.

I use a large bath bomb for the tubs at OKW, which are 2 person tubs, and a medium-large for the one person tubs at BW. I throw mine in as the tub is filling. Usually you get nicely scented water, but few bubbles, so you will be fine with a bath bomb. Be very careful, though, with Bubble bath-type bombs, as they can get out-of-hand very easily. Last summer we got a GV at OKW, and I was ready with what I thought were bath bombs that I had received as a Christmas gift. I threw one in---and it exploded in bubbles! :scared1: There were bubbles EVERYWHERE! They were over my head! :lmao: When I read the wrapper, it specifically said to use 1/4 of the bar-- I got bubbles for days afterward. :) Basin's bath bombs are coarse, like Tide or Cascade, so they can be used in jacuzzi tubs. Just remember to clean the tub first with Tide or Cascade to clean out the jets--fill the tub, throw in 1/4 cup, and turn it on for 15 minutes. Empty it out, and you are ready to go. ;)

Sherri said:
What is a bath bomb? If its something that smells good and is soothing then I want one for my jacuzzi at home.
Are you old enough to remember Fizzies, the effervescent drink tablets? Bath bombs are like giant Fizzies for your bath. Throw one in your bath water and it fizzes as it dissolves, releasing color and scent into your bath water. Some of them have surprises inside, too. Check out Basin's bath bombs here: http://www.basin.com/web-cart/customer/home.php?cat=248

LisaS said:
Are you old enough to remember Fizzies, the effervescent drink tablets?

I had never heard of Fizzies before now. It looks like they're still available.
I saw some at Fizzies.com; looks like some things never go out of style. :goodvibes

LMAO!!!!! Thanks for the info. I take the Cascade 'packs' they have out instead of having the actual powder, but guess I could just use what's supplied in the room. Boy, am I dumb. Anyway, thanks for the info. I could see me with all those bubbles too!

Don't feel bad, Debbiepump, you learn by asking, just like all of us. :) If I had asked about bath bombs before I tried them in the jacuzzi, I would have known that they aren't all the same, and avoided my bubble disaster! :wizard:

I have used the BASIN bath bombs in the jacuzzi tubs at the BCVs all the time with NO problem. I throw it in as the water is filling.

pinnie

I'm going to do us ALL a favor and stay out of this particular discussion.

We've done it too without too much issue..

The one thing you may want to avoid though is the bombs with other particles in them like colored sparkles, etc... Stick with the homogeneous bombs... They are easier to clean up.

Plus, I'm always worried about those getting caught in the jets.

Who dumped a whole truckload of bath bombs into High Rock Springs?

Obscure Ping for HBC....

Thank you so much for the information and the link. I can't wait to get it.
That is the coolest stuff. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks again. I can't wait until my daughter gets home from school so I can show her.

We have a jacuzzi tub at home (huge corner unit for 2) and we always shop at Basin. As a rule, we don't use the bombs and the jets at the same time. Anything that contains particles (like rose petals, sponge toys, or whatever) doesn't get run through the jets. We're probably over-cautious, but it's just not worth damaging our tub. Bubble bath is fair game, but the bombs are salt-based, not soap-based.

Even the small bombs to a good job with our huge tub. No need to buy bigger ones unless you want it really strong.

Basin is our first stop when we arrive each trip. I usually buy 7 or 8 tubes of them so we have enough when we get home too.

Every evening when we get back from the parks, the kids run to the jacuzzi and take turns each night picking the Basin bomb scent for that evening. I agree about the hidden Mickey and treasure bombs - not the best choice for jacuzzis, but we do buy several to take home with us.

Our favorite scent is the caribbean one that has a stick of cinnamon in it. Yummy smell!

That's a good suggestion to avoid the bombs with stuff in them. Last trip I used a bomb with all natural ingredients in it, including seaweed. What a mess it made in the tub! Yuck! I also found out I am allergic to seaweed, when I broke out in hives, and my airway constricted. I went to sleep, and by morning I had been thru the worst of the allergic reaction. :scared1: I am sticking with man-made chemicals from now on, and they are easier to clean up! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter