Battery Operated Handheld Fan?

Bethislucy

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best handheld fan. We are taking our first summer trip and I'm not sure what to buy. They have USB rechargeable fans that I feel like may be better than regular batteries but I would like to buy a brand that someone has used before. Also regular fan or a misting fan what is your suggestions?

We (me, DH and older teen sons) were in WDW August 2016. It. Was. Hot. :)

We brought both small, cheap misting fans and bigger, more expensive hand held fans. We didn't like the misting fans. If the boys were little they may have liked them. With the misting fans we were hot and damp. Yuck. The larger hand held fans were too big. We ended up using the small misting fans without the mist. That worked well for us.

I'm not sure a fan that plugs into our phones would have worked for us. By the end of our days phone battery life was close to zero, between taking pictures, videos and using our weather and WDW apps. I brought extra batteries for the fans and never needed them.

We use the misting fans from Walmart - they lasted for years. We are fine with one set of batteries for the whole trip for each fan but always bring extra batteries just in case.

I also got the misting handheld fans from Walmart.

But I will also be taking my blue WDW misting fan from a few vacations ago. It still works great....and whenever we are at a MLB game or something I get people coming up to me asking where I got it from. I say " sorry I didn't get it from a vendor or gift shop here...it's from WDW." :earboy2:

I love Coleman brand "Zephyr" mini fans. They're compact but very powerful, much more powerful than typical foam-bladed mini fans. You can buy on Amazon. I like them better than heavy, clunky misting fans, especially when it's humid.

We (me, DH and older teen sons) were in WDW August 2016. It. Was. Hot. :)

We brought both small, cheap misting fans and bigger, more expensive hand held fans. We didn't like the misting fans. If the boys were little they may have liked them. With the misting fans we were hot and damp. Yuck. The larger hand held fans were too big. We ended up using the small misting fans without the mist. That worked well for us.

That was my thoughts with the misting fan, that it would make me feel yucky. I thought about a small fan and those cooling clothes. I am on a med that doesn't mix well with a lot of heat so i'm trying to have stuff in place to help. We've got a great game plan for the park I just want to have stuff in place to help cool me off if i need it.

I used a small phone/usb fan and plugged it into a fuelrod. The fuelrod made a nice handle for the fan and when it started to die, I just switched it for a new one. Bonus, when my phone battery was getting low, I unplugged my fan and charged my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter