Batuuan Spira Gift Card Coin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Simple question, in I keep reading that the Batuuan Spira Gift Card Coin is a hit and miss in the WDW resort. Meaning some CM's do not know what it is or how to use it, so am I going to have issues with this gift card outside of GE?

It is good anywhere. If they haven't been trained on what it is, just point out it's a gift card, and to scan the back. I used it on Monday during and after my preview at DHS, despite it not being sold there yet!

It is good anywhere. If they haven't been trained on what it is, just point out it's a gift card, and to scan the back. I used it on Monday during and after my preview at DHS, despite it not being sold there yet!

Good to know, I was wondering if anyone had issues outside of GE using it as this is definitely unique as far as the gift cards come. When using a gift card normally they swipe the card I believe, nothing to scan from what I can tell. BUT the Spira has the scan bar and nothing to swipe, so do all of the places that accept gift cards have the ability to "scan" these gift cards? I am wondering if I should just move the $$ from the Spira to a regular gift card?

Good to know, I was wondering if anyone had issues outside of GE using it as this is definitely unique as far as the gift cards come. When using a gift card normally they swipe the card I believe, nothing to scan from what I can tell. BUT the Spira has the scan bar and nothing to swipe, so do all of the places that accept gift cards have the ability to "scan" these gift cards? I am wondering if I should just move the $$ from the Spira to a regular gift card?

The ones that sell merchandise have the ability to scan it since they have the wand thingy that scans the price tags. But I don't think the places that sell food have the wand.

Ok thanks as I just got off the phone with Disney Gift Card CM and she had no idea what it was or never heard of it.......

BUT she did say if it is a Disney Gift card bought anywhere, she mentioned Walmart or GE she said it can be spent anywhere gift cards are accepted.

Also the card number and security numbers are behind the wavey lines and are not the coin numbers on the reverse, FYI......

From everything I have read, you have to get one in Galaxy's Edge and they tend to sell out. Mark, did you already get yours or are you planning to grab one for your upcoming trip? I am hoping to snag one in 17 days. :)

From everything I have read, you have to get one in Galaxy's Edge and they tend to sell out. Mark, did you already get yours or are you planning to grab one for your upcoming trip? I am hoping to snag one in 17 days. :)

I had one already and did pick one more up, they were all over GE, almost EVERY shop and stand I went too, I saw them, plenty of availability at least on the 29th, did also see them all over on the 31st.........

And I can also say I only had it rejected while dinner at BOG, the server was a bit grumpy and had no idea what it was or how to used it.......other then that it was used all over WDW and Disney Springs!

Another question, can I transfer other Disney gift cards on to the spira? I usually purchase gift cards in bulk for my trip from Sams or Target and would like to use this one instead!

Have they been hard to get? I’d love to get one when i’m there next week with my son.
NO they were plentiful last week, should not be an issue!

Another question, can I transfer other Disney gift cards on to the spira? I usually purchase gift cards in bulk for my trip from Sams or Target and would like to use this one instead!

Absolutely you can, I did exactly that, you just need to scratch off the wavey lines on the back of the coin as that is where the card number and the security#, then you can add it you your disney gift card account, I used it all week, it was cool to see the various looks at the CM's when I placed it down to use!

NO they were plentiful last week, should not be an issue!

Absolutely you can, I did exactly that, you just need to scratch off the wavey lines on the back of the coin as that is where the card number and the security#, then you can add it you your disney gift card account, I used it all week, it was cool to see the various looks at the CM's when I placed it down to use!

Perfect!!! Thank you!!

Are these in park purchases only? I’d like to order one before I get to the park and are they reloadable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!