Batuuan Spira Gift Card Coin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they reselling them on eBay? Wouldn't they have to buy them loaded with $100 on it? Do people use up that money, then sell the coin on eBay? They can't just transfer that $100, right, or else they'd have the code on the back and the coin would be useless except as a souvenir. I wouldn't buy anything "gift card" on eBay!

Like this one sounds like a complete scam: https://www.ebay.com/i/233322113410...FAVnHZrKFCVqGb8B1SbDt09QwO8Jc_H0aAgkVEALw_wcB
I was gifted the coin without any money. It had its money used up. Its not linked to anything so you could easily give it to someone else or sell it.

I bought one on ebay from a Disneyland guest (with no value as stated on the auction page) for about $20. last August for our Sept trip and gave it to my husband as a surprise.. I reloaded it on Disney gift card..com before I gave it to him to use in the parks and then keep as a souvenir. He loved it, It worked fine... I was just unsure if we could buy one in GE as our trip was 3 weeks after GE opened and I read that they were running out in the stores in the first hour.
I was gifted the coin without any money. It had its money used up. Its not linked to anything so you could easily give it to someone else or sell it.

Gifted is one thing, if you know the person who bought it and used it. But if you bought it on eBay, was the code revealed before you bought it? Would you still use it? I wouldn't pay $100 for a card that had its code already scratched.

Gifted is one thing, if you know the person who bought it and used it. But if you bought it on eBay, was the code revealed before you bought it? Would you still use it? I wouldn't pay $100 for a card that had its code already scratched.
I bought it knowing it was used/had no value...no code revealed.. just like you would not buy a gift card anywhere and post it's account number/code on line for anyone to steal. I chose an ebay seller with good reputation. I knew I could reload it with less than $100.00 that a new one would cost -- if I could get one on the one day we were going to GE in WDW. DH was thrilled to get one. For me, it was a win/win/win..

Hypothetically, One could buy 5 "coins". Transfer the value of all to a generic Mickey Disney gift card.. Sell the now valueless "coins" on ebay for $25. each.. You've just made $125. selling your used Disney souvenirs.. not much different than selling that t-shirt you bought and decided you didn't like anymore. nothing was scratched on the coin I bought.

Hypothetically, One could buy 5 "coins". Transfer the value of all to a generic Mickey Disney gift card.. Sell the now valueless "coins" on ebay for $25. each.. You've just made $125. selling your used Disney souvenirs.. not much different than selling that t-shirt you bought and decided you didn't like anymore. nothing was scratched on the coin I bought.

That math isn't really adding up for me because you're essentially still trapping $400 ($100 per "coin" you have to load) into nothing but buying Disney things later aren't you?

If you use the coin up in the parks, you don't have to scratch the back, nor do you even have to take it out of it's cardboard sleeve.

How are they reselling them on eBay? Wouldn't they have to buy them loaded with $100 on it? Do people use up that money, then sell the coin on eBay? They can't just transfer that $100, right, or else they'd have the code on the back and the coin would be useless except as a souvenir. I wouldn't buy anything "gift card" on eBay!

Like this one sounds like a complete scam: https://www.ebay.com/i/233322113410...FAVnHZrKFCVqGb8B1SbDt09QwO8Jc_H0aAgkVEALw_wcB

As others have said, if the gift card number and code have not been revealed on the card, it’s perfectly safe to buy an empty one on Ebay and reload it. Loaded is a bit more risky- there’s no way to know whether or not the $100 is still on it til you have the card and either buy something in person and check the receipt, or scratch off to reveal the numbers and check the balance online. You should be fine from reputable sellers with many positive reviews, and if it’s a scam, doesn’t Ebay have buyer protection?

Resell away and ok to buy away, it is good IF the squiggly lines on the back are not scratched off, those numbers one see when turning it over have nothing to do with the card number. Just like a POR Disney gift card, you have to scratch the back portion off to see the gift card number. You never have to scratch it off as you can continually reload it while in Disney BUT if you want to add it you your Disney gift card account you will have to scratch off the back portion so you can see the coin card numbers so you can add it to your account, perfectly ok to use it that way, I did and had ZERO issues with it. Funny in some complain that they would not use it if it was scratched off abut they have no issues using a regular gift card with the card number exposed....... go figure and if buying online make sure the card has not been scratched off...

I love this. I loved buying it in droid depot. I love using it. I don’t get why you buy one on eBay. wdw has them in stock and today well thurs was first time I’d seen them out behind the desk

Resell away and ok to buy away, it is good IF the squiggly lines on the back are not scratched off, those numbers one see when turning it over have nothing to do with the card number. Just like a POR Disney gift card, you have to scratch the back portion off to see the gift card number. You never have to scratch it off as you can continually reload it while in Disney BUT if you want to add it you your Disney gift card account you will have to scratch off the back portion so you can see the coin card numbers so you can add it to your account, perfectly ok to use it that way, I did and had ZERO issues with it. Funny in some complain that they would not use it if it was scratched off abut they have no issues using a regular gift card with the card number exposed....... go figure and if buying online make sure the card has not been scratched off...
View attachment 454143

Never said that, so I guess you are talking about someone else and gift cards? But yes, some are safe, some are not. Why risk letting someone have access to your money though? Why not just buy one that hasn't been handled by an unknown entity? (BTW, I wouldn't buy a gift card of any kind off eBay)

Never said that, so I guess you are talking about someone else and gift cards? But yes, some are safe, some are not. Why risk letting someone have access to your money though? Why not just buy one that hasn't been handled by an unknown entity? (BTW, I wouldn't buy a gift card of any kind off eBay)

Hmmm why not, as long as the card number is not exposed then NO issues of someone having "access" and I never said that...:) Some are so paranoid of ones shadow, relax nobody is making anyone buy anything....wait and stay away from ebay or for that fact off the net!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!