Bay lake standard view question

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, renting points, and was able to book a 1 bedroom standard at BL. We've stayed there before, but did lake view-to save some $ this year, we'll have to suffer through standard view, lol! I know standard view are the lower floors, is it also the lower floors that face the Contemporary/Marina?
thanks!

Just had our waitlist come in for 1bdrm std for march..hard for me to believe. Now in same boat as to what to request. We have had std studio and had main floor which was no problem fir us easy in and out. No elevators.

I looked up some views on a website that is prolly banned on here. and it looks like parking lot and corner rooms with half lake

A few years ago we had the 1 bedroom standard-it was the room right above the main entrance to bay lake, so basically you sat on the balcony, and everyone had a full view of you! They were kind enough to change us the next day-I know we can get parking lot view, but to be right where everyone walked in wasn't too great-the front desk was great to deal with. I thought they moved us to the marina side, low floor, but to be honest can't quite remember. That's what I'll try to request and see what happens!

Some of the higher floor standard views (e.g., 4th floor) have good views of MK. Others have nice views of Bay Lake. But, mostly, you're going to be looking at the parking lot, tennis court, the side of the Contemporary, or the landscaping inside the U towards the pool.

If you really care about the view, you can put in a request for a "high floor" for your standard 1br and may end up with something unexpectedly nice.

We booked a standard view 1 BR at Bay Lake Tower 3 years ago, and had a room on the north side looking at Space Mountain and Cinderella's Castle.

We booked a standard view 1 BR at Bay Lake Tower 3 years ago, and had a room on the north side looking at Space Mountain and Cinderella's Castle.
My first stay there was facing Space Mountain and a good view of Tomorrowland and the Castle lit up at night. I usually stay in standard studios. I have also had right by the bridge to Contemporary, so everyone walking across the bridge could see into my room. I had the room over the front entrance, overlooking the parking lot. That was rather loud, as people going in and out call to each other, yell at their kids, etc, as well as being able to see into my room. It was kind of like being in a football stadium tailgating, so loud and NO sense of privacy. They don't have sheers for the windows, which I simply don't understand why not. I also had a studio facing the lake once, right by the bocci ball court. They said it was standard view, but it sure seemed like it should have been lake view. So of all my standard view stays, my first room was definately the best.

We’ve stayed in a 1BR Standard view once and were on the 4th floor facing the bridge to the Contemporary, not much of a view. Since then we prefer staying in lake view, usually get our request for even number outer villa and get more like a bonus MK view with the castle fireworks, monorail, tennis courts and the lake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!